Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:06 pmJR article said people expect the AAV to be between $5.5 and 6.5 depending on term. We'll see how it goes.
I would be reluctant to give any goalie more than 4 years, but if we bring him back for 5 years at $6M AAV I won't be upset. Unless he takes us all the way again, I would rather see what it would take to get a guy like Andersen on a 2-3 year deal before I went all in for 5-6 years and north of $7M on Binnington. What he needs to do is just put this team on his back and take it all the way again this season so we can let him hold us hostage. That wouldn't suck.

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:29 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:07 pm So this sounds...I don't know, not good:
Like it took Rutherford to tell us what anybody with 30/50 vision could see.
Him saying he's hurt isn't the story. Everyone has been saying thatall year. Him saying its something that you can't just shut him down and let heal for a while is the story, at least to me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:29 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:07 pm So this sounds...I don't know, not good:
Like it took Rutherford to tell us what anybody with 30/50 vision could see.
Him saying he's hurt isn't the story. Everyone has been saying thatall year. Him saying its something that you can't just shut him down and let heal for a while is the story, at least to me.
Didn't really read too far because its been so obvious.

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:29 pmLike it took Rutherford to tell us what anybody with 30/50 vision could see.
Is the answer: "Colt is in love"?

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:29 pmLike it took Rutherford to tell us what anybody with 30/50 vision could see.

Anyone watching the NBC pregame right now? They played a sound clip of last nights Avs/Vegas game and on the MacKinnon goal, once he picked up the puck around center ice and headed down RW, they flip over to Petro and Petro goes “oh boy”. So MacKinnon goes on to shoot that puck thru Petro and score :lol:

BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:22 pm Anyone watching the NBC pregame right now? They played a sound clip of last nights Avs/Vegas game and on the MacKinnon goal, once he picked up the puck around center ice and headed down RW, they flip over to Petro and Petro goes “oh boy”. So MacKinnon goes on to shoot that puck thru Petro and score :lol:
Petro played that poorly......backed in too far, didn’t close the gap, and he does nothing with his stick to disrupt MacKinnon. I mean MacKinnon is not the kind of guy you want to step up and try to stop at the blue line, especially when he has a head of steam like that, but a guy making $8.8 mil per year needs to play that better than Petro did.

Matangama wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:10 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:22 pm Anyone watching the NBC pregame right now? They played a sound clip of last nights Avs/Vegas game and on the MacKinnon goal, once he picked up the puck around center ice and headed down RW, they flip over to Petro and Petro goes “oh boy”. So MacKinnon goes on to shoot that puck thru Petro and score :lol:
Petro played that poorly......backed in too far, didn’t close the gap, and he does nothing with his stick to disrupt MacKinnon. I mean MacKinnon is not the kind of guy you want to step up and try to stop at the blue line, especially when he has a head of steam like that, but a guy making $8.8 mil per year needs to play that better than Petro did.
Yeah, I felt he played him too soft too. Like you said, doesn’t use his stick wisely or try to take the body or force him wide...... nothing.

Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 am
ratonmono wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:30 am In my day we'd solve a back problem with a handful of percocets, a few dozen somas, and some Crown Royal to wash it down. In fact that's how I solved every problem.
That’s how I get thru most work days at this point!
Makes conference calls bearable. If I can just remember to keep my pants on during Zooms I'm golden.