Re: Playoff games [other teams]

From what action I caught, I thought the Hawks played Vegas pretty good. They're getting better. You got to wonder if teams will be able to improve themselves much this off season. I'm thinking things won't change much. That's why I think if the Blues can win this Cup, they'll have a shot for a 3 peat.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:33 pm Looks like the Caps have quit on Todd Reirdon. Islanders are for real and the trade for Pageau might put them over the top.
I wonder what's going through the Caps management's minds, "Maybe we should have stuck with Trotz?"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:23 pm Nice shot Shatty! CBJ still leads, 4-3, hell of a game!
Shattenkirk has had a great season in Tampa. He'd be a fool not to resign with them. Even if it means less money. He fits like a glove down there.

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:12 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:23 pm Nice shot Shatty! CBJ still leads, 4-3, hell of a game!
Shattenkirk has had a great season in Tampa. He'd be a fool not to resign with them. Even if it means less money. He fits like a glove down there.
He does fit well, but he already passed on a huge deal once in his career. If I'm him fit matters, but I'm not taking a big discount again.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Pretenders are getting weeded out. Columbus puked it up down the stretch and then gave up a sloppy, weak goal in OT to lose the series. Now Carolina is showing they don’t belong (yet). They look half asleep in the 3rd period, down by a goal in an elimination game.

Matangama wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:33 pm Pretenders are getting weeded out. Columbus puked it up down the stretch and then gave up a sloppy, weak goal in OT to lose the series. Now Carolina is showing they don’t belong (yet). They look half asleep in the 3rd period, down by a goal in an elimination game.
Feel bad for Brind'Amour but I didn't believe the hype on the Canes at the start of the season but did think they looked great against the Rangers. They are just missing something...probably a few things including a goalie. They have a decent prospect in Alex Nedeljkovic who will probably see plenty of time but they might want to upgrade for sure. Maybe we can get Niederreiter plus back in a deal for Allen.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:32 pm
He does fit well, but he already passed on a huge deal once in his career. If I'm him fit matters, but I'm not taking a big discount again.
His deal with the Rangers wasn't chicken feed.

Matangama wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:33 pm Pretenders are getting weeded out. Columbus puked it up down the stretch and then gave up a sloppy, weak goal in OT to lose the series. Now Carolina is showing they don’t belong (yet). They look half asleep in the 3rd period, down by a goal in an elimination game.
Yeah, they are getting weeded out pretty quickly. We better keep it up. 😄

BluesSK wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:21 pm

No it wasn't, but it he left about $23 million on the table.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 pm

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. The rumored deal with Edmonton was for $49M over 7 years if he waived his NTC to go there, but he was never going to do that. I'm not aware of any such deal with Tampa, so I'm not so sure you can honestly say he "left money on the table" for a deal he was not going to consider.

His dream was to play for his hometown team and he did for two years, earning 16 million in those two years, and he's got another 5.8 million coming from the buyout.

Not shabby. His career earnings sit at 38.5 million, with another 4.3 million left to collect from the Rangers, in addition to any other contracts he may sign.

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:14 am

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. The rumored deal with Edmonton was for $49M over 7 years if he waived his NTC to go there, but he was never going to do that. I'm not aware of any such deal with Tampa, so I'm not so sure you can honestly say he "left money on the table" for a deal he was not going to consider.
This is from Sportsnet the day before free agency opened that year:
Kevin Shattenkirk
Age on July 1, 2017: 28
Position: Defence
2016-17 salary cap hit: $4.25 million
Bargaining chips: U.S. Olympian. A top-four D-man on one of the league’s best blue lines. Power-play beast. Good for about 50 points if healthy.
The latest: NHL teams salivate over puck-moving defencemen under the age of 30, so expect Shattenkirk to knock his next contract out of the park. Think Keith Yandle’s seven-year, $44.45-million pact signed with the Panthers last year.
He left a lot of money on the table. Maybe he doesn't care, but he'd be one of the very few to take a discount over and over.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:02 am

Kevin Shattenkirk
Bargaining chips: U.S. Olympian. A top-four D-man on one of the league’s best blue lines. Power-play beast. Good for about 50 points if healthy.
The latest: NHL teams salivate over puck-moving defencemen under the age of 30, so expect Shattenkirk to knock his next contract out of the park. Think Keith Yandle’s seven-year, $44.45-million pact signed with the Panthers last year.
He left a lot of money on the table. Maybe he doesn't care, but he'd be one of the very few to take a discount over and over.
That's expectation of an offer, not evidence of money left on the table. I'm sure he screwed himself out of more lucrative deals by dialing in on the Rangers, but that not the same as saying "he had an offer of $XX million over 7 years from [insert team name here] and he turned it down."

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:23 am
Kevin Shattenkirk
That's expectation of an offer, not evidence of money left on the table. I'm sure he screwed himself out of more lucrative deals by dialing in on the Rangers, but that not the same as saying "he had an offer of $XX million over 7 years from [insert team name here] and he turned it down."
The point is he left a lot of money on the table (the specific amount is of little relevance) to play for a team he wanted to and it was a spectacular disaster for a variety of reasons. He had to take a short prove it deal in Tampa because he was damaged goods. To me it seems unlikely he will take another well below market value deal now that he's gotten his career back on track.

If Petro leaves, I could see the Blues having interest. But I’m guessing he will get offered more than the Blues would be willing to pay. Plus he would be second pairing, behind Parayko on the right side. I would imagine Shatty understands he isn’t a top pairing guy at this point, but that seemed to bug him in the past. I’m guessing he stays in Tampa, but I guess we’ll see.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:09 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:23 am

The point is he left a lot of money on the table (the specific amount is of little relevance) to play for a team he wanted to and it was a spectacular disaster for a variety of reasons. He had to take a short prove it deal in Tampa because he was damaged goods. To me it seems unlikely he will take another well below market value deal now that he's gotten his career back on track.
Sorry if it seemed like I was splitting hairs. I agree that he could have made more money expanding his list of acceptable destinations. I thought you were implying that there was a specific deal he turned down when you referenced him leaving a very specific $23 million on the table.

Re: GDT: Game 5: St. Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 8/19 - TV:NBCSN/FSMW

I think the Islanders are gonna be a tough out. They might be ready about a year early. Never been a huge Trotz fan but if you as a player will buy into what he’s selling, you will win.
As much as I want the Blues to win, I would really love to see what his plan would be for Colorado and Nate Mack. If the Flyers advance, I think they are gonna have their hands full for sure.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Stars up 3-1 and looking pretty good. Oh and EJ got hit by a golf cart and wobbled off and hasn’t retuned

"Suck a dick Johansen"