Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:24 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:38 pm When Simmonds isn't throwing his hands, he can do this with them:

What a freaking finish! I think Toronto is the perfect spot for him, and he's just what they've needed the last few years.
Yeah, he looked done didn’t he? Looks good so far in Toronto.
Yeah I thought he was cooked this off-season. Turns out playing for the Leafs makes you look a lot better than last year's versions of NJ and Buffalo.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Hated player from hated rival takes over as GM and old guy that loves truculance take of Penguins. Most entertaining front office in the league now...and probably also good at building a hockey team. Bigass job in front of them. Wonder if they tear it down or stay the course.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:39 pm
Hated player from hated rival takes over as GM and old guy that loves truculance take of Penguins. Most entertaining front office in the league now...and probably also good at building a hockey team. Bigass job in front of them. Wonder if they tear it down or stay the course.
Oh wow. Didn't see this coming. On one hand Hextall is perfect for a rebuild, on the other hand Burke always wants a quick fix. Best of both worlds or worst possibly...

BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:00 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:24 pm Never a dull moment in C-bus.
I like Torts but it's time for Kek to fire his ass. Maybe Laine didn't hustle on that play but deal with it. You can't expect every player on your team to play like Bob Bassen.
Wow, there is a blast from the past. One of my all time favorite Blues. Always left everything on the ice. It was fun watching the few games that he got to play here with his brother Mark.

I'll always love Ron Hextall for taking Jori Lehtera off our hands. But that just seems like an odd couple to say the least.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:00 pm
I'll always love Ron Hextall for taking Jori Lehtera off our hands. But that just seems like an odd couple to say the least.
Whoever took that job has a lot of cards stacked against them between lack of prospects, aging stars, and salary cap hell. At least those two won't be flustered by it whatsoever. I think a first time GM would've gotten eaten alive.

BillP. wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:09 am Anyone think maybe this is Toronto’s year? 11-2-1

They’re starting to earn my respect a little.
The entire division is dogshit besides Toronto and Montreal. It's good that they're beating the garbage of the division, but while fun to watch, the North is probably the worst overall division by a pretty large margin.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:48 am It's not the top of that division that's most interesting to me, it's the fact that the Canucks have looked absolutely dreadful. Braden Holtby may be washed at 31. Honestly, they would've been MUCH better off trading for Jake Allen who looks like the best backup in hockey.
Holtby was such a terrible choice. He looked atrocious last year too. Markstrom, Tanev and Tofolli are competing directly against the Canucks, and Vancouver either didn't replace those guys at all, or just replaced them with clearly inferior players. On top of all that they guys that are left are just playing like garbage. Quinn Hughes has 17 points in 16 games, but somehow is -13. They're going to have to give Hughes and Pettersson big raises next year, but still have a good amount of bad contracts on the books. It's not a great time to be a Canucks fan.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:21 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:48 am It's not the top of that division that's most interesting to me, it's the fact that the Canucks have looked absolutely dreadful. Braden Holtby may be washed at 31. Honestly, they would've been MUCH better off trading for Jake Allen who looks like the best backup in hockey.
Holtby was such a terrible choice. He looked atrocious last year too. Markstrom, Tanev and Tofolli are competing directly against the Canucks, and Vancouver either didn't replace those guys at all, or just replaced them with clearly inferior players. On top of all that they guys that are left are just playing like garbage. Quinn Hughes has 17 points in 16 games, but somehow is -13. They're going to have to give Hughes and Pettersson big raises next year, but still have a good amount of bad contracts on the books. It's not a great time to be a Canucks fan.
Couldn't happen to a more fitting team. Their fanbase is the worst.