Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:39 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:23 am Yikes
Well that's gonna take at least one of the Dunn suitors away. He's a bit of a headcase so something must have happened for the Rangers to just put him on waivers.
Wouldn't be surprised if he clears. He's been terrible this year and has another year of his $4.8 cap hit after this season.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:56 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:51 pm Now there's a rumor from a Rangers blog that DeAngelo stole the puck from teammate K'Andre Miller's first goal. That would be absolutely insane if true.
That would answer who punched him
There have been loads of shitty teammates in the NHL over the years, but I've never heard of anybody doing that. IF this is true, and who knows if it really is, I'd believe it if you told me anyone else on the team decked him.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:29 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:58 pmLeon Draisaitl has 6 assist through two periods.
So he's not a finisher, eh? Trade him to Ottawa! No need for a cross-border waiver & quarantine period that way.
:lol:

First time someone has had 6 assist in a game since Lindros did it in '97. The record is 7 by the obvious choice, who did it three times.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:35 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:58 pmLeon Draisaitl has 6 assist through two periods.
So he's not a finisher, eh? Trade him to Ottawa! No need for a cross-border waiver & quarantine period that way.

First time someone has had 6 assist in a game since Lindros did it in '97. The record is 7 by the obvious choice, who did it three times.
Trade 'em ALL to Ottawa! Melnyk would break their wills to excel.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:35 am

Phillipe Bozon? :P

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:27 am DeAngelo cleared waivers. Nobody's touching him. Wonder if the Rangers buy him out.
Somebody will trade for him and now the Rangers can eat some of his salary.
He can help somebody’s PP for sure. I’d be shocked if he’s blacklisted. He should get another shot from someone. His character issues were a concern coming out of junior. I wonder if Yzerman comes calling again.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:36 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:27 am DeAngelo cleared waivers. Nobody's touching him. Wonder if the Rangers buy him out.
He can help somebody’s PP for sure. I’d be shocked if he’s blacklisted. He should get another shot from someone. His character issues were a concern coming out of junior. I wonder if Yzerman comes calling again.
Agreed, he's got far too much talent to not have someone take a crack at him. They just didn't want the salary which is why he cleared waivers. The Rangers have zero leverage in any trade talks.
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:36 am
That's all logical, but if he just nuked the locker room of an up and coming team, and these character issues are nothing new why bother? He's been awful on the ice this year as well. I'm sure there's a fit out there somewhere for him, but I don't know that it'd be anywhere where the need is worth literally any asset. If you're a contender you don't want this guy destroying chemistry, and if you're an up and coming team you don't want him either. The type of deal I see fit is a descending team flipping like a future seventh round pick for him with another asset attached, and money added. To me he's so toxic they're going to have to pay to make him go away.

The Sabres-Islanders game today has been postponed. Buffalo played NJ this weekend after a couple NJ players that had been added to the COVID protocol list (though not for positive test) on Friday were allowed to play Saturday. Now Buffalo has presumed positive tests. They're pissed.

I'm not saying they don't finish the season, but with all these postponements, I really wonder how many teams actually end up playing 56 games.