Re: Tuuka out

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:14 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Or maybe that’s just the spin?
What's wrong Tim, you need to see a Dr's note or a death certificate before you believe a hockey player has to leave to be there for their child? Don't remember anyone here giving Barbs shit about missing games to go home for the birth of his child. Sorry, but it is disappointing that some people think that $$$ solves all kinds of shit, or that 'celebrities/athletes' etc don't have to deal with the same shit us common folk do. You give passes to all the time to players for their on ice performance, why not give it to them and believe them for the off ice shit too? Not every hockey player's life is scandalous...sometimes it's just regular human shit, and there isn't any reason not to believe Tuuka that he had to be there for his daughter. But I'm sure the Enquirer will have the real story out soon...
Just weird timing ....he said his heart wasn’t in it and all his teammates said they thought his leaving was coming and weren’t really shocked. So now it’s an emergency with his daughter...could be but the timing sure seems strange. Seems like a spin to me.
As far Barby we knew he was leaving beforehand, it’s a totally different situation.
You’re entitled to your opinion , just like I am.
Not all emergencies are short notice. Could have been something they'd been dealing with that got worse and they as a family decided he was needed at home. I have a hard time believing that Tuuka would hide behind his daughter if he just needed a vacation or didn't want to play anymore.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:56 pm I just don't know why they didn't say he had to leave because of a family emergency.

It's vague enough and doesn't make it look like he quit on a team.
Exactly...why not come out and say it so nobody would question his commitment. Bruins fans, maybe players and people in the organization are pissed...lets come up with a reason now.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:53 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:56 pm I just don't know why they didn't say he had to leave because of a family emergency.

It's vague enough and doesn't make it look like he quit on a team.
Exactly...why not come out and say it so nobody would question his commitment. Bruins fans, maybe players and people in the organization are pissed...lets come up with a reason now.
maybe because at the time they didn't want to get into the details, and let the man and his family have his privacy while they deal? I mean, I get that he is a public figure and has a responsibility to others in the Bruin's organization. But does that mean he or any other professional athlete automatically opts out of having some privacy, especially while dealing with the health and well-being of a minor child (I believe all his kids are what, under 10?) or any family matter? Perhaps now is when he felt comfortable talking about it with anyone outside the organization. Considering the 'mouths' on Casidy, Marchand, and others in the Bruins organization, if this wasn't a true statement about his daughter, I'm sure we'd know about it by now. But I haven't read or heard anything but positive remarks towards Tuuka once he made his decision to go to his family, at least from the Bruins.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-br ... slav-halak

Or perhaps you are right and he's just a scumbag who'd hide behind his daughter to escape from Toronto. I think the odds are that the decision to keep it quite at first was made with Tuuka and his family's privacy and well being in mind.

Then again, conspiracy theories and scandals make for such better water cooler topics, so keep on keeping on with all that if it makes you happy. 8-)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:14 pm What's wrong Tim, you need to see a Dr's note or a death certificate...
You dipped the chip, you took a bite, and you dipped again. That's like putting your whole mouth right in the dip! From now on, when you take a chip, just take one dip and end it!

Obviously I don't know what happened, but if there were some emergency with my kid with some question as to the outcome of a hospital visit, I'd be on the next plane. He's a hockey player, he didn't take the black.

T.C. wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:57 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:14 pm What's wrong Tim, you need to see a Dr's note or a death certificate...
You dipped the chip, you took a bite, and you dipped again. That's like putting your whole mouth right in the dip! From now on, when you take a chip, just take one dip and end it!

Obviously I don't know what happened, but if there were some emergency with my kid with some question as to the outcome of a hospital visit, I'd be on the next plane. He's a hockey player, he didn't take the black.
"Do Only Good Everyday"