Re: GDT: St. louis Blues @ Vegas - 3/22 9:00

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:17 pm
Aesa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:53 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:43 pm Whats up with Blais?
Being called a healthy scratch but it looked like he might have caught a puck in the lower leg. Appeared to be limping a bit in the 3rd.
Chief says that he's not playing with enough emotion.
Yup, Chief specifically said this is why he’s not playing. Called him out
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:31 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:17 pm
Aesa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Being called a healthy scratch but it looked like he might have caught a puck in the lower leg. Appeared to be limping a bit in the 3rd.
Chief says that he's not playing with enough emotion.
Yup, Chief specifically said this is why he’s not playing. Called him out
You always know where you stand with Chief. 👍

I don't like what I saw in the 1st. Almost the whole period The Blues were chasing the puck. It looks like they just can't skate with The Knights. I don't know if trying to be more physical with them will help, if The Blues can't skate faster to keep up with them. Their fast skating combined with great tape-to-tape passing, and sticks flying constantly around The Blues has kept the puck on their sticks and off The Blues'. The Blues need to grab some energy and skater harder and relentlessly, and get some pressure on The Knights. Otherwise they'll be so tired by the late 2nd that The Knights will blow the game wide open, and take it out of reach.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm I’m diggin’ what I see from Walman.
I am, too. He's skating like a smooth rocket, and has made a few hard, and accurate blasts from the point, made some great passes, and he's even playing a physical game at choice times. He's looking like he can stick (finally - after all these years of expecting that and being disappointed). And it couldn't have come at a better time for The Blues.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:18 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm I’m diggin’ what I see from Walman.
I am, too. He's skating like a smooth rocket, and has made a few hard, and accurate blasts from the point, made some great passes, and he's even playing a physical game at choice times. He's looking like he can stick (finally - after all these years of expecting that and being disappointed). And it couldn't have come at a better time for The Blues.
He doesn’t play like he’s afraid of screwing up.

Much better 2nd Period. In addition to Walman's surprising solid defensive play, Scandella has been defending a lot better lately. He's playing smarter, and using body leverage and his stick better, as well. He's also been taking less penalties. When Parayko returns and gets back into his groove, The Blues' defence should be a lot better than early this season. The puck bounces may decide this one. But, The Blues need to keep skating like they did in The 2nd, rather than how they did in The 1st.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:41 pm Much better 2nd Period. In addition to Walman's surprising solid defensive play, Scandella has been defending a lot better lately. He's playing smarter, and using body leverage and his stick better, as well. He's also been taking less penalties. When Parayko returns and gets back into his groove, The Blues' defence should be a lot better than early this season. The puck bounces may decide this one. But, The Blues need to keep skating like they did in The 2nd, rather than how they did in The 1st.
Watching 55 skate the other day was painful... I'll be surprised if he's back anytime soon.