Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Ducks - 9:00 3/1 - TV:FSMW Radio:101.1

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:23 am I don't have many thoughts on this game right now other than the Ducks are clearly the bottom feeder of this division and these are games where you have to win.

Start Husso in net and JB50 on the 4th line grinder role.
Coming into the season I thought Anaheim was the most likely of bottom 4 teams in this division to surprise and steal a playoff spot. They'd just need Gibson to play like he did 2 years ago and the youth to develop. Turns out to win games you need to score a few goals once in a while, which I forgot to factor into things. You live, you learn.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:15 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:23 am I don't have many thoughts on this game right now other than the Ducks are clearly the bottom feeder of this division and these are games where you have to win.

Coming into the season I thought Anaheim was the most likely of bottom 4 teams in this division to surprise and steal a playoff spot. They'd just need Gibson to play like he did 2 years ago and the youth to develop. Turns out to win games you need to score a few goals once in a while, which I forgot to factor into things. You live, you learn.
Some of their kids aren't progressing like Steel and Jones. Got to hit on those draft picks. Ottawa looks like they have................

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:35 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:15 am

Some of their kids aren't progressing like Steel and Jones. Got to hit on those draft picks. Ottawa looks like they have................
Well Anaheim hasn't been drafting nearly as high as Ottawa until the last 2 years. Tough to find sure things when you pick in the mid 20s every year. Zegras just got called up after looking great since his draft day and at WJC. But to your point, they haven't hit on much outside the first round in a long time.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:32 pm
I generally don't trust people that have two first names instead of a first name and a last name. In this case we have a guy with a first name for a last name and a sort of last name for a first name. I might need a ruling on this.
Holy Cow...............is he from the North or South?...................didn't know we had this guy...................this is news :shock: