Re: GDT: Game 7 - 3:00 2/15

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 pm Hey look, lines!

If the Hoffman-Schenn-Kyrou line continues to look strong, I wonder where Schwartz goes when he gets back.
I was wondering that myself.... Vova's skating and traveling with the team.... sooner or later Bozak comes back..Schwartz has UFA status next year... I'm thinking he may have one foot out the door.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:57 pm

If the Hoffman-Schenn-Kyrou line continues to look strong, I wonder where Schwartz goes when he gets back.
I was wondering that myself.... Vova's skating and traveling with the team.... sooner or later Bozak comes back..Schwartz has UFA status next year... I'm thinking he may have one foot out the door.
Army loves Schwartz

If they both come back at the same time, maybe they both end up on L3. Tarasenko is best with a playmaker, and Schwartz has certainly set him up plenty in the past. Long term, I don't know. Hoffman is up too, and you figure both will be looking for some long term security. One is going to have to go unless there's another shakeup we don't see given that the cap won't be changing much. Going to be an interesting offseason. Lots of RFAs too, including Kyrou.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

O'Reilly given 2 minutes for being tackled. Captain should know better than to...uh...get tackled on his way to a loose puck?

Also Garland is a little shit. If the Blues get a comfy lead (or behind by a lot), I bet he gets popped this afternoon.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:19 pm

If they both come back at the same time, maybe they both end up on L3. Tarasenko is best with a playmaker, and Schwartz has certainly set him up plenty in the past. Long term, I don't know. Hoffman is up too, and you figure both will be looking for some long term security. One is going to have to go unless there's another shakeup we don't see given that the cap won't be changing much. Going to be an interesting offseason. Lots of RFAs too, including Kyrou.
Hoffman signed here as a strpping stone for a big contract next season. Never know what Army will do, but my guess is Huffman gets a better offer elsewhere next year.

barnburner wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:46 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:19 pm

Hoffman signed here as a strpping stone for a big contract next season. Never know what Army will do, but my guess is Huffman gets a better offer elsewhere next year.
Yeah, potential is high for this being a one year relationship, but we'll see. Lots to do next offseason. UFAs are slated to be Schwartz, Hoffman, Gunnarsson, Binnington and Bozak. They'll also lose somebody in the expansion draft. The RFAs include Kyrou and Dunn (assuming he's still here). There are going to be a lot of moving parts in a flat cap world this offseason.

I didn't think it was as bad a game as the score indicates. The pace was good, the Blues got their chances, but Kepner was, once again, up to the task. The shots from the outside were getting through, and we did a decent job on the rebounds, we just couldn't solve the goalie.

One thing that was mentioned in the broadcast was the fact that the Blues were dead last in the NHL in deflected shots, something like 3.5%. The league leader is more like 30%, so something is missing there for sure. We've got the guys to blast away from the point, the guys in front need to do a better job of getting their sticks down.