Re: GDT: St. louis Blues @ Wild - 7:00 3/25

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pm we have WAY too many left handed players which really hinders different angles.

RH's - Perron, Kyrou, Thomas, Bozak, Parayko, Faulk, Bortuzzo, Clifford....

2 are injured and 2 are not known for their offensive prowess which gives us realistically 4 RH players
I feel like this team has been overly left handed for a decade now
Just a Russian propaganda account

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pmwe have WAY too many left handed players which really hinders different angles.

2 are injured and 2 are not known for their offensive prowess which gives us realistically 4 RH players
This 2020 NHL.com article reports that up to 70% of shooters in the League are left-handed. On a standard 23-man roster, 8 right-handed shots sound about right (not left).

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:46 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pmwe have WAY too many left handed players which really hinders different angles.

This 2020 NHL.com article reports that up to 70% of shooters in the League are left-handed. On a standard 23-man roster, 8 right-handed shots sound about right (not left).
Funny thing is, when you play pick up, seems more guys play right handed.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:38 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pm we have WAY too many left handed players which really hinders different angles.

I feel like this team has been overly left handed for a decade now
It was never more severe than that 1 year about 3 or 4 years ago. We only had 2 guys RH in forward group.

How is this possible? When you consider about 10% of the population is left handed, how is 70% of the league? Are lefties just inheritantly better at hockey?

I need the science behind this.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:32 am

How is this possible? When you consider about 10% of the population is left handed, how is 70% of the league? Are lefties just inheritantly better at hockey?

I don’t know the science behind it but they have always said if you’re right handed you should technically shoot left because your dominant hand should be at the top of the stick. That’s why most players shoot left.
I grew up playing hockey , was right handed and preferred my dominant hand lower on the stick.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:17 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:32 am

I don’t know the science behind it but they have always said if you’re right handed you should technically shoot left because your dominant hand should be at the top of the stick. That’s why most players shoot left.
I grew up playing hockey , was right handed and preferred my dominant hand lower on the stick.
That's a great point and probably explains a lot of it. That most probably do everything RH except play hockey.

The handedness conversation was the most interesting thing to come out of last night's game. I believe there's a few schools of thought about which hand you should shoot. I'm a lefty for everything else but shoot right. Just have your kids start sweeping the floor, then give them a stick to correspond with which way they hold the broom. They'll be more comfortable shooting AND your floors will be clean.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!