Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:37 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:32 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 pm Fuck this guy...every piece of art is not an act of racism....even if it is influenced by indigenous people.

I'm all for changing names/logos as appropriate, but has there even been an outcry over the orca? I don't have any familiarity with it, to the point that I didn't even know the logo had anything to do with any indigenous tribe. I just thought it was the logo because orcas are terrifying killing machines, haha.
It’s the Orca’s that are complaining :)
If it's the orcas that are complaining, I change the name ASAP. You piss them off any you're going to end up a chew toy.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

So with the Blues officially in the Western division, but with Minnesota in place of Dallas, I don't think it changes much in terms if competitiveness. Dallas is probably a bit better than Minnesota, but I think the Wild will be improved this year, and are the 4th seed in that division when all is said and done. Start times notwithstanding, it'll be fun to see a few different teams more often for one odd season.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:22 am So with the Blues officially in the Western division, but with Minnesota in place of Dallas, I don't think it changes much in terms if competitiveness. Dallas is probably a bit better than Minnesota, but I think the Wild will be improved this year, and are the 4th seed in that division when all is said and done. Start times notwithstanding, it'll be fun to see a few different teams more often for one odd season.
The west teams tend to play a bigger more physical brand of hockey which is right up the Blues alley.

Top 4 teams from each division will make the playoffs and of the teams out west, I don't think the Blues will have a hard time doing that.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:22 am So with the Blues officially in the Western division, but with Minnesota in place of Dallas, I don't think it changes much in terms if competitiveness. Dallas is probably a bit better than Minnesota, but I think the Wild will be improved this year, and are the 4th seed in that division when all is said and done. Start times notwithstanding, it'll be fun to see a few different teams more often for one odd season.
The West and Central, the 2 easier divisions. The other 2 much more competitive to get a top 4 spot.

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:00 pm
The West and Central, the 2 easier divisions. The other 2 much more competitive to get a top 4 spot.
I think the Canadian division sucks overall, but probably doesn't have any pure crap teams. 6 mediocre teams and the Leafs.