Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:13 am
MissouriMook wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Seems as though the Blues may be back in the “Central” Division.
That’s great news! The Pacific division don’t interest me at all.
The one thing I'll say is I think the Pacific division is probably easier to make the playoffs. The top teams are better, but there's a clear bottom 4 that the top 4 will feast on in theory. The Central-ish has more playoff contenders, or at least teams that aren't pure dreck. Honestly if they played in the Pacific for a 56 game season but started games earlier I'd be fine with it. The Central division rivalries will still be there when we get back to normal. Still prefer the Central, but won't be as annoyed if it ends up Pacific as I was the other day.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:45 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:15 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:15 am NHL considering advertisements on helmets for additional revenue.
Logical. I don't mind it as long as they don't go nuts with it. They need all the ad revenue they can get, and they're not talking about ads on jerseys, which would be lame.
New clown jersey
mrb.jpg
DAMN!! Turk got skillz!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:45 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:15 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:15 am NHL considering advertisements on helmets for additional revenue.
Logical. I don't mind it as long as they don't go nuts with it. They need all the ad revenue they can get, and they're not talking about ads on jerseys, which would be lame.
New clown jersey
mrb.jpg
It's an improvement.

Rivermanfan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:51 am This is a link to the StL Today article about this. I got blocked by the paywall at StLPD, so here is a redirect of the same article. The only thing that is unclear is if there will be a separate gambling stream or if all of us will be forced to watch this mess.

https://herald-review.com/sports/fox-sp ... aa37e.html

Here's the original link if it works for you

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/basebal ... 9bf34.html
OMFG. that would be a fucking nightmare.
...And they think betting is their path to grabbing the 18-24 and 25-34 age groups that marketers crave. Ripley cited research that shows a “staggering 60%” of people in those age groups are interested in sports betting, and emphasized how important it is to reach them.
ORLY? and did your "research" say how many of that 60% are interested in seeing it fucking happen over the top of the game they're trying to watch? seriously, being "interested in sports betting" doesn't mean you want to fucking watch it happen while you're trying to watch the game. absolutely retarded. if that's allowed to happen by the NHL, i'd be out entirely. fuck them. i'm not the goddamn product.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 pm Fuck this guy...every piece of art is not an act of racism....even if it is influenced by indigenous people.

I'm all for changing names/logos as appropriate, but has there even been an outcry over the orca? I don't have any familiarity with it, to the point that I didn't even know the logo had anything to do with any indigenous tribe. I just thought it was the logo because orcas are terrifying killing machines, haha.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:32 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 pm Fuck this guy...every piece of art is not an act of racism....even if it is influenced by indigenous people.

I'm all for changing names/logos as appropriate, but has there even been an outcry over the orca? I don't have any familiarity with it, to the point that I didn't even know the logo had anything to do with any indigenous tribe. I just thought it was the logo because orcas are terrifying killing machines, haha.
It’s the Orca’s that are complaining :)

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Nah...this guy saw an opportunity to get some clicks and he went for it. Having native art in a logo is not appropriation...art influences art...that is how it has worked for ages. Also there is the thing called intent...the Canucks aren't using this depiction to exploit or enslave anyone...this is more woke bullshit.