Re: Multiple Blues players test positive for Covid

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:23 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:14 pm Oh noes...they tested positive which means they’ve had it for awhile already and didn’t even know it.....shocker.
?? having it for a while and not knowing it isn't a positive...

From a hockey sense, thats exactly what's going to make this whole thing a waste of time when it sweeps through an entire team.
We can’t run and hide forever
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:14 pm Oh noes...they tested positive which means they’ve had it for awhile already and didn’t even know it.....shocker.

From a hockey sense, thats exactly what's going to make this whole thing a waste of time when it sweeps through an entire team.
Agreed. But maybe while the cases are completely out of control we shouldn't be just acting like nothing is going on. I don't pretend to have the answer, but one thing I'm certain of, our country has done a piss poor job of dealing with this. Even Mexico doesn't want us visiting lol.

Ok. But who are you debating that with because I've never seen that point made?

Are the Blues players supposed to just play on?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:14 pm

If the goal is to play the rest of this season out then yes, they just need to play. If we stay this same course, everything will be on lockdown forever.
Tons of people out there walking around infected and don’t know it. Life has to go on.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:51 am

If the goal is to play the rest of this season out then yes, they just need to play. If we stay this same course, everything will be on lockdown forever.
Tons of people out there walking around infected and don’t know it. Life has to go on.
So just play on and have it spread through not just the players but the coaches and training staff too? I feel like there's got to be a better solution than that. There's some old men coaching in this league.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:00 am

So just play on and have it spread through not just the players but the coaches and training staff too? I feel like there's got to be a better solution than that. There's some old men coaching in this league.
It’s just a flu....you either beat it or you don’t. 98% of people beat it just fine and yes my family has been affected by it. My wife’s grandpa came down with it in his nursing home and died on Memorial Day. He was 94 with some other health issues. Life still has to go on.
As for old men coaching...if they aren’t healthy and have existing conditions then keep them away If that’s the answer. Let everybody make their own decision on how they want to proceed.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:50 am

It’s just a flu....you either beat it or you don’t. 98% of people beat it just fine and yes my family has been affected by it. My wife’s grandpa came down with it in his nursing home and died on Memorial Day. He was 94 with some other health issues. Life still has to go on.
As for old men coaching...if they aren’t healthy and have existing conditions then keep them away If that’s the answer. Let everybody make their own decision on how they want to proceed.
I guess you can keep downplaying the impact of multiple players testing positive and what it'll mean when it happens during the restart. The players aren't going to volunteer to get Covid by playing with positive players. If this happens to a team in a month, they are done.

Have a great 4th bud. Cheers to you and your family

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:03 am

I guess you can keep downplaying the impact of multiple players testing positive and what it'll mean when it happens during the restart. The players aren't going to volunteer to get Covid by playing with positive players. If this happens to a team in a month, they are done.

Then shut it down all together....which I wish they would do anyway. Maybe we can play hockey again in 5 years.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:35 am

Then shut it down all together....which I wish they would do anyway. Maybe we can play hockey again in 5 years.
I support this. We'll almost be done with Faulk's contract by then

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:35 am

I support this. We'll almost be done with Faulk's contract by then
Nope...contracts would slide if there is no hockey !

"Suck a dick Johansen"

What do we think the odds are the NHL is going to announce the cancellation of the season now? Target date was supposed Aug 1st and there has been no formal announcement. Phase 3 which was actual camp has to be in serious jeopardy now. Have to think some players are going to opt out and if that starts happening then they might as well shut it down.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:38 am What do we think the odds are the NHL is going to announce the cancellation of the season now? Target date was supposed Aug 1st and there has been no formal announcement. Phase 3 which was actual camp has to be in serious jeopardy now. Have to think some players are going to opt out and if that starts happening then they might as well shut it down.
Yeah, it ain’t happening. Not with the news reports going on. So fucked up. I can’t believe how long it’s been and how long it’s going to be before we see sports again.

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:38 am What do we think the odds are the NHL is going to announce the cancellation of the season now? Target date was supposed Aug 1st and there has been no formal announcement. Phase 3 which was actual camp has to be in serious jeopardy now. Have to think some players are going to opt out and if that starts happening then they might as well shut it down.
I think it comes down to how much money they would lose in their TV contract for not providing a cup playoff.

Dream scenery, cancel this season, all remaining teams have an equal chance for the #1 pick, Blues win it. Imagine.

I don't think we're anywhere near that point, though it may get there eventually. While there have been positive tests on many teams, that was bound to happen and was surely expected by all parties. Before a cancellation they'll delay things. I don't think the games are in any jeopardy until you start getting a bunch of positive tests inside the hub city bubbles. At that point they're in trouble. Still think odds that the season is finished is around 50/50.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:29 am
I think it comes down to how much money they would lose in their TV contract for not providing a cup playoff.

Dream scenery, cancel this season, all remaining teams have an equal chance for the #1 pick, Blues win it. Imagine.
Good point about the number 1 pick still hanging out there. I think the original reports were that the NHL was looking at a 1.1 billion dollar loss for the season. That’s gotta hurt.

The league has already announced that the bottom 4 seeds from each conference will have an equal chance at the #1 pick. The top 16 teams will seed based on regular season winning percentage for picks 16-31.

Reportedly, this came from a meeting of several players in a bar.
I hope that's not true. With the season on shaky ice anyway, for the players to not (apparently) follow all the guidelines to stay healthy, raises questions about their commitment to the team.

That said, considering how this virus is exploding all around the country, I have serious questions about the professional sports being able to complete any sort of a season this year.

jmo.

MissouriMook wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:21 pm

The league has already announced that the bottom 4 seeds from each conference will have an equal chance at the #1 pick. The top 16 teams will seed based on regular season winning percentage for picks 16-31.
No playoffs, every team should have a chance at the lottery