Re: GDT: Game 2: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 5:30 - 8/14 - TV:NHL/FSMW

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:48 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:43 pm WTF was Petro doing...mutherfucker!! We are getting outcoached big time and that was one of my worries about playing the Canucks.
You pick Petro to blame there? He was in deep and had two guys back on the line. Schenn and Gunnar let Horvat go, and then Binnner managed to keep his good saves list at zero.
you're goddamn right i'm picking Petro there...it's OT. Chief is also getting outcoached.
If you’re blaming Berube for getting out coached because the blues can’t kill a penalty all of a sudden or that he’s not teaching Binner how to stop pucks, than sure. We’ve been the better team 5 on 5 both games so far, so not sure what you think Green is coaching so well.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:50 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm WTF is it with the big plays we’re giving up. And Binnington has just been average. Break in sure, but you got to come up big too. This fuckn hurts.
I think he's been pretty bad other than the first game against Colorado.

We're 0-6 in the bubble. It's time to take some gambles.
Allen in.
Kyrou in for Tarasenko
Bortz in for Faulk

That's where I'd start.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:50 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm WTF is it with the big plays we’re giving up. And Binnington has just been average. Break in sure, but you got to come up big too. This fuckn hurts.
I think he's been pretty bad other than the first game against Colorado.

We're 0-6 in the bubble. It's time to take some gambles.
Allen in.
Kyrou in for Tarasenko
Bortz in for Faulk

That's where I'd start.
I think we have to hope Vladi gets going. I’d put Kyrou in for Brouwer, and drop Blais to the Sunny line.

I agree with your other two changes for sure though.

I’d kill to haveBarbie back to get that 4th like going again too.

Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm

You pick Petro to blame there? He was in deep and had two guys back on the line. Schenn and Gunnar let Horvat go, and then Binnner managed to keep his good saves list at zero.
you're goddamn right i'm picking Petro there...it's OT. Chief is also getting outcoached.
If you’re blaming Berube for getting out coached because the blues can’t kill a penalty all of a sudden or that he’s not teaching Binner how to stop pucks, than sure. We’ve been the better team 5 on 5 both games so far, so not sure what you think Green is coaching so well.
You might try giving the Canucks some credit. Coaching and goaltending was the biggest reason I said we needed face the Flames in round 1 and the Canucks have proved me right through the first 2 games. 5 on 5 hockey means squat when you're on the losing end of the scoreboard every game.
Also when I say coaching...it's not just about Travis Greene...its their whole staff and they figured something out on Binner for sure....if you don't believe me, just ask Bo Horvat.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:34 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:25 pm Well we got the one Cup. Thats all most of us were asking for, right?
To be honest, I'm having a bad time getting into this whole hockey in August thing.... we're losing an American like every 80 seconds with no end in sight... empty arenas... fake crowd noise... I don't know... it's all just to weird, right now.
I hear ya. It's not the same.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:04 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm

You might try giving the Canucks some credit. Coaching and goaltending was the biggest reason I said we needed face the Flames in round 1 and the Canucks have proved me right through the first 2 games. 5 on 5 hockey means squat when you're on the losing end of the scoreboard every game.
Also when I say coaching...it's not just about Travis Greene...its their whole staff and they figured something out on Binner for sure....if you don't believe me, just ask Bo Horvat.
I think that’s giving coaches too much credit. I think Binner is just off. Not tracking any pucks well at all.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:25 pm Well we got the one Cup. Thats all most of us were asking for, right?
To be honest, I'm having a bad time getting into this whole hockey in August thing.... we're losing an American like every 80 seconds with no end in sight... empty arenas... fake crowd noise... I don't know... it's all just to weird, right now.
I pretty much agree. No matter how much I try, it's not the same thing. To be honest, at least for me, the Cup doesn't carry the same importance it held prior to the pandemic.

barnburner wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:09 pm
I pretty much agree. No matter how much I try, it's not the same thing. To be honest, at least for me, the Cup doesn't carry the same importance it held prior to the pandemic.
Totally agree Barn... Win or lose, it's going to be an asterisk cup for me.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:22 pm

If the Blues lose out I won't be watching any more hockey. I'm not watching any other games as it is.

Robb_K wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:45 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:43 pm The Blues haven’t won a series they were down 0-2 in since 1972 or something
That doesn't sound right! I seem to remember them being down 2-0 and coming back to win a series some time within the last 5-6 years. Was it against The Stars? Or The Wild? I even seem to remember one against The Blackhawks (both within the last 10 years).
1971-1972 against the Minnesota Northstars.
I went through all their playoff runs and that's the most recent time it's happened for the Blues.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

BluesSK wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 pm

If the Blues lose out I won't be watching any more hockey. I'm not watching any other games as it is.
Not me. I've watched at least part of almost every game since they started back up, even the "pre season" games. I just miss hockey so much and baseball just sucks, so I'm all in. My second favorite team is the Flyers, so I've got that to look forward to, I guess.

Not a fan of the NBA. I did enjoy the Premier League until it finished up. NASCAR now gives out participation trophies, so it's not really a sport any longer. Golf can hold my attention for about 5 minutes. Hockey is where it's at, sports wise.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:56 pm So the pizza wasn't the answer, eh?
Fucking Petro fucked the pizza thing up.....
He did. You’re right. I’m watching the game again and he just fell asleep watching the play. I appreciate his aggressiveness in attacking and going for that goal but not once did he look back to see where Gunnarson was positioned. Didn’t think about getting back to the point once during that sequence.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:49 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:44 pm

He was in Lala land.

Binnington's been in Lala land the whole series.
he hasn't been good but credit the Canucks coaching staff.....they figured something out in regards to JB50
The thing they seem to have figured out is "shoot it on net".
:lol:

I would seriously consider putting Allen in as a starter. Let Binner stew and come back in a relief roll. Maybe that will ignite him. Allen looked good against Dallas. WTF, we need to do something. This was the game Binner had to show up and he didn’t. Not sure if we can expect anything different from him in game 3. Another performance like that in net and we’re done.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:34 pmTo be honest, I'm having a bad time getting into this whole hockey in August thing.... we're losing an American like every 80 seconds with no end in sight... empty arenas... fake crowd noise... I don't know... it's all just to weird, right now.
And the Blues will be sitting on their asterisks, in a time-honored tradition.