Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:36 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:04 pm Some awards news today:

and:

I've seen some surprise from local media that Petro didn't get nominated. I thought he'd miss out, but finish top 5 based on what the award has become. I think Josi or Carlson take it home this year. Josi would get my vote out of those 3.
I know his production tailed off but I think Carlson wins the Norris hands down.
Probably. He was absurdly productive early on and built up that campaign momentum. I just recall seeing enough Josi headlines later on that I think he might catch up, particularly with his defensive reputation. I know a lot of times when people complain about the award, they lament that it's simply become the best offensive defenseman. To that end the nominees are the top 3 point producing defenseman this year. While I'd like the Norris winner to not be a liability in his own end, I don't think a crazy productive offensive season should be overlooked. For instance the year Mike Green scored 31 goals in 68 games but still finished second to Chara is a tough one for me. Maybe the pendulum has swung too far the other way now. I don't know I'm rambling. In conclusion, hockey is good.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Yeah leave Petro out of the voting he's got enough ammo to get a big contract as it is. Realistically I'd put him at 3rd or 4th from this year's play thus far.
Hedman's #2 is McDonagh/Sergachev Josi's #2 is Ekholm and Carlson's #2 is Orlov. Clearly Petro has a much better supporting cast on D around him than these other guys Parayko takes some real tough assignments that frees up Petro to unleash more offense the past few years. I'm quite comfortable seeing Petro as a 4th place Norris vote this season.

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:05 pm I think Carlson wins it and I think we find out that Petro finished 4th. Frankly, that's good news relative to his contract situation.
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:12 pm Yeah leave Petro out of the voting he's got enough ammo to get a big contract as it is. Realistically I'd put him at 3rd or 4th from this year's play thus far.
Hedman's #2 is McDonagh/Sergachev Josi's #2 is Ekholm and Carlson's #2 is Orlov. Clearly Petro has a much better supporting cast on D around him than these other guys Parayko takes some real tough assignments that frees up Petro to unleash more offense the past few years. I'm quite comfortable seeing Petro as a 4th place Norris vote this season.
Fingers crossed we get a good deal out of him that will not break the bank.

If there had been no interruption it seemed like the buzz was most heavily focused on Draisatl. The more the reporters talked about it during the pause, some of the shine seemed to come off his absurdly good season. I think any of those 3 would win it, but my vote would be for MacKinnon as well.

I just see it as most valuable to your team and Leon just isn’t that. Panarin was very good early on but there were times when you could argue Zibanejad was just as important. Nate Mac though ...he carries his team.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:48 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:57 pm Hart Finalist are Draisatl. McKinnon. Panarin
Seems the PHWA have picked their favorites? I am surprised about Panarin.
He had a great year, but probably wouldn't have made it if the playoffs weren't expanded. Once they widened the field he was close to a lock given his production and the Rangers outpacing expectation. The guy that I've seen get some love but didn't make the cut was Helleybuck. The fact that they made the playoffs with 1-2 NHL quality defensemen was very impressive. His fancy stats (and regular ones) were through the roof. If he doesn't win the Vezina it's a sham vote. Pretty surprising given his down year last season.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 am... The Blues can escape Enterprise Center but not Country Roads. Country Roads actually works 10 times better this way than it does during a regular home game, but they're still not in West Virginia.
But how do you know that? Didn't it seem odd to you that the League started the RTP talk with strong indications that there was no way they could play out 2019-20 in Canada, then seemingly on a dime (or a looney) the "bubbles" end up in TOR & EDM? With no fans there to confirm or deny the location of game play, maybe they really ARE playing in WVa. :?

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:08 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 am... The Blues can escape Enterprise Center but not Country Roads. Country Roads actually works 10 times better this way than it does during a regular home game, but they're still not in West Virginia.
But how do you know that? Didn't it seem odd to you that the League started the RTP talk with strong indications that there was no way they could play out 2019-20 in Canada, then seemingly on a dime (or a looney) the "bubbles" end up in TOR & EDM? With no fans there to confirm or deny the location of game play, maybe they really ARE playing in WVa. :?
Pretty hard for them to have NHL quality ice in a state that doesn't have electricity yet.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:45 am Gotta be honest, watching baseball( a sport I dont normally watch on TV unless its the playoffs) has me pretty jacked off for hockey season to return. Drop the puck and the gloves!
My stance is changing, I’m looking forward to watching some hockey but I still hate that next season is going to be fucked as well. I’ll be glued to the tv next weekend though.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:45 am Gotta be honest, watching baseball( a sport I dont normally watch on TV unless its the playoffs) has me pretty jacked off for hockey season to return. Drop the puck and the gloves!
My stance is changing, I’m looking forward to watching some hockey but I still hate that next season is going to be fucked as well. I’ll be glued to the tv next weekend though.
Oh it 100% still won't be a legit stanley cup champion in Dread's history book, but it'll be fun to watch and give me another excuse to drink.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:33 am
Oh it 100% still won't be a legit stanley cup champion in Dread's history book, but it'll be fun to watch and give me another excuse to drink.
If the Blues win, you better change your tune! Berube won’t want to hear any of that shit if they repeat. I think if a favorite wins it, then no one can bitch. If Carolina or the Rangers or any of the other pretenders like Calgary, then yeah, count me in that this was tainted.

I had my over/under at number of pitches I would actually watch at 20. Still didn’t bother to watch last night. Have zero interest in baseball. Hockey tournament is going to be fun as heck.

BillP. wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:19 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:33 am

If the Blues win, you better change your tune! Berube won’t want to hear any of that shit if they repeat. I think if a favorite wins it, then no one can bitch. If Carolina or the Rangers or any of the other pretenders like Calgary, then yeah, count me in that this was tainted.
We won an untainted Cup last year. Someone has to win this one to, so I'd prefer it be us. Give me the taint!!!