Re: Random Blues history / memories thread

Matangama wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:26 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:31 pm In the Blues list of things that happened last post season, this has to be near the top. Also, the sounds on this clip are pure sex.

Yeah, that’s when I first thought things might be different this time!

By the way, I also love the picture from that game. I don’t know this guy, but I’ve still been tempted to frame this picture!6D334C6E-10D6-4FDD-83EA-A09E622EC8C4.jpeg
Haha photoshop your face onto him
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:54 pm
BillP. wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:07 am Bozak got stuck on the ice, couldn’t come off for line change, and then Schwartz deflecting that puck on the forehand in mid air. What a goal!
I might be wrong, but I thought Bozak had just come on because Schenn broke his stick. Either way, ill take it!
That sounds like the story I remember too. That he wasn't even supposed to be on the ice at that moment.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I'm struck by so much watching this video. Haven't seen this footage since it was live 22 years ago. Some thoughts below:

-This 5 minute PP made possible by Geoff Courntall running the goalie and drawing the ire of some angry Kings.
-Damn Turgeon was good. He'd put up 100 points every year in today's game.
-Look at Ray Barile's hair!
-I completely forgot Hal Gill ever played for the Blues
-LOL at 90s hooking/water-skiing. I remember it of course, but you don't see it in most highlights from those days because most of the highlights are all of guys like Bure burning through guys that had to try to hook/grab to slow them down.
-Hey that Kings head coach looks familiar!
-In case you were wondering, yes that is our dear friend Darren Pang absolving the goalie of any responsibility of the 4 goals allowed (well maybe not the last one).
-This was always the high point of the year for this era of Blues. The last moment of glory before getting their hearts ripped out by the Red Wings.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 am I'm struck by so much watching this video. Haven't seen this footage since it was live 22 years ago. Some thoughts below:

-This 5 minute PP made possible by Geoff Courntall running the goalie and drawing the ire of some angry Kings.
-Damn Turgeon was good. He'd put up 100 points every year in today's game.
-Look at Ray Barile's hair!
-I completely forgot Hal Gill ever played for the Blues
-LOL at 90s hooking/water-skiing. I remember it of course, but you don't see it in most highlights from those days because most of the highlights are all of guys like Bure burning through guys that had to try to hook/grab to slow them down.
-Hey that Kings head coach looks familiar!
-In case you were wondering, yes that is our dear friend Darren Pang absolving the goalie of any responsibility of the 4 goals allowed (well maybe not the last one).
-This was always the high point of the year for this era of Blues. The last moment of glory before getting their hearts ripped out by the Red Wings.
This is great stuff. Still got this on VHS tape. Went to bed after the 2nd period so I didn't see it live. This was the year where ESPN had picked the Blues to win the Stanley Cup before the playoffs started. We had a heck of a big 3 on defense with Big Mac, Prongs and Duchesne.

I agree, Turgeon would be fun to watch in today's free skating game. The guy could make plays. Kopitar reminds me of him sometimes.

You're right, Hal Gill. Who's he - ha

Blues stole that game!!!

BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:30 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:56 pmIt was Todd Gill
That’s right. No wonder I was like Hal Gill? :lol:

You know I was watching the 87 Canada Cup recently and I realized the Blues had 3 of those Russian defensemen here in Kravchuck, Gusarov and Kasatonov. Weird
You ever hear that Gusarov story from Tkachuk? Talked about what a goofball Gusarov was. Walt said after getting beat in the playoffs, they hated having to go through that hand shake like that year..2001 I believe it was. Anyway he said they were all distraught and as they are going through the line, here comes their teammate Gusarov coming towards them smiling and shaking their hands! :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"