Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:09 am The Sabres-Islanders game today has been postponed. Buffalo played NJ this weekend after a couple NJ players that had been added to the COVID protocol list (though not for positive test) on Friday were allowed to play Saturday. Now Buffalo has presumed positive tests. They're pissed.

I'm not saying they don't finish the season, but with all these postponements, I really wonder how many teams actually end up playing 56 games.
They were talking about that during the Blues post-game. They think 48 games will be suffice and if the playoff seedings are basically set, teams with less games will be allowed to slide in with less games. It's not official, but that's what this one guys take was. didn't get the name

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:50 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:30 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:28 pm
Yeah those games are getting cancelled this weekend. Enjoy tonight's game everyone! We're not seeing another for a while.
Yep. Beginning to look that way.
I believe they are just close contact guys and not actual positive test. If that's the case, that's what the taxi squad is for. Advantage Blues
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:17 am Damn good hockey fight. Always loved Wayne's game.

That Canadian division is fun. Teams have slipped into pretty defined roles (for now):
Very good hockey teams (MTL, TOR)
Pretty good hockey team (WPG)
Not very good hockey teams (EDM, VAN, CGY)
Still terrible hockey team (OTT)

Vancouver's strong bubble performance hyped them up far more than they deserved. They lost a bunch of players this offseason (Markstrom, Toffoli, Tanev), and I heard it pointed out recently that to make matters worse, all of those guys went to other Canadian teams. Toffoli leads the league in goals, Quinn Hughes looks atrocious defensively without Tanev as his partner, and without Markstrom Vancouver's team save % is south of .900. So not only did they lose key players, but those players are playing against you significantly more than any other year. Yikes.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:55 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:17 am Damn good hockey fight. Always loved Wayne's game.

That Canadian division is fun. Teams have slipped into pretty defined roles (for now):

Vancouver's strong bubble performance hyped them up far more than they deserved. They lost a bunch of players this offseason (Markstrom, Toffoli, Tanev), and I heard it pointed out recently that to make matters worse, all of those guys went to other Canadian teams. Toffoli leads the league in goals, Quinn Hughes looks atrocious defensively without Tanev as his partner, and without Markstrom Vancouver's team save % is south of .900. So not only did they lose key players, but those players are playing against you significantly more than any other year. Yikes.
Hot take: I would actually love these divisions sticking around. Move FLA to Quebec and the Blues take Florida's spot in the central with Seattle taking our spot in the west. The North division games have been so entertaining.

Will never happen but a lad can dream.

ratonmono wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:08 pm

Hot take: I would actually love these divisions sticking around. Move FLA to Quebec and the Blues take Florida's spot in the central with Seattle taking our spot in the west. The North division games have been so entertaining.

Fans in Canada say they want it because the games are fun, but they really only want it because the current set up guarantees a Canadian team makes the final four. They've only had 2 teams make the conference final in either conference in the last 10 years (Vancouver 2011 and Winnepeg 2018).
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:08 pm

I think these divisions have been awesome.
And I actually love playing every game in our division. Every game matters so much. I don't miss a stupid Tuesday night road game against the Blue Jackets at all. I even love the back to backs against the same team.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:22 pmI think these divisions have been awesome.
And I actually love playing every game in our division. Every game matters so much. I don't miss a stupid Tuesday night road game against the Blue Jackets at all. I even love the back to backs against the same team.
Well, at least the Game Ones.