Re: Serotonin for the masses

It's telling that the new third line is filled with regulars while the second D pairing is probably using Gunnar as a placeholder. Sundqvist is kind of like what Steen turned into towards the end of his career (but not last year). That guy with versatility that can get whatever line he's playing on to play the right way, then pop back down to the 4th line if everyone else is clicking.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Blais is worthless. He needs to go. This will at least light a fire under Sanfords ass and he will respond.
If they are still serious about trading Dunn. Brandon Tanev is the play at least for me.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:48 am Blais is worthless. He needs to go. This will at least light a fire under Sanfords ass and he will respond.
If they are still serious about trading Dunn. Brandon Tanev is the play at least for me.
Blais looked like a gem for a while, but a lot of the time he just looks like a 5th rounder.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:48 am Blais is worthless. He needs to go. This will at least light a fire under Sanfords ass and he will respond.
Hopefully. He reminds me a lot of Perron in his first go around with the Blues. Would be very good for 20 games and then would go 20 games as a complete ghost. It was maddening the inconsistency. I don't think Sanford will ever have the upside that Perron has lived up to once he turned 30 but I'm hoping as he ages and matures, he's still only 26, he finds a bit more consistency.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:00 pm
Blais looked like a gem for a while, but a lot of the time he just looks like a 5th rounder.
The problem with Blais is that he doesn't have enough talent at the NHL level to make up for boneheaded penalties.

So... i guess that means none of you guys want to trade for Sanford in fantasy huh?
Seriously, though, thank god. I hate watching him out there. But, TBH, I don't think Barby has looked any better. Maybe moving up a line will kind of rejuvenate him, but he looks like he is just going through the motions too.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:13 pm So... i guess that means none of you guys want to trade for Sanford in fantasy huh?
Seriously, though, thank god. I hate watching him out there. But, TBH, I don't think Barby has looked any better. Maybe moving up a line will kind of rejuvenate him, but he looks like he is just going through the motions too.
I agree with you. Barbashev has offensive skill and it must suck having to play a certain role every game. When Steen was on the fourth line and relatively healthy they were an offensive threat. Now, not so much.

BillP. wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:44 pm Sanford sucks, end of story. Even if he gets motivated to play, it lasts a week and he’s the same shit head again. Problem is, a week of good play by him buys him 2 months of free play, and that shits gotta stop.
I hear ya. He must have dirt on someone. He’s been getting a pass for way too long.

stlsportster wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:02 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:44 pm Sanford sucks, end of story. Even if he gets motivated to play, it lasts a week and he’s the same shit head again. Problem is, a week of good play by him buys him 2 months of free play, and that shits gotta stop.
I hear ya. He must have dirt on someone. He’s been getting a pass for way too long.
He's a 6'4 26 year old who was going to score 20 goals last season before covid shut it down. He was also strong in the Stanley Cup run. That's not dirt, that's production.

The dudes shown he doesn't "suck" and can play in this league. The problem is, he's also shown he's prone to some terrible stretches.

Consistency and motivation are his issues, not talent.
Just a Russian propaganda account

If he's a Kracken next season, I'm good with that. If he's a Blue next year, I'm good with that. His injury in college set him back a year. He's not the only one sucking this year... sorry if that doesn't fit the narrative, but there are some big-money players on this team, playing with their heads up their asses this year. Hanging the goat collar in him isn't quite fair. The big-bucks guys on the Blues shouldn't feel too good about this.... it's more about them than it is Sanford.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:19 pm
He's a 6'4 26 year old who was going to score 20 goals last season before covid shut it down. He was also strong in the Stanley Cup run. That's not dirt, that's production.

The dudes shown he doesn't "suck" and can play in this league. The problem is, he's also shown he's prone to some terrible stretches.

Sanford has some skills, but he is also annoying and has too many turnovers. Berube is putting him in a spot to succeed and he is gliding around the ice like three legged flamingo.

Agree. In Chief we trust to rattle his cage and get him motivated again. Not easy to find guys who gave his production late last year.

I was referring to his stretches of inconsistency, not his lack of talent. I know he can be a player......... when he wants to be.

Kinda reminds me of Bergy.

stlsportster wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:16 pm

I was referring to his stretches of inconsistency, not his lack of talent. I know he can be a player......... when he wants to be.

Kinda reminds me of Bergy.
A poor man's Patrik Berglund. 😄