Re: Playoff Hockey -2020

barnburner wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:35 pm I hate the North Stars, but I was delighted to see them eliminate the Avs.I will always wish the very worst for any team owned by Stan Kroenke.
Agree, didnt want Colo at all. Dallas is a dangerous team when they get that supplemental scoring. Theyve been scoring all post season. Right now, I think they’re heading to the Finals.

Well Vegas got back on track and pummeled the Stars last night to even the series. Between Vegas finding its game and the all out beatdown that Tampa put on the Isles, I'm put the over under on total conference finals games at 11.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

i just can't get excited about any of these games. i watched the blues games where i could but all the rest of this just seems kind of silly. i'm glad they are doing what they need to to keep the NHL viable, but it's all just sort of exhibition/scrimmage vibes for me.

T.C. wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:33 am i just can't get excited about any of these games. i watched the blues games where i could but all the rest of this just seems kind of silly. i'm glad they are doing what they need to to keep the NHL viable, but it's all just sort of exhibition/scrimmage vibes for me.
The environment sure doesn't add tension to these games, but at least the hockey itself is pretty good. I actually watched a few minutes of an NBA game last night, and despite being the end of a close elimination game, I couldn't shake the exhibition type vibes (also the last 2 minutes take half an hour). I'll probably catch as much of the Cup Final as I can, but won't be cashing in any points with the wife to do so.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:49 am
T.C. wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:33 am i just can't get excited about any of these games. i watched the blues games where i could but all the rest of this just seems kind of silly. i'm glad they are doing what they need to to keep the NHL viable, but it's all just sort of exhibition/scrimmage vibes for me.
I couldn't shake the exhibition type vibes (also the last 2 minutes take half an hour).
Brutal isn’t it?

T.C. wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:33 ami just can't get excited about any of these games. i watched the blues games where i could but all the rest of this just seems kind of silly. i'm glad they are doing what they need to to keep the NHL viable, but it's all just sort of exhibition/scrimmage vibes for me.
That's the feeling of Cup Fever Withdrawal (CFW-2020). Or maybe you've just got The COVIDs. :?