Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Arizona again - 2:00pm 2/6 - TV:FSMW

I had a family matter, and so, couldn't watch the game live. So, I watched it after it was over, without having seen the score ahead of time. It seems that The Blues are just not skating hard or well enough to keep up with the speedy Coyotes. They also can't seem to move the puck up ice into the O-Zone consistently, which compounds the problems of making themselves more tired, by having to defend a lot more than The Coyotes. And that also leads to additional penalties, which further tires them out and gets them further behind in the scoring, which leads to them having to take more chances to try to create more offence. I don't know if the problem is lack of energy due to fighting off illness, lack of coordination in their game from integrating the new players and players returning from illness or injury, combined with lack of motivation from a few forwards to get back and help out with defence.

Then, of course, there is their inability to score on the power play. They are shooting too much from way out by The Blue Line, with no movement by teammates down deep, near the crease, and no formation of screens. They need both their shooters and non-shooters to penetrate deeper before letting the shot go, and have teammates in place to jump on rebounds, and set screens. They have thrown away the fundamentals. The puck movement is mostly just back towards The Blue Line, where they end up taking a worthless, no-chance, sure loss of possession shot.

Robb_K wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:16 am I had a family matter, and so, couldn't watch the game live. So, I watched it after it was over, without having seen the score ahead of time. It seems that The Blues are just not skating hard or well enough to keep up with the speedy Coyotes. They also can't seem to move the puck up ice into the O-Zone consistently, which compounds the problems of making themselves more tired, by having to defend a lot more than The Coyotes. And that also leads to additional penalties, which further tires them out and gets them further behind in the scoring, which leads to them having to take more chances to try to create more offence. I don't know if the problem is lack of energy due to fighting off illness, lack of coordination in their game from integrating the new players and players returning from illness or injury, combined with lack of motivation from a few forwards to get back and help out with defence.

Then, of course, there is their inability to score on the power play. They are shooting too much from way out by The Blue Line, with no movement by teammates down deep, near the crease, and no formation of screens. They need both their shooters and non-shooters to penetrate deeper before letting the shot go, and have teammates in place to jump on rebounds, and set screens. They have thrown away the fundamentals. The puck movement is mostly just back towards The Blue Line, where they end up taking a worthless, no-chance, sure loss of possession shot.
You think the Blues miss Maroon?

The Blues went from a fast d-transition team with Jay-Bo and Peterangelo....to a group looking for an identity. Parayko is injured or recovering from an opiate addiction...he does not seem himself. Vince Dunn doesn't seem to be on the same page with anyone. Faulk has emerged into the player he is capable of being...still not the puck moving defensemen the team desperately needs. Krug is great and terrible...he is adjusting, still don't seem him as the answer.

BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:44 am
Robb_K wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:16 am I had a family matter, and so, couldn't watch the game live. So, I watched it after it was over, without having seen the score ahead of time. It seems that The Blues are just not skating hard or well enough to keep up with the speedy Coyotes. They also can't seem to move the puck up ice into the O-Zone consistently, which compounds the problems of making themselves more tired, by having to defend a lot more than The Coyotes. And that also leads to additional penalties, which further tires them out and gets them further behind in the scoring, which leads to them having to take more chances to try to create more offence. I don't know if the problem is lack of energy due to fighting off illness, lack of coordination in their game from integrating the new players and players returning from illness or injury, combined with lack of motivation from a few forwards to get back and help out with defence.

You think the Blues miss Maroon?
yes.