Re: GDT: Game 5: St. Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 8/19 - TV:NBCSN/FSMW

Cotton McKnight wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:26 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:24 pm As soon as O'Reilly went behind the net I knew it was going in.

They woke right up after that short handed goal.
What a difference from a couple of years ago!
The difference in confidence and resolve is just amazing. Berube got the leadership to believe and Binner gave the belief they wouldn't be scored on every mistake. They've built that winning culture from within. Love this team.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

The Blues played pretty well, considering that The Canucks tried their hardest to blow the game open by using a non-stop all-out speed game. The Blues weathered that storm, and if it weren't for that bad luck on the broken stick play, they'd be ahead 2-0. Things are looking good. Barbashev is playing well. He adds a lot. Bortuzzo is playing well. Good for The Blues that the refs are letting little stuff go, so they can play their physical game, which helps their possession time knocking the puck free on the forecheck, and keeping The Canucks from making plays on offence, and getting the puck back, too. It looks like they are a lot closer to where they were during last season's playoffs.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:24 pm As soon as O'Reilly went behind the net I knew it was going in.

David Backes would just bitch and moan and turn into a fake tough guy when the Blues would face adversity. Hitch would just say "fuck me" and try to cross his arms while wondering where he left his hat

The leadership on the bench and behind the bench from then to now is night and day
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:36 pm

David Backes would just bitch and moan and turn into a fake tough guy when the Blues would face adversity. Hitch would just say "fuck me" and try to cross his arms while wondering where he left his hat

The leadership on the bench and behind the bench from then to now is night and day
It's pretty nice now!