Re: News and Games around the NHL

ratonmono wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:40 pm Z on the Caps is going to look so weird.
Exactly. Still somehow his beginning with the Isles seems even weirder to me. What a poop trade that Yashin deal was. Ottawa got Spezza AND Chara (don't forget Brad Isbister though most of us did) for one of the biggest headcases to ever play.
Brad Isbister. Haven't heard that name in ages. I had him in fantasy hockey a few times and he really paid off. 😄

ratonmono wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:40 pm Z on the Caps is going to look so weird.
Exactly. Still somehow his beginning with the Isles seems even weirder to me. What a poop trade that Yashin deal was. Ottawa got Spezza AND Chara (don't forget Brad Isbister though most of us did) for one of the biggest headcases to ever play.
For Milbury that draft day trade was only slightly worse than the one from the draft the summer before in which he traded Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and a plug. In the early 2000s if you wanted to acquire a Hall of Famer or two on the cheap, all you had to do was call Milbury in late June. That guy hasn't been anything less than a dumpster fire at a job since he retired as a player.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:52 pm
For Milbury that draft day trade was only slightly worse than the one from the draft the summer before in which he traded Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen for Mark Parrish and a plug. In the early 2000s if you wanted to acquire a Hall of Famer or two on the cheap, all you had to do was call Milbury in late June. That guy hasn't been anything less than a dumpster fire at a job since he retired as a player.
Plus, let’s not forget that he is an absolute douche of a human being as well!

Matangama wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:59 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Plus, let’s not forget that he is an absolute douche of a human being as well!
Milbury's a human being? When did that happen?

ratonmono wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:07 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 pm Trivia for you since we are talking Milbury.

He traded the Blues Chris Osgood in return for what Blues prospect?
Argh, without cheating on google it was either Papineau or Corso. I can't keep our awful 90s-mid 2000s prospects straight.
How in the heck did you get that? I had to look it up. It was Papineau and a 3rd rd pick..........I always thought of Osgood as a bust here and he was only 6 games over .500, but he had a 2.24 GA here, and he only bested that in Detroit 3 times in 14 years there - ha

BillP. wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:44 am
ratonmono wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:07 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 pm Trivia for you since we are talking Milbury.

He traded the Blues Chris Osgood in return for what Blues prospect?
Argh, without cheating on google it was either Papineau or Corso. I can't keep our awful 90s-mid 2000s prospects straight.
How in the heck did you get that? I had to look it up. It was Papineau and a 3rd rd pick..........I always thought of Osgood as a bust here and he was only 6 games over .500, but he had a 2.24 GA here, and he only bested that in Detroit 3 times in 14 years there - ha
Papineau and a second round pick. That second round pick is currently head coach of the Blackhawks.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:34 am No offense to Craig Berube but what the hell was Calgary thinking?
Gilmour wanted out and felt the Flames had tampered with his arbitration case. He threatened legal action if the Flames didn’t trade him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:03 pmWell this doesn't seem ideal.
There's lots Springfields to play out of.
Only this one will be named "Utica" ... ironically reuniting the Blues with the Peoria AHL franchise that they sold to the 'Nucks several years ago.
Canucks and Blues to Share AHL Affiliate Utica Comets
by Canucks Communications @Canucks / Vancouver Canucks

January 4, 2021 | 4:36 PM

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning and St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations/General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that the Canucks and Blues will share the Utica Comets as an American Hockey League affiliate during the 2020-21 season.

The partnership was created after the Blues' AHL affiliate Springfield Thunderbirds opted out of the 2021 season due to the pandemic. The Canucks and Blues will each be responsible for filling roster spots on the Utica Comets. Team and business operations for the Utica Comets will continue as in past years, including Robert Esche serving as President, Ryan Johnson as General Manager and Trent Cull as Head Coach. ...

"Due to the unique circumstances, we are pleased to partner with Vancouver and Utica for the upcoming 2020-21 season," said Blues President of Hockey Operations/General Manager Doug Armstrong. "We trust that our players will be in good hands with the direction and leadership of the Canucks, Comets and especially Robert, Ryan and Trent." ...

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:23 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:03 pmWell this doesn't seem ideal.
There's lots Springfields to play out of.
Only this one will be named "Utica" ... ironically reuniting the Blues with the Peoria AHL franchise that they sold to the 'Nucks several years ago.
Canucks and Blues to Share AHL Affiliate Utica Comets
by Canucks Communications @Canucks / Vancouver Canucks

January 4, 2021 | 4:36 PM

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning and St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations/General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that the Canucks and Blues will share the Utica Comets as an American Hockey League affiliate during the 2020-21 season.

The partnership was created after the Blues' AHL affiliate Springfield Thunderbirds opted out of the 2021 season due to the pandemic. The Canucks and Blues will each be responsible for filling roster spots on the Utica Comets. Team and business operations for the Utica Comets will continue as in past years, including Robert Esche serving as President, Ryan Johnson as General Manager and Trent Cull as Head Coach. ...

"Due to the unique circumstances, we are pleased to partner with Vancouver and Utica for the upcoming 2020-21 season," said Blues President of Hockey Operations/General Manager Doug Armstrong. "We trust that our players will be in good hands with the direction and leadership of the Canucks, Comets and especially Robert, Ryan and Trent." ...
wild but not unexpected. is that THE ryan johnson that's GM there?

edit: yes, it is - i looked it up. i bet their penalty kill is fucking aggressive. man i hated when we lost RJ. he was a selfless machine on the PK.