Re: NHL Offseason Trades and Signings

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:59 pm Here we go, first of the day:

Anderson nearly scored 30 2 years ago, but was hurt most of last year. He's an RFA who will need to be signed. Domi had been on the block in Montreal for a long time.
Gives Montreal much needed size..................Columbus is all about size and structure, but I guess this is a good deal for them if Domi can put up points. Still trying to make up for that loss of Panarin, not to mention Duchesne as well.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:42 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:22 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:42 am What are you up to this Saturday morning? I got some munchkins at Dunks, but if you're an NHL free agent goalie chances are you were signing a contract:

Lehner is the big one, and it's nice to see Elliott sign in a place he likes. Jarry all but confirms Matt Murray is getting traded you'd think. Also supposedly San Jose is trading for Dubnyk. They just want all the bad goalies they can get!
That Jarry contract is kind of strange. It's not really starter money and Matt Murray is only a 26 year old RFA. Teams must really be tightening their belts.
That, but also Murray has been pretty lousy 2 of the last 3 years. Your point about not starter money is a good one. I guess they could probably keep Murray if they don't like the offers out there.
Looks like they got an offer they liked. He's been dealt to Ottawa.

Athanasiou and Duclair among RFAs that were not given a qualifying offer by their teams by the deadline yesterday. That means they're free agents as of tomorrow. Duclair is a surprise after scoring 27 last year with Ottawa, seemingly finally putting everything together. Will be very interesting to see what kind of a deal each of those two end up with.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:13 am Athanasiou and Duclair among RFAs that were not given a qualifying offer by their teams by the deadline yesterday. That means they're free agents as of tomorrow. Duclair is a surprise after scoring 27 last year with Ottawa, seemingly finally putting everything together. Will be very interesting to see what kind of a deal each of those two end up with.
Duclair must be a total shithead or something. I think I read that Ottawa was his 5th team in 6 years? Jesus! I know he has also been acting as his own agent and he apparently pissed Ottawa off with his contract demands.

Matangama wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:20 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:13 am Athanasiou and Duclair among RFAs that were not given a qualifying offer by their teams by the deadline yesterday. That means they're free agents as of tomorrow. Duclair is a surprise after scoring 27 last year with Ottawa, seemingly finally putting everything together. Will be very interesting to see what kind of a deal each of those two end up with.
Duclair must be a total shithead or something. I think I read that Ottawa was his 5th team in 6 years? Jesus! I know he has also been acting as his own agent and he apparently pissed Ottawa off with his contract demands.
Yeah I know Tortorella had some comments after he left about Duclair basically saying he tried to do too much with the puck, relied too much on skill and whatnot. He seemed to harness that skill the right way. 5 teams in 6 years is a red flag, but I don't fault him for wanting to be paid like a 27 goal scorer.

Buyouts flying off the shelves today. Alexander Wennberg in a surprise move by the BJs, and Cory Schneider by the Devils. Possibly more to come. The next 30 hours or so are going to be weird. Lots of guys available, but how many teams have both cap-space and don't have an internal budget or spending constraints?

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:52 am Buyouts flying off the shelves today. Alexander Wennberg in a surprise move by the BJs, and Cory Schneider by the Devils. Possibly more to come. The next 30 hours or so are going to be weird. Lots of guys available, but how many teams have both cap-space and don't have an internal budget or spending constraints?
I know Wennberg has had some consistency issues but he's a guy I'd be interested in if I'm the Blues. Still only 26.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:59 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:52 am Buyouts flying off the shelves today. Alexander Wennberg in a surprise move by the BJs, and Cory Schneider by the Devils. Possibly more to come. The next 30 hours or so are going to be weird. Lots of guys available, but how many teams have both cap-space and don't have an internal budget or spending constraints?
I know Wennberg has had some consistency issues but he's a guy I'd be interested in if I'm the Blues. Still only 26.
Yeah, he seems like a good fit. Great on the PK, had 59 points a few years ago (though I have to imagine that was heavily Panarin influenced).

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:09 pm
Matangama wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:52 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:20 pm

Didn't see this one coming. Another Chicago tank coming, or do they sign a goalie that can actually stop pucks?
Trading Lehner at the deadline looks even more fucking stupid now! Way to go Stan!
Unless they're tanking.
Whatever.....but I would have hated to see Lehner in Chicago for the next several years.

Last night CBJ traded Ryan Murray for a 5th round pick. Any time you feel bad about drafting EJ, just remember that CBJ just traded a guy they drafted second overall for a 5th rounder. Pay no attention to the fact that only one of the top 5 that year turned out to be any good at all, rather than 3/5 being bubble to slam dunk Hall of Famers.

Anyway I digress, Jarmo has opened up a truckload of cap space over the last week. Is he being forced to cut payroll, or are they going to make some moves today? He still has to sign Dubois.