Re: Stone's hit to Bozac's head

If he didn't have a history I could see the argument based on NHL player safety precedent of a fine, which would suck. However, he had a 2 game suspension in 2015, so unless that's outside the statute of limitations or something, he's in trouble. With Bozak being injured on the play, and maaaaaybe direct contact with the head, he's going to be sitting. I don't think Vegas gets special treatment, I think EVERY suspension or suspendible act ends up being disappointingly low these days.

Unrelated, welcome to the board!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm If he didn't have a history I could see the argument based on NHL player safety precedent of a fine, which would suck. However, he had a 2 game suspension in 2015, so unless that's outside the statute of limitations or something, he's in trouble. With Bozak being injured on the play, and maaaaaybe direct contact with the head, he's going to be sitting. I don't think Vegas gets special treatment, I think EVERY suspension or suspendible act ends up being disappointingly low these days.

Thanks!

I may be looking at the replay with blue tinted glasses, but in my mind there is no question it was a deliberate cheap shot with intent to injure. I try to be objective in these situations but it's a little hard to do in this case.
Last edited by Aesa on Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:39 pm The fact that it's Bozak on the receiving end......Stone might get 2 max if that. If you are hoping for 5, I wouldn't hold my breath.
It's a Vegas player so I concede you are probably correct in the number of games he will sit, but why should the player that was injured have anything to do with the extent of the suspension? An intentional cheap shot is an intentional cheap shot, especially from a repeat offender, no matter who is on the receiving end. This was a far cry from the Blais incident and deserves a more severe ruling IMHO.

Aesa wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:49 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:39 pm The fact that it's Bozak on the receiving end......Stone might get 2 max if that. If you are hoping for 5, I wouldn't hold my breath.
It's a Vegas player so I concede you are probably correct in the number of games he will sit, but why should the player that was injured have anything to do with the extent of the suspension? An intentional cheap shot is an intentional cheap shot, especially from a repeat offender, no matter who is on the receiving end. This was a far cry from the Blais incident and deserves a more severe ruling IMHO.
It shouldn’t have anything to do with it but behind the NHL players safety door i can just hear somebody saying “yeah but it’s just Bozak” :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:57 pm
Aesa wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:49 pm
It shouldn’t have anything to do with it but behind the NHL players safety door i can just hear somebody saying “yeah but it’s just Bozak” :lol:
Yep, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Aesa wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:38 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm If he didn't have a history I could see the argument based on NHL player safety precedent of a fine, which would suck. However, he had a 2 game suspension in 2015, so unless that's outside the statute of limitations or something, he's in trouble. With Bozak being injured on the play, and maaaaaybe direct contact with the head, he's going to be sitting. I don't think Vegas gets special treatment, I think EVERY suspension or suspendible act ends up being disappointingly low these days.

Thanks!

I may be looking at the replay with blue tinted glasses, but in my mind there is no question it was a deliberate cheap shot with intent to injure. I try to be objective in these situations but it's a little hard to do in this case.
Oh I agree completely that it was dirty, he basically said in an interview afterwards that he did it on purpose...he certainly couldn't argue otherwise. I just don't think the DOPS is going to end up with a number as high as 5, though that'd be a fair number to me. He got 2 in 2015 for a hit that was much more of a hockey play, but also had more obvious head contact.

I'd be surprised if he got more than 3, but I'm bracing for next to nothing because DOPS undersuspends everything.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:31 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:19 pm They never fail to disappoint!
Just like in 'real life"... the bigger your paycheck, the weaker the punishment... or no punishment at all.
Now tell me that the NHLDPS really cares about player safety. This is complete BS!

Tomorrow's game should be very interesting. What's the over/under on how many ghost penalties the Blues take and how many of those result in suspensions of Blues players?

Aesa wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:45 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:19 pm They never fail to disappoint!
Just like in 'real life"... the bigger your paycheck, the weaker the punishment... or no punishment at all.
Now tell me that the NHLDPS really cares about player safety. This is complete BS!

Tomorrow's game should be very interesting. What's the over/under on how many ghost penalties the Blues take and how many of those result in suspensions of Blues players?
They haven't cared about player safety for years. They care about being able to defend their position based on rules and precedent...even if the rules they're talking about are void of any logic. They said Bozak's injury was because of "the awkward fall"...luckily for Stone he didn't have anything to do with Bozak's awkward fall, haha.

I might be in the minority here because we're all Blues fans, but the notion that the Blues are officiated/suspended any differently than anyone else doesn't register with me at all. I'm pretty sure there are 30 other fan bases that feel they're treated harsher than anyone else as well. I think there's probably special treatment to star players, though the NHL would never admit it. Nobody remembers the penalties/suspendable hits their team gets away with, but the remember every instance where the opposite is true.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:18 pm

They haven't cared about player safety for years. They care about being able to defend their position based on rules and precedent...even if the rules they're talking about are void of any logic. They said Bozak's injury was because of "the awkward fall"...luckily for Stone he didn't have anything to do with Bozak's awkward fall, haha.

I might be in the minority here because we're all Blues fans, but the notion that the Blues are officiated/suspended any differently than anyone else doesn't register with me at all. I'm pretty sure there are 30 other fan bases that feel they're treated harsher than anyone else as well. I think there's probably special treatment to star players, though the NHL would never admit it. Nobody remembers the penalties/suspendable hits their team gets away with, but the remember every instance where the opposite is true.
Last night Scandella got called for a cross-check.... there was no cross-check.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:31 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:18 pm

Last night Scandella got called for a cross-check.... there was no cross-check.
My argument was not that refs don't make bad calls, its that they don't make any more or less bad calls against the Blues than anyone else. You're remembering the bad call on Scandella, but not the puck over the glass penalty they got away with after the 2 so obvious they couldn't not call.

Welcome Aesa.....glad you came over!

I’m starting to worry that Chief is going to “stroke out” because of the officiating. He was diplomatic after the one game against the Sharks, but he didn’t seem too thrilled last night. Does anyone know if we keep getting the same officiating crew? I know we had the same crew in Colorado, and then they came back here and did the games against the Sharks. There sure seems to be similarities in how these games are being called.......in that they are all being called like pure shit!

T.C. wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:35 pmany clips of this incident for those of us unable to see it?
Have you considered spending the T.C. Family fortune on launching The BNF Sports Network (BNFSN)? I'd pry open my dusty wallet to become an OG subscriber if The Cap'n was Head of Programming & DPW was Creative Content Coordinator. And The Rev delivering the gameday invocations for Blues Blessings, of course.

Matangama wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:06 pm Welcome Aesa.....glad you came over!

I’m starting to worry that Chief is going to “stroke out” because of the officiating. He was diplomatic after the one game against the Sharks, but he didn’t seem too thrilled last night. Does anyone know if we keep getting the same officiating crew? I know we had the same crew in Colorado, and then they came back here and did the games against the Sharks. There sure seems to be similarities in how these games are being called.......in that they are all being called like pure shit!
Thanks Fra,,, err... Matangama :)

I'm not sure how the league is shifting the officials but I think a safe bet is that they will do as little mingling among other teams as possible. That is not to say we will have the same crew most of the time, but I think we won't see a different crew for every series, which kind of sucks. Having a less than attentive crew for many games will be a detriment to the games.