Re: How many Blues fans does it take?

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:21 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:00 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:43 pm
Hard to imagine a more dangerous profession than being a rapper.... there's like three or four of them killed per week...and nobody gets upset... it's just to be expected, i guess. It's like a dude walks into a bar, and the bartender says:
"Hey, Mike.... I saw that you brother C.C. Stinky Jock got shot this morning."
Mike:
"Yeah... Gimme a Colt and a shot of Sweet Lucy."
C.C. Stinky Jock releases six posthumous albums.
C.C. was the man!

The future has always been envisioned like Star Trek...perfect and clean. Turns out it is people eating cats to survive the civil war. Instead of warp speed we have invented ten different kinds of tear gas, the war with the Klingons has been replaced by the Proud Boys, instead of making first contact with the Vulcans we go through their old tweets and get them fired.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:08 am The future has always been envisioned like Star Trek...perfect and clean. Turns out it is people eating cats to survive the civil war. Instead of warp speed we have invented ten different kinds of tear gas, the war with the Klingons has been replaced by the Proud Boys, instead of making first contact with the Vulcans we go through their old tweets and get them fired.
Warp Speed is the program to find the cure for the invisible killer COVID-19... which does sound like something from Star Trek... Warp Speed is not to be confused with Warped Mind who is an orange skinned alien who’s trying to brainwash earthlings and take over the planet.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:13 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:08 am The future has always been envisioned like Star Trek...perfect and clean. Turns out it is people eating cats to survive the civil war. Instead of warp speed we have invented ten different kinds of tear gas, the war with the Klingons has been replaced by the Proud Boys, instead of making first contact with the Vulcans we go through their old tweets and get them fired.
Warp Speed is the program to find the cure for the invisible killer COVID-19... which does sound like something from Star Trek... Warp Speed is not to be confused with Warped Mind who is an orange skinned alien who’s trying to brainwash earthlings and take over the planet.
Instead of utopia we get Donald Trump Jr

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:44 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:13 am
Instead of utopia we get Donald Trump Jr
...but Hillary's e-mails!

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:11 amIt's a good thing Disco is dead. America couldn't handle COVI-19 and Night Fever.
Disco isn't dead... it's changed it's name to QAnon
Your only skin in that game, Rev, is your collection of leisure suits & faux silk shirts with large pointed collars & platform shoes. The clothes make the man of the cloth.
Leisure suits are a good "investment". If things get too bad, you can burn them in the fireplace and keep warm.

I was on a street yesterday, 4553 Davison. I was checking my email after inspecting a tree...it was about 8:30am. A man approaches my car and asks me if Im looking for something. I tell him I'm there checking trees, he says to leave...that I am not safe on this street, he was polite and wearing a mask. Urban algebra tells me that I could easily be dead right now...the less polite dealer would have shot first and ditched my car in the river, this was definitely one of the more eye opening events in my 15 years working here. There is no society. There are no countries. There are only individuals.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 pm I was on a street yesterday, 4553 Davison. I was checking my email after inspecting a tree...it was about 8:30am. A man approaches my car and asks me if Im looking for something. I tell him I'm there checking trees, he says to leave...that I am not safe on this street, he was polite and wearing a mask. Urban algebra tells me that I could easily be dead right now...the less polite dealer would have shot first and ditched my car in the river, this was definitely one of the more eye opening events in my 15 years working here. There is no society. There are no countries. There are only individuals.
This is clearly a statement on the state of your ride... he wouldn’t be caught dead driving your jalopy down to the river.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:14 pm I was on a street yesterday, 4553 Davison. I was checking my email after inspecting a tree...it was about 8:30am. A man approaches my car and asks me if Im looking for something. I tell him I'm there checking trees, he says to leave...that I am not safe on this street, he was polite and wearing a mask. Urban algebra tells me that I could easily be dead right now...the less polite dealer would have shot first and ditched my car in the river, this was definitely one of the more eye opening events in my 15 years working here. There is no society. There are no countries. There are only individuals.
This is clearly a statement on the state of your ride... he wouldn’t be caught dead driving your jalopy down to the river.
My car is six years old...which is ancient by modern car standards.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 pm
My car is six years old...which is ancient by modern car standards.
Probably a high trunk lid... if nobody can see your Detroit Lean, you ain’t shit.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 amDisco isn't dead... it's changed it's name to QAnon
Your only skin in that game, Rev, is your collection of leisure suits & faux silk shirts with large pointed collars & platform shoes. The clothes make the man of the cloth.
Leisure suits are a good "investment". If things get too bad, you can burn them in the fireplace and keep warm.
Just be sure to take them off first. No need to get overheated before your Heaven's Gate certificate expires.