Re: News and Games around the NHL

I will always like and respect Stewy....I always remember him for that night in Detroit when he beat the shit out of Brad Stuart which to me is one of the greatest moments in Blue note history. I know his story well...there is no doubt that he grew up very different than most NHL players and I think that played a part in who he was on the ice and also why he just could never put it all together. He had world class talent...he should have been one of the best power forwards to ever play the game...we all saw that potential but he held himself back for sure and that's totally on him but I do think his environment prevented us from getting that version of Stewy.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:54 pm Nowhere in this article does anyone mention the millions of dollars and opportunities hockey afforded Chris Stewart....even all the way down to how his bad attitude lead him off the ice and into a sweet ass job.

https://sports.yahoo.com/flyers-player- ... 31334.html
Given that the article is about how he's trying to encourage underprivilged kids to play, it's pretty well implied that hockey was great to him in terms of money and opportunity.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Having to play the same team 7 times in a row was not the worst thing to happen to the Coyotes this season:

Their response to this article wasn't to ignore it or say any part of it was untrue, it was basically "HEY STOP BEING MEAN TO US!"
Old friend Bill Armstrong walked into a hornets nest, and definitely made things worse for himself in this piece. Yikes!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:47 pm Having to play the same team 7 times in a row was not the worst thing to happen to the Coyotes this season:

Their response to this article wasn't to ignore it or say any part of it was untrue, it was basically "HEY STOP BEING MEAN TO US!"
Old friend Bill Armstrong walked into a hornets nest, and definitely made things worse for himself in this piece. Yikes!
Details, details my good man. What's the gist of the article?

BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:47 pm Having to play the same team 7 times in a row was not the worst thing to happen to the Coyotes this season:

Just loads of dysfunction in the organization before and after Armstrongs arrival. Article paints a picture of an owner that thinks you run an NHL team the same way you run a pizza shop, they try to skip out what they owe any vendors, threatening legal action until contracts are renegotiated at lower cost. The ownership's cheapness was apparently so great that they wouldn't pop for pizza for the team during an overtime game in the play-in round in the Edmonton bubble. For his part, Armstrong was pissed that some internal emails and information leaked out to the reporter (Katie Strang), and tried to threaten her by saying he would badmouth her to other GMs.

Lots more to it, but that's the gist. At least they have those cool purple jerseys.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:30 pm

Just loads of dysfunction in the organization before and after Armstrongs arrival. Article paints a picture of an owner that thinks you run an NHL team the same way you run a pizza shop, they try to skip out what they owe any vendors, threatening legal action until contracts are renegotiated at lower cost. The ownership's cheapness was apparently so great that they wouldn't pop for pizza for the team during an overtime game in the play-in round in the Edmonton bubble. For his part, Armstrong was pissed that some internal emails and information leaked out to the reporter (Katie Strang), and tried to threaten her by saying he would badmouth her to other GMs.

Lots more to it, but that's the gist. At least they have those cool purple jerseys.
I'm not too impressed with that (in bold). Katie Strang is a legit reporter.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:28 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:30 pm

I'm not too impressed with that (in bold). Katie Strang is a legit reporter.
Yeah, being mad about an investigative reporter investigating is dumb. His anger should be directed at the staff member that leaked an email, the contents of which were about not leaking information.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:18 pm Speaking of Buffalo, Taylor Hall who for some reason decided to sign a one year deal there has ONE goal on the season
Supposedly Colorado also offered him a one year deal. Everybody knows when you sign a one year, bet on yourself contract, you should always do it with a historically incompetant franchise with a brand new GM instead of a Cup contender with a super high powered offense.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:27 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:18 pm Speaking of Buffalo, Taylor Hall who for some reason decided to sign a one year deal there has ONE goal on the season
The dysfunction of certain NHL teams fascinates me.

Buffalo is near the top of that list.
He escaped Edmonton only to go back to the same situation willfully. He’s a masochist.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:53 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:27 pm
The dysfunction of certain NHL teams fascinates me.

Buffalo is near the top of that list.
He escaped Edmonton only to go back to the same situation willfully. He’s a masochist.
He's got to be a sub in the BDSM fetish culture. 😆