Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Ducks - 9:00 3/1 - TV:FSMW Radio:101.1

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:14 am Sanford is now 5th on the team in goals and only two behind Kyrou. He’s well on his way to another 20 goal season. He’s been so important with all the injuries on the left side

*undertaker sitting up in his casket gif*

Also, Dakota Joshua becomes the first Blues player to score his first NHL goal with his dick
20 goal season but those 20 goals come like in only 13 games. He’s the most frustrating player in Blues history.
I'm old enough to remember when people had that exact same feeling about Perron.

Point is, he's going to have hot streaks and he's going to have cold streaks. Whichever he is in, the pendulum will swing the other way at some point. Making him the scapegoat for any thing that's ever wrong with the Blues is wrong and a waste. He's 26, hopefully the consistency comes.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:34 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:14 am Sanford is now 5th on the team in goals and only two behind Kyrou. He’s well on his way to another 20 goal season. He’s been so important with all the injuries on the left side

Also, Dakota Joshua becomes the first Blues player to score his first NHL goal with his dick
20 goal season but those 20 goals come like in only 13 games. He’s the most frustrating player in Blues history.
I'm old enough to remember when people had that exact same feeling about Perron.

Point is, he's going to have hot streaks and he's going to have cold streaks. Whichever he is in, the pendulum will swing the other way at some point. Making him the scapegoat for any thing that's ever wrong with the Blues is wrong and a waste. He's 26, hopefully the consistency comes.
He’s got great hands...always been his best asset. I just don’t think we will ever see consistency with him. He always needs something to light the fire.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Was trying to think of someone else, but I really can't. Reason Sanford is a candidate for this honor is strictly on management. Dude gets playing time no matter what. Fuck'n Rod Brind A' Mour gets shot out of a cannon to Philadelphia because Sutter didn't think the kid gave enough and yet this guy is in the lineup no matter what. That's what's frustrating. 2 goals last night buys Sandy another 20 free games.

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:22 pm

Was trying to think of someone else, but I really can't. Reason Sanford is a candidate for this honor is strictly on management. Dude gets playing time no matter what. Fuck'n Rod Brind A' Mour gets shot out of a cannon to Philadelphia because Sutter didn't think the kid gave enough and yet this guy is in the lineup no matter what. That's what's frustrating. 2 goals last night buys Sandy another 20 free games.
Once more with feeling...they literally have no one else to play!!!! I'm not making a comment for or against Sanford, but he's healthy and a natural left wing. Those two traits alone guarantee him a top 9 role until the team heals. Sanford is inconsistent, but he's far from the first inconsistent winger in Blues history, he's just the tallest and most recent.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Yes Sanford has to play right now...that’s a no brainer. If he’s not scoring he does some other things well enough that Chief finds him dependable. My frustration with him is that he clearly has talent...no doubt about it. I don’t question that at all. He should be a 20 goal guy in a bad year but he realistically could score 30. I just want to see more passion out of him and I don’t want it to come because Chief yelled at him or Bortuzzo kicked his ass. I want him to take the lead.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:39 pmYes Sanford has to play right now...that’s a no brainer. If he’s not scoring he does some other things well enough that Chief finds him dependable. My frustration with him is that he clearly has talent...no doubt about it. I don’t question that at all. He should be a 20 goal guy in a bad year but he realistically could score 30. I just want to see more passion out of him and I don’t want it to come because Chief yelled at him or Bortuzzo kicked his ass. I want him to take the lead.
Yes, Dad.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:52 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 am20 goal season but those 20 goals come like in only 13 games. He’s the most frustrating player in Blues history.
Wayne Gretzky. *mic drop*
You mean the guy that was over a point per game in the regular season despite suffering a concussion along the way,, and then lead the team in playoff scoring?

Gretzky's Blues legacy in STL was ruined by Gary Thorne overstating his possession of the puck, and ir course Jon Casey not being able to stop a shot from 80 feet away.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Didn't get to watch the game until tonight. A couple of observations...

Huso is starting to remind me of Allen the way he seems to be good for at least one softy a night. Unlike Allen, he seems to come back strong afterwards, but still.

Also, I don't mind the whole drop pass on the PP so much when it is played as an option read like Dunn did in the 3rd. He got the D to nibble and made a good move. It also seems more viable when Kyrou is the one bringing into the zone. He has some "pretty sick mitts "

I agree that Sanford is a really frustrating player. But, I still have him behind Chris Stewart for the (my) most frustrating Blue of all time.

Rivermanfan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:32 pm Didn't get to watch the game until tonight. A couple of observations...

Huso is starting to remind me of Allen the way he seems to be good for at least one softy a night. Unlike Allen, he seems to come back strong afterwards, but still.

Also, I don't mind the whole drop pass on the PP so much when it is played as an option read like Dunn did in the 3rd. He got the D to nibble and made a good move. It also seems more viable when Kyrou is the one bringing into the zone. He has some "pretty sick mitts "
Agree with a lot of this. Husso's mental toughness is right in line with JB50. He clearly doesn't dwell on early soft goals and fall apart. He bounces back quickly which is important for not only a young goalie but a backup.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Robb_K wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:59 pm

I agree that Sanford is a really frustrating player. But, I still have him behind Chris Stewart for the (my) most frustrating Blue of all time.
Yesh, Stewart is a lock for that award. The way he killed us when he was with Colorado, I thpught he was going to do great things here. What a dog.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:08 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:52 pm Brad Boyes was exactly who he was entire career except for that one season he scored 40. If he never did that we wouldn’t even think much of the guy.

Only topped by Soupy Campbell as wild flash in the pans
He had four twenty plus goal seasons and was wildly inconsistent the rest of the time.
Compounded by being one of the softest players in the league.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:34 am

The difference with Perron, imo, was that in his early years, he made a lot of mistakes trying to do too much, or from being frustrated.

barnburner wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Yesh, Stewart is a lock for that award. The way he killed us when he was with Colorado, I thpught he was going to do great things here. What a dog.
On further consideration I've got to go with Stewart too.

All the tools he had and... Bleh.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:38 am
barnburner wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 pm
On further consideration I've got to go with Stewart too.

All the tools he had and... Bleh.
He fooled a lot of people. I recall reading that one of the Colorado players (Dont remember who) said that he really expected Stewart to wear the C at some point. Maybe they had another Stewart??? :) :)