Re: Allen Traded to Habs for Picks

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:50 am

Could be Husso time, but Army's MO has been to have a veteran backup. Sometimes it works (Elliott/Hutton) sometimes it doesn't (Chad Johnson). I know we'd all like to see Husso get some time, but I'd put my money on Army getting a retread on the cheap.
If Army goes for the veteran backup....and he probably will, there are a ton of goalies hitting the market this offseason. He will have several to pick from.

Matangama wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:49 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:48 am The Blues might be tight lipped, but reporters can talk to agents too...
Agreed Dave, but agents are the masters of misinformation at times like this.
It's true. "Not even close" could be ominous, or could just be posturing from whoever JR is talking to.

If they don't sign Petro, there's some cap space for a trade that might not be on anyone's radar. With the flat salary cap and low revenue projections for next year, my guess is some teams are going to be unloading high priced players that they might not in a regular year. Maybe Armstrong has one of those deals in the works. It's a fun offseason already.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

The more I think about this trade......getting a 3rd is not a bad return. The Blues need to dump some guys, and other teams know that. Plus you have a flat salary cap, combined with a lot of uncertainty going forward as teams look at next season. Getting a team to take a $4.35 million cap hit for a backup goalie in this environment could not have been easy! Jake has been much, much better for us, but we knew he had to be moved, and there are a ton of goalies available in free agency this summer(fall).

Could be Husso time, but Army's MO has been to have a veteran backup. Sometimes it works (Elliott/Hutton) sometimes it doesn't (Chad Johnson). I know we'd all like to see Husso get some time, but I'd put my money on Army getting a retread on the cheap.
It should be Husso time. But I have really high hopes for Fitzpatrick going for. I think that kid is going to be a damn good one.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:08 pm

It should be Husso time. But I have really high hopes for Fitzpatrick going for. I think that kid is going to be a damn good one.
Having not seen ANY of those guys play, I'm not high on Fitzpatrick. I think Hofer is the long term hope. I don't think Fitzpatrick has done much besides that Memorial Cup run. That's admittedly not nothing, but it seems to be more of the exception rather than the rule looking purely at stats.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

So I reckon Carey Price didn't figger as a "retread" for this transaction? :roll: