Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 pm Want to see how overrated the KHL is? Jori Lehtera is 2nd in points and Dmitri Jaskin is 1st in goals.

KHL is so overrated. They call it 2nd best league but it’s not even close. The AHL is the 2nd best league in world by far.

518C7D7A-38BE-47B8-92AA-6B41A310A047.jpeg
I'd like to see a KHL/AHL champions series every season.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:41 pm
BillP. wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 pm Want to see how overrated the KHL is? Jori Lehtera is 2nd in points and Dmitri Jaskin is 1st in goals.

KHL is so overrated. They call it 2nd best league but it’s not even close. The AHL is the 2nd best league in world by far.

I bet AHL would win. Not too long ago the AHL All Stars whipped up on a Sweden team. Look at Kevin Dallman, a guy who played D for the Blues. He goes to Russia and sets some scoring records over there but didn’t come anywhere close to putting up those kinds of numbers in AHL.

BillP. wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:09 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:41 pm
BillP. wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 pmWant to see how overrated the KHL is? Jori Lehtera is 2nd in points and Dmitri Jaskin is 1st in goals.

I bet AHL would win. Not too long ago the AHL All Stars whipped up on a Sweden team. ...
That ASG was in 2014 vs. Färjestad BK of Sweden's top tier pro league, the SHL. The Färjestad team that year finished in the lower half of the SHL standings that season, yet they played pretty competitively vs. the AHL All-Stars despite the 7-2 final score. The SHL is consistently rated as the #4 pro hockey league in the world (behind NHL & KHL & AHL) despite the Swedish team rosters being heavily loaded with young prospects. A few SHL prospects were high picks in recent NHL drafts.

As for ranking these 4 leagues, the only fair comparisons are among the top 3 or 4 teams in each as the talent in all but the NHL falls off sharply beyond that.

BillP. wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:34 amAnyone else see this commercial for Marsblade Roller Skates? Pretty cool.

Apparently they have ice skates used by NHL players and they claim to be superior. How popular they are in NHL, I don’t know.

Marsblade's brand got a big boost from a recent widely reported investment from Auston Matthews, following buy-in from Henrik Zetterberg & Niklass Kronwall. If you comb the HFBoards postings for "Marsblade" you'll find that the reviews among amateurs don't run nearly as positively as the hype from the pros. It seems more like a "trending" phenomenon to me than true value.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:20 pm Hmmmmmm...strange things are a foot in the NHL.
are they really a five-toed body part?

here's the entire thread for context and posterity: it should have been canceled long ago, as with the rest of last season. trying to do it now, after you scrambled to agree to something, is completely fucked up. i hope they do this, though - it should piss owners and players off enough to maybe finally get rid of bettman. but if they do this, expect some teams to no longer exist when/if the NHL returns.

T.C. wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:27 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:20 pm Hmmmmmm...strange things are a foot in the NHL.

here's the entire thread for context and posterity:
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 7.25.52 AM.png

it should have been canceled long ago, as with the rest of last season. trying to do it now, after you scrambled to agree to something, is completely fucked up. i hope they do this, though - it should piss owners and players off enough to maybe finally get rid of bettman. but if they do this, expect some teams to no longer exist when/if the NHL returns.
Thank God the Blues got their cup in already
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:57 am
T.C. wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:27 am

here's the entire thread for context and posterity:
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 7.25.52 AM.png

it should have been canceled long ago, as with the rest of last season. trying to do it now, after you scrambled to agree to something, is completely fucked up. i hope they do this, though - it should piss owners and players off enough to maybe finally get rid of bettman. but if they do this, expect some teams to no longer exist when/if the NHL returns.
Thank God the Blues got their cup in already
That seems like 10 years ago, and yet it was the last full season.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!