GDT: St Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks - 7/29 5:30 (CT) - TV:FSMW; NBCSN, NHLN Radio:101.1, NHL App

HOCKEY IS BACK BITCHES!!!

So fucking happy to see a game tonight. Watched a bit of the Penguins/Flyers and Leafs/Canadians, and was pumped up, players looked good, how they did the stands looked as good as it could with the covers on them, and the sound was good from what I heard.

Let's GO BLUES!!!
BLUES AT BLACKHAWKS
When: Wednesday, July 29 at 5:30 p.m. CT
Where: Rogers Place in Edmonton
Watch Local: FOX Sports Midwest Plus, FOX Sports GO
Watch National: NBC Sports Network (Joined in Progress), NHL Network
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App

It's been more than four months since hockey suddenly paused due to the coronavirus pandemic, but the wait for it to resume is finally over.

The St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks will meet on Wednesday at Rogers Place in Edmonton - the site of all Western Conference games in the 24-team, two-hub city format.

Wednesday's game won't count - it's only an exhibition - but it will whet the appetites of fans who are anxious to see the Blues back in action as they pursue a second consecutive Stanley Cup championship.

"We know the rivalry we have with Chicago," said Blues defenseman Colton Parayko. "They're always intense games, they're always fun. I think just in general with where we're at here, it's going to be a good game no matter who we're going to play. It's going to be important for us to just learn from it."

BLUES The St. Louis Blues paused the regular season one day after a 4-2 win against the Anaheim Ducks on March 11. The game served as a make-up for an incident in February when defenseman Jay Bouwmeester suffered a cardiac episode.

With 71 games played, the Blues sat in first place in the Western Conference with a 42-19-10 record (94 points) at the pause.

After Wednesday's exhibition matchup, the Blues will play three round-robin games (Aug. 2 at Colorado, Aug. 6 vs. Vegas and Aug. 9 vs. Dallas) to determine their seeding for the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"(This is) our only exhibition game before the real thing starts," Blues Head Coach Craig Berube said of Wednesday's matchup with Chicago. "We need to get our structure down and get after it. That's what I'm looking forward to."

BLACKHAWKS The Chicago Blackhawks were six points out of a Wild Card spot in the Western Conference when the NHL season paused and were likely to miss out on a chance to compete for the Stanley Cup.

But the NHL's 24-team playoff format now gives them hope.

When the Stanley Cup Qualifiers begin, the Blackhawks will face the Edmonton Oilers in a best-of-5 series to determine who will reach the final field of 16.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/preview- ... =282288828
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks - 7/29 5:30 (CT) - TV:FSMW; NBCSN, NHLN Radio:101.1, NHL App

Man, the Berube Blues get a clean slate to defend their title. Actually this virus plays to our favor. Blues were pooping out. Binnington was mentally fatigued. It would of taken time for Tarasenko to get back up to par, probably the 2nd round and that's if the Blues were still playing. O'Reilly was beat up. From a Blues perspective, you can't ask for a better opportunity. Sit back, get refreshed, get healthy and come back and do what you always wanted to do in the first place ----- go win another Cup and make it 2 straight. Watch out NHL!

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks - 7/29 5:30 (CT) - TV:FSMW; NBCSN, NHLN Radio:101.1, NHL App

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:55 am Man, the Berube Blues get a clean slate to defend their title. Actually this virus plays to our favor. Blues were pooping out. Binnington was mentally fatigued. It would of taken time for Tarasenko to get back up to par, probably the 2nd round and that's if the Blues were still playing. O'Reilly was beat up. From a Blues perspective, you can't ask for a better opportunity. Sit back, get refreshed, get healthy and come back and do what you always wanted to do in the first place ----- go win another Cup and make it 2 straight. Watch out NHL!
I think we're being underrated because all the hockey writers think the Blues are still tired and beat up?

Looking forward to this one, go kick the crap out of Kane, Johnny intagibles, and punchy Crawford!

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:55 am Man, the Berube Blues get a clean slate to defend their title. Actually this virus plays to our favor. Blues were pooping out. Binnington was mentally fatigued. It would of taken time for Tarasenko to get back up to par, probably the 2nd round and that's if the Blues were still playing. O'Reilly was beat up. From a Blues perspective, you can't ask for a better opportunity. Sit back, get refreshed, get healthy and come back and do what you always wanted to do in the first place ----- go win another Cup and make it 2 straight. Watch out NHL!
They'd won 10 of their last 12, so I don't think they were "pooping out". It was a big benefit to get a fully healthy Tarasenko back, that's for sure, but every other team got fully healthy too. I actually wonder if the pause hurts the Blues more than most teams since in theory the whole league is fresh and less prone to being ground down by the Blues aggressive forecheck. To me this whole thing is about the goalies, even more so than a typical year. The teams who's goalies get back up to speed quickest are going to have a huge edge. The Blues are probably going to be able to get back to their structure faster than most given the veteran nature of the club and since most of the roster has been together for so long, but if Binnington isn't ready to go, it won't matter. I'm not saying he won't be, just saying that's what I'll be looking for. Is this just highlighting the obvious? Probably.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

barnburner wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:35 pm Bad thing about the Blues and Cards playing in the same time of year, is the Blues are probably get bounced off FSMW quite a few times. Supposed to be on FSMW Plus, but I don't know if Hulu is going have Plus or not. Guess I'll find out in afew hours.
Blues are bounced tonight. You can watch via the fox sports go app if your cable/satellite provider doesn’t offer the FSMW plus channel
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Mixed reviews on that PP. They had quite a bit of good puck movement, and even got some good shots off, but they also fumbled the puck some.

Binnington made a great save on Kane all alone. Binnington has been reading plays well, anticipating well, and being very aware. He's been in the right place at the right time. That's a good sign considering he hasn't played anything but practice since March.