Re: Seattle Team Name Announcement

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:59 am The orange & teal reveal? Those sneaky bastards bought the rights to the Islanders' famed Fisherman branding!

225fedb8870df008[1].jpg
Pretty sure it’s Salmon red not orange. The website for the last year has indicated team colors similar to those of the WHL’s Kelowna Rockets
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:59 am The orange & teal reveal? Those sneaky bastards bought the rights to the Islanders' famed Fisherman branding!

225fedb8870df008[1].jpg
I see some people on the Seattle board saying they see orange too...others believe it’s Salmon red. The gloves on the girl seem to be where everybody thinks it might be orange. I’m still going with Salmon red though.
They have an opportunity to bring their own color scheme into the league.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:48 am

225fedb8870df008[1].jpg
Pretty sure it’s Salmon red not orange. The website for the last year has indicated team colors similar to those of the WHL’s Kelowna Rockets
I've got a Rockets jersey. "Salmon red" is not what I'd call the color, but the combo could work in several shades.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:17 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:48 am

225fedb8870df008[1].jpg
I've got a Rockets jersey. "Salmon red" is not what I'd call the color, but the combo could work in several shades.
Yeah the rockets have a darker red for sure.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:19 am Missed opportunity not going with Kraken
I don't know that'd I'd rule it out. Personally I would've fired whoever suggested it, but you could have a salmon, orange or teal kraken since they are A. too deep in the ocean to see with true colors and B. 100% fictional.
You can't prove that
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:53 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:19 am Missed opportunity not going with Kraken
I don't know that'd I'd rule it out. Personally I would've fired whoever suggested it, but you could have a salmon, orange or teal kraken since they are A. too deep in the ocean to see with true colors and B. 100% fictional.
You can't prove that
I better stop this line of conversation right now. I don't want any of you to find out I'm really a kraken...oh shit I just wrote it didn't I? Where's the damn backspace key? Crap, a blobfish just swam off with it! CURSE YOU WESTLEY!!!!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Just by saying “comes to life” leads me to believe it’s Kraken. Bringing a mythological sea creature to life.
I will admit the Seattle Sound does sound good but I don’t know how you work that in with the Sounders who are huge in Seattle.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 am Just by saying “comes to life” leads me to believe it’s Kraken. Bringing a mythological sea creature to life.
I will admit the Seattle Sound does sound good but I don’t know how you work that in with the Sounders who are huge in Seattle.
I agree, I think it's going to be Kraken and they'll double as an arena lacrosse team, which is what that team name seems appropriate for.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:41 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 am Just by saying “comes to life” leads me to believe it’s Kraken. Bringing a mythological sea creature to life.
I agree, I think it's going to be Kraken and they'll double as an arena lacrosse team, which is what that team name seems appropriate for.
I actually don’t hate Kraken...it’s not my favorite by any means but it does have a nice ring to it and a lot of their would be fans are on board

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:14 am It's official:

My thoughts summed up:

I think the logo is pretty cool, but the team name is going to age poorly. I like everything besides the name, which is a pretty important part of team identity in my estimation.
What about Kraken won't age well? Do you think people will sour on giant monsters because Lovecraft was a racist?