Re: GDT: Game 4: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 8/17 - TV:NBCSN/FSMW

Blues playing like champs. You need the goaltending though to let it all play out. Can’t say enough about Jake Allen and what he’s done for this team. Dude saved the season. That was my prediction before the playoffs, I felt if the Blues get knocked out, it’ll be the first rd. Otherwise they’ll roll to finals. I think Vancouver is a good prep for the Blues if they move on and play Colorado next.

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:22 am Blues playing like champs. You need the goaltending though to let it all play out. Can’t say enough about Jake Allen and what he’s done for this team. Dude saved the season. That was my prediction before the playoffs, I felt if the Blues get knocked out, it’ll be the first rd. Otherwise they’ll roll to finals. I think Vancouver is a good prep for the Blues if they move on and play Colorado next.
Keep in mind that they re-seed after each round, so let's just say that 1-VGK and 2-Colorado win and the 4-Blues win. If 3-Dallas wins, round 2 will be VGK and the Blues, Colorado and Dallas. But, if Calgary wins, it's VGK and Calgary along with the Blues and Colorado. Nothing is as it seems this post season. At this point, I don't care who we play in the second round, as long as we get there.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:29 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:22 am Blues playing like champs. You need the goaltending though to let it all play out. Can’t say enough about Jake Allen and what he’s done for this team. Dude saved the season. That was my prediction before the playoffs, I felt if the Blues get knocked out, it’ll be the first rd. Otherwise they’ll roll to finals. I think Vancouver is a good prep for the Blues if they move on and play Colorado next.
Keep in mind that they re-seed after each round, so let's just say that 1-VGK and 2-Colorado win and the 4-Blues win. If 3-Dallas wins, round 2 will be VGK and the Blues, Colorado and Dallas. But, if Calgary wins, it's VGK and Calgary along with the Blues and Colorado. Nothing is as it seems this post season. At this point, I don't care who we play in the second round, as long as we get there.
Yeah, the Dallas/Calgary series is huge. Preferably, I’d want Colorado next rd and put Vegas off. Vegas will be tough to deal with. We can thank that ref that helped San Jose best Vegas last year in 2nd rd for us.

stlblues1226 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:29 am
IF the Blues hang on to win this thing, that second round match-up is going to be scarier than any of the series last year before the Final. I thing Vegas is better, but the Avs are absolutely rolling right now and embarrassing the hell out of the Coyotes. I don't have a preference other than 2 more injury free wins.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:52 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am So does MacMac or DLR sit when Barbashev returns? I think DLR has played well so I'd vote MacMac.
Gotta be Mac Mac for me. I’ll take the grit all day every day.
DLR has played well and his speed has been noticeable out there, but i think Chief sticks with Mac Mac as well. I think they're fine either way.

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:16 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am Really good article from a Vancouver journalist here on how ROR dominated last night (and just in general) in all 3 zones:

https://theathletic.com/2004613/2020/08 ... opponents/
Is there anyway you could post the whole article? I don't put a lot of apps on my phone and thats the only way I can read it past paragraph 2.
It's a subscription service, so I'll just summarize it for you: He's smarter and works harder and is more tenacious than everybody he's on the ice with.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:27 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 am So does MacMac or DLR sit when Barbashev returns? I think DLR has played well so I'd vote MacMac.
DLR has played well and his speed has been noticeable out there, but i think Chief sticks with Mac Mac as well. I think they're fine either way.
I think they keep DLR in. He's been excellent on the PK and the refs can't keep the whistles in their pockets.

Look at the time on ice between them.

The boys were fantastic last night on the PK. It was a big factor in the win.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:27 am
Tough decision. As Blues SK said above, DLR has really been good killing penalties. Against Vancouvers PP, that might be reason enough to leave him in the lineup.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:50 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am Really good article from a Vancouver journalist here on how ROR dominated last night (and just in general) in all 3 zones:

Is there anyway you could post the whole article? I don't put a lot of apps on my phone and thats the only way I can read it past paragraph 2.
It's a subscription service, so I'll just summarize it for you: He's smarter and works harder and is more tenacious than everybody he's on the ice with.
Apparently I could have wrote the article then.😎

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:50 am

Did they say anything about juggling tennis balls with his dick. I heard that is good for your core.