Re: GDT: Game 5: St. Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 8/19 - TV:NBCSN/FSMW

made it through the first, woke up to see we blew the lead. again.

my first thought when van scored: well, you don't win too many games giving up shorties. jake should have had that one.
bernie: "The Blues give up a power play... Jake mishandled the puck." me: um... no, that's not at all what just happened. how is this guy still talking into a microphone? holy fuck is he bad.
my first thought when the blues scored their first: hey, look at that - hitting people actually works in your favor. shocker. would be amazing if the blues actually played this way for 60 min.

Pretty safe to say the Blues suck a giant bag of elephant shit on the power play. What is so hard about setting up a shot? What is appealing about guys drifting aimlessly around with the puck passing back and forth on the perimeter with no structure or plan? Oh well...there is something unnerving about this whole crowdless experience I don't really like...there is a real element missing from the games.

Our defensemen haven’t been good. Parayko looks like he’s checked out, and Scandella doesn’t look anywhere near the player he was when he got here. Honestly I’d rather see Mikkola in his place.
Faulk has arguably been the Blues best dman in this series.
we need some more explosiveness up front. I’d like to see us take a run at Taylor Hall. We’ve got several forwards where it’s time to move on from. I’d love to see a healthy Thomas center Hall and Kyrou.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:27 am We need Binnington and the defense back to where he was last season. It's pretty bad when Faulk is the teams best dman ;)

But seriously, this team plays at it's best when it's back is against the wall. I still believe and think the Blues win the series.
I figured the the series would change when the Canucks have to get that 4th win to put us away. I still like our chances.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:34 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:27 am We need Binnington and the defense back to where he was last season. It's pretty bad when Faulk is the teams best dman ;)

But seriously, this team plays at it's best when it's back is against the wall. I still believe and think the Blues win the series.
I figured the the series would change when the Canucks have to get that 4th win to put us away. I still like our chances.
Yeah, it should be a tough game 6 and 7. Scary part is the Canucks don't know they aren't supposed to win. They have a strong confidence in their game and abilities for a young and inexperienced team. Props to them for not backing down, but hopefully the Blues get them off their game Friday and Sunday.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:35 am

Without Bouwmeester this is not possible.
He is sorely missed.

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:46 am Our defensemen haven’t been good. Parayko looks like he’s checked out, and Scandella doesn’t look anywhere near the player he was when he got here. Honestly I’d rather see Mikkola in his place.
we need some more explosiveness up front. I’d like to see us take a run at Taylor Hall. We’ve got several forwards where it’s time to move on from. I’d love to see a healthy Thomas center Hall and Kyrou.
What would be the point. Two games after he got here, he would suffer a career ending shoulder injury......

barnburner wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:55 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:35 am

Without Bouwmeester this is not possible.
He is sorely missed.
He was the quarterback of the Blues transition and without him out there skating the puck out of trouble ...there is a lot of trouble!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:46 am Our defensemen haven’t been good. Parayko looks like he’s checked out, and Scandella doesn’t look anywhere near the player he was when he got here. Honestly I’d rather see Mikkola in his place.
I agree with most of this, but I’d like to see a guy more in the mold of Anthony Mantha on Thomas’ wing. Someone who has a shoot first mentality and can plow the road and break some eggs.

Taylor Hall would be a good fit and we might have a fair shot at getting him at a good price given the current conditions. This is an absolute must if Tarasenko has truly checked out.

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:35 pm
I agree with most of this, but I’d like to see a guy more in the mold of Anthony Mantha on Thomas’ wing. Someone who has a shoot first mentality and can plow the road and break some eggs.
Kostin could be that guy if the Blues would wake up and give him a chance to let him be himself.

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:34 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:35 pm
Kostin could be that guy if the Blues would wake up and give him a chance to let him be himself.
Kostin just turned 21 and still has a lot to learn. I’m not sure how invested the team could be in holding him back in 4 NHL games, but he has been given the role you desire for him in the AHL and he hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire against lesser competition. But, again, he just turned 21 - let’s pump the brakes a little, shall we?