Re: Bobby Plager dies in car accident

Terrible news. I wasn’t watching hockey when he played, so to me he was just always “that guy” that was around and the alum they’d always go to. But that’s how I got to know him, and I definitely wanted to see the blues win the Cup while he was still around to see it. Never thought he’d go out this way. I was at the number retirement game as well, my son still has the “banner”, along with Bernie’s and Hull’s. RIP to a guy who never stopped believing. Thoughts are with his family and (many, many, seemingly) friends.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:55 pm When you look at that accident it doesn’t look bad...it makes me wonder if he had a heart attack or something which caused the accident. This just hurts ..
That's just what I thought when I heard he had died in a car accident, without even seeing the car. It's a surprise, because he still looked well in his recent public appearances. It seems that both he, and especially Barc left us too early.

I had the pleasure of meeting him and Barc during the late '60s and first couple years of The '70s, when they came to Chicago Stadium for games. I always talked to Blues' players before games. I even met Billy, as well. He was a nice guy, and funny, too. Like Barc, he left us too soon. But, I'm glad he was around to help celebrate The Blues' Stanley Cup victory. My condolences to his friends and family.

This hits home with me, as Bobby was only a few years older than I am. I'm only working half-time, and mostly hanging out with my family and friends (mostly online), but determined to enjoy my time with them while we're still around.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:25 pm... This hits home with me, as Bobby was only a few years older than I am. I'm only working half-time, and mostly hanging out with my family and friends (mostly online), but determined to enjoy my time with them while we're still around.
Stay off Hwy. 40/I-64, and you'll increase your odds of that enjoyment.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:25 pm I had the pleasure of meeting him and Barc during the late '60s and first couple years of The '70s, when they came to Chicago Stadium for games. I always talked to Blues' players before games. I even met Billy, as well. He was a nice guy, and funny, too. Like Barc, he left us too soon. But, I'm glad he was around to help celebrate The Blues' Stanley Cup victory. My condolences to his friends and family.

This hits home with me, as Bobby was only a few years older than I am. I'm only working half-time, and mostly hanging out with my family and friends (mostly online), but determined to enjoy my time with them while we're still around.
Glad to have you still with us Robb... If it wasn't for you, I'd be the second oldest guy on this forum next to JMC.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:30 pm
Robb_K wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:25 pm... This hits home with me, as Bobby was only a few years older than I am. I'm only working half-time, and mostly hanging out with my family and friends (mostly online), but determined to enjoy my time with them while we're still around.
Stay off Hwy. 40/I-64, and you'll increase your odds of that enjoyment.
I haven't been on I-40 since about 1970. I've never heard of I-64. It probably didn't exist the last time I was near anywhere it goes. :D