Re: Tarasenko headed to STL for evaluation

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:36 pm This shouldn't be happening after all this time. And he was originally projected to come back in late March?................ He's turning into Hossa. Blues might be stuck with a liability now.
Hossa averaged 70 games played per year with the Hawks, and was a huge asset on the ice every year except maybe the last one. His retirement season was easily predicted the moment that contract was signed since his actual salary dipped down to $1M. I don't think that's an apt comparison. If Tarasenko is out long term, that actually opens up cap space. The good news is this injury is upper body, and won't prevent him from getting on an exercise bike since the whispers you hear every year are that he's out of shape.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:06 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:36 pm This shouldn't be happening after all this time. And he was originally projected to come back in late March?................ He's turning into Hossa. Blues might be stuck with a liability now.
Hossa averaged 70 games played per year with the Hawks, and was a huge asset on the ice every year except maybe the last one. His retirement season was easily predicted the moment that contract was signed since his actual salary dipped down to $1M. I don't think that's an apt comparison. If Tarasenko is out long term, that actually opens up cap space. The good news is this injury is upper body, and won't prevent him from getting on an exercise bike since the whispers you hear every year are that he's out of shape.
Well, Hossa ended up done, and now Tarasenko could be done. Whether the journey to being washed up isn't the same, done is done to me and Tank isn't looking too good these days.

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:11 pm
Well, Hossa ended up done, and now Tarasenko could be done. Whether the journey to being washed up isn't the same, done is done to me and Tank isn't looking too good these days.
:lol:
dr-seuss-smart-quote.jpg dr-seuss-smart-quote.jpg Viewed 9095 times 35.3 KiB
"Do Only Good Everyday"

So Hossa was a proxy for every single NHL player that ever retired, got it. ;)
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I hope he follows that advice. He's been much too heavy for years.

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:24 pm

dr-seuss-smart-quote.jpg
You got it buddy ;)

BillP. wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:57 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:24 pm

dr-seuss-smart-quote.jpg
You got it buddy ;)
If Tarasenko helps the Blues win 3 Stanley Cups and then retires at age 38, I'm good with that.