Re: GDT: Game 4: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 8/17 - TV:NBCSN/FSMW

Wow!!! The Blues actually score on the 5 on 3!!!! - and another PP goal to boot. Schenn is really playing tough, going to the hard places. The Blues from last year's playoffs are back. They're now on top of The Canucks as soon as the puck comes near them. The smothering backcheck and crushing forechecks are back. It's amazing that both last night and tonight, they seem to get more energy as the game moves along. I was worried that they might tire out in The 3rd because of using more energy, but they had the most energy in the OT. I'm back to feeling goodabout this series. I just hope that Thomas can come back and play at 100% in The 3rd.

Here's a completely stupid thing to say, but what the hell. I'll say it anyway.

Maybe the Blues needed to create a similar situation to last season. Because of the break, the momentum was gone. So, they needed something to get them motivated so they laid eggs for the first 5 games, to simulate the January on run from last season. Now, those 5 games are behind them, time to start playing playoff hockey.

See, I told you it was stupid. I guess my sleep deprived brain is really screwing with me. 8-)
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:01 am It’s incredible we’re controlling play as much as we are the last few games with how poor all 6 D are moving the puck.
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact we're spending so much time in the Vancouver zone, that when they get the puck out, they're mainly looking to dump it in and go for a change. It's when the not clearing zone comes while we're being pinned in. I think that'll get better too, over time.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!