Re: GDT: St. louis Blues @ Vegas - 3/22 9:00

The Blues need to hold the puck a little more until they can make a safer pass. They need to jump on opportunities to clear themselves to be able to skate more with the puck. They are making bad passes, and getting rattled when facing a little pressure. They need to bear down and be stronger on the puck, and not just flip it away to no one, praying that a Blue will be there.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:18 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm I’m diggin’ what I see from Walman.
I am, too. He's skating like a smooth rocket, and has made a few hard, and accurate blasts from the point, made some great passes, and he's even playing a physical game at choice times. He's looking like he can stick (finally - after all these years of expecting that and being disappointed). And it couldn't have come at a better time for The Blues.
He's going to enjoy Seattle I'm sure
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:35 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:05 am Sometimes I think we’re going to get it all together and make our run, and then sometimes I don’t.
There is no run coming from this team...maybe in a couple of years.
Yeah, I'm banking on Army reconstructing the team. 4 UFA's, cap space will open up for him to maneuver. I wonder if he will reconstruct the defense. I'm thinking that has to be a top priority or at least among them. Finding another Bouwmeester won't be easy.

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:05 am Sometimes I think we’re going to get it all together and make our run, and then sometimes I don’t.
Yup, this isn't the year.
-Middle of the pack scoring, which is actually fine for this club historically, but not when...
-D is injured and getting knocked around every night
-Goaltending is bad

All of this happening while they've played an easier schedule so far and are looking at murderers row to finish the season. In the offseason I think we see some moves to rebuild the backend. We've seen clearly now that Petro+Paryako+bad Faulk is far superior to Krug+Good Faulk+Zombie Parayko. They need a more stout back end. Hopefully that helps return Binnington to form, because he's having a rough year, and hasn't looked great since maybe the end of December 2019. There are two things that can help this team return to form without any major roster changes: A truly healthy Parayko, and a return to form, or close to it, for Binnington. As currently constructed, this is a bubble team without either of those things, a not dangerous playoff team with 1 of those things, and a contender with both. Going to be an interesting offseason.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 am
Yup, this isn't the year.
-Middle of the pack scoring, which is actually fine for this club historically, but not when...
-D is injured and getting knocked around every night
-Goaltending is bad

All of this happening while they've played an easier schedule so far and are looking at murderers row to finish the season. In the offseason I think we see some moves to rebuild the backend. We've seen clearly now that Petro+Paryako+bad Faulk is far superior to Krug+Good Faulk+Zombie Parayko. They need a more stout back end. Hopefully that helps return Binnington to form, because he's having a rough year, and hasn't looked great since maybe the end of December 2019. There are two things that can help this team return to form without any major roster changes: A truly healthy Parayko, and a return to form, or close to it, for Binnington. As currently constructed, this is a bubble team without either of those things, a not dangerous playoff team with 1 of those things, and a contender with both. Going to be an interesting offseason.
This team has zero transition game from the back end...which is a major blow considering they had the best one in the NHL two years ago. Replacing Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester was never going to be easy....especially with the cap pinch they were under this season. Tarasenko is a shell of his 30 goal self. Schwartz...is Schwartz. Losing Pat Maroon took all of the teams swagger...and Binnington looks like he lost weight.

Honestly this team looks pretty good when you consider the injuries and turn over in personnel. Imagine if the Wings lost Fetisov and Lidstrom after their Cup in '97...do they win again in '98...not a chance in HELL.

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:28 am
Yeah, I'm banking on Army reconstructing the team. 4 UFA's, cap space will open up for him to maneuver. I wonder if he will reconstruct the defense. I'm thinking that has to be a top priority or at least among them. Finding another Bouwmeester won't be easy.
I'm happy the injuries are coming before the big contracts are made for the most part.

When Chief took over from Hitch, he put together four lines and three pairs, and pretty much didn't fuck with them. If someone got hurt, he just plugged in a replacement an moved on.....since then, he hasn't been able to do that due to the massive amount of injuries on both sides of the puck. This shit we are watching is like Hitch-Hockey 2.0 , only this is out of necessity, and not playing mind games with the players.
Playing without a Maroon, or Reavoes definitely makes them play smaller.
One of Krug or Dunn has to go IMO... you can't hide two of those kind of guys on the same defense. Army needs to find a bruiser or two, this defense is waaay too soft.
If a player like Blais, who grew up with the Blues, can't motivate himself.... it's time to move on from him.
Walman is gonna take someone's job... he's legit.