Re-Training Camp

Long way to go for the League to actually pull off the Playoffs, but for now I'm just happy there are hockey players on the ice. Let's take a moment for one of our favorite pastimes...BREAKING DOWN PRACTICE LINES/PAIRINGS!!!

Walman seems to be cosplaying as Parayko who was absent today, along with Bortuzzo.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Re-Training Camp

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:31 pm If this tournament goes thru, Blues will repeat. And Binnington will get Conn Smythe this time. Just sayin......................
There is no doubt in my mind that the 2020 Conn Smythe winner is gonna be this guy
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:04 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:31 pm If this tournament goes thru, Blues will repeat. And Binnington will get Conn Smythe this time. Just sayin......................
There is no doubt in my mind that the 2020 Conn Smythe winner is gonna be this guy0A08C11D-4191-4E76-851C-B1C97BBC3300.jpeg
I assume you're talking about one of the blurred out fans sitting in the front row.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:04 pm
There is no doubt in my mind that the 2020 Conn Smythe winner is gonna be this guy0A08C11D-4191-4E76-851C-B1C97BBC3300.jpeg
I'll take that. I still think this guy rocks and am happy we got him. The Faulk line is going to erupt and bring a Cup!!

barnburner wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 pm
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 pm Holy shit I totally forgot Brouwer was on the team.
I had assumed he retired.
Maybe The NHL will allow extra-large rosters because of Covid-19, and that will extend Brouwer's career, not only allowing him to play in this year's playoffs, but next regular season, as well.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 pm
barnburner wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 pm
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:57 pm Holy shit I totally forgot Brouwer was on the team.
I had assumed he retired.
Maybe The NHL will allow extra-large rosters because of Covid-19, and that will extend Brouwer's career, not only allowing him to play in this year's playoffs, but next regular season, as well.
Hope so.

So that's good. The other thing I find interesting is that Faulk has been skating with Dunn each of the last two days. That would seem to imply he's going to be on the third pair on his strong side rather than flipping him to the left and moving him up. I think that's the prudent move for all parties.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:47 am

So that's good. The other thing I find interesting is that Faulk has been skating with Dunn each of the last two days. That would seem to imply he's going to be on the third pair on his strong side rather than flipping him to the left and moving him up. I think that's the prudent move for all parties.
Hard to believe we'll be seeing hockey soon. I mean we're what, 3 weeks away?

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:47 am

Hard to believe we'll be seeing hockey soon. I mean we're what, 3 weeks away?
Less than 3 weeks! Play in series start 8/1, and most teams are playing 1-2 exhibition games before that. They all just need to get themselves safely into the bubble and we'll be able to watch some summer hockey.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:13 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 pmHard to believe we'll be seeing hockey soon. I mean we're what, 3 weeks away?
Less than 3 weeks! Play in series start 8/1, and most teams are playing 1-2 exhibition games before that. They all just need to get themselves safely into the bubble and we'll be able to watch some summer hockey.
Imagine those sneaky NHL suits, stealing the August thunder of their bitter rivals the Australian Ice Hockey League.

So one thing I've noticed based on the practice groupings so far is that the odd forward out at the moment appears to be Barbashev. This doesn't mean a lot at the moment since they'll have an exhibition game as well as another couple weeks of camp, but Barbashev can't be feeling secure at the moment. Forward group at the moment appears to be:

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko (lovely to see that group again)
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Blais-Thomas-Bozak
MacEachern-Sundqvist-Steen

Obvoiusly you can switch Barby with MacMac pretty easily. Maybe they just want Barbashev to get some reps at center during camp as he's been skating between Kostin and Poganski so far. As I write it, I bet that's the case and that Barby will be back on that 4th line when the puck drops for real, but it'll be something to lookout for.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 am So one thing I've noticed based on the practice groupings so far is that the odd forward out at the moment appears to be Barbashev. This doesn't mean a lot at the moment since they'll have an exhibition game as well as another couple weeks of camp, but Barbashev can't be feeling secure at the moment. Forward group at the moment appears to be:

Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Blais-Thomas-Bozak

Obvoiusly you can switch Barby with MacMac pretty easily. Maybe they just want Barbashev to get some reps at center during camp as he's been skating between Kostin and Poganski so far. As I write it, I bet that's the case and that Barby will be back on that 4th line when the puck drops for real, but it'll be something to lookout for.
Barbashev's wife is expecting their first child in August. The story wasn't specific as to when in August, but apparently he is going to be allowed to leave the bubble for the birth of his child then be allowed to return to Edmonton. Upon his return, he will have to quarantine for 14 days away from the other players, so he will miss an entire playoff series for this. It sucks, but Chief is preparing for the inevitable.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 am So one thing I've noticed based on the practice groupings so far is that the odd forward out at the moment appears to be Barbashev. This doesn't mean a lot at the moment since they'll have an exhibition game as well as another couple weeks of camp, but Barbashev can't be feeling secure at the moment. Forward group at the moment appears to be:

Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Blais-Thomas-Bozak

Don't if it has anything to do with how reps are being divvied up, but, I believe on 101espn thing were talking about Barbashev's wife is expecting and that she is due shortly after play resumes.

They said that birth of a child is an allowed reason to leave the bubble. Don't recall what the guidelines were to return after the life event.

No real surprises, but it looks like Dunn's absence has created a worst case scenario for Faulk. He's on the 3rd pairing AND on his off side. I'd rather flip him and Bortuzzo, but what do I know. I suppose that Black Aces line is noteworthy in the sense that they'll probably be the first men up in case of injury. Bummer for Kostin, but I think Kyrou is ahead of him in terms of a top 9 winger role at this point, and DLR/Brouwer can fill different needs.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:02 am
No real surprises, but it looks like Dunn's absence has created a worst case scenario for Faulk. He's on the 3rd pairing AND on his off side. I'd rather flip him and Bortuzzo, but what do I know. I suppose that Black Aces line is noteworthy in the sense that they'll probably be the first men up in case of injury. Bummer for Kostin, but I think Kyrou is ahead of him in terms of a top 9 winger role at this point, and DLR/Brouwer can fill different needs.
Forgive me, it's been awhile but wasn't Scandella playing with Petro before the stoppage? Wasn't that pair dominating or was he always with Parayko?

Time for Brouwer to make BillP right.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:22 am
Forgive me, it's been awhile but wasn't Scandella playing with Petro before the stoppage? Wasn't that pair dominating or was he always with Parayko?

Yes!! That reminds me, last Tuesday on 101.1 they had a hockey show on called This week in hockey and it was Kerber and Vitale and it was good. Have to remember to check in and see if it's on tonight. Anyway Vitale last week was glowing about Brouwer, saying he looks like he's in the best shape of his life, he's playing his ass off, looks great out there and here's a guy who's career is practically over with and his attitude and work ethic is phenomenal. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see him out there. I imagine during the round robin he'll get a chance, hopefully he makes it happen. It's possible that guys like him might have the edge over some of the younger guys in that they know how to find their game quicker and play to the system quicker. We'll see. Kerbs and Vitale were saying that during the round robin the Blues will have the advantage in that they'll able to tinker more as opposed to the other teams fighting for the play in.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:22 am

I think Scandella slid into the JayBo role from the playoffs alongside Parayko for most of his time here I believe.

And I will never forgive you, you know what you did.