Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:15 am Here's a little fancy stats summary of all the teams that got byes in the West. Blue line is the team's expected goals for (I assume a rolling average) and the red line is expected goals against. This measures how well the skaters are playing, but does not account for goaltending.

The whole thread is an easy way to refresh your memory on how teams played throughout the season. Handy since it's been so long. It's also a pretty strong argument for giving Connor Hellebuyck the Hart.
I didn't know they gave the Hart for whining every time they let in a bad goal and blaming everybody else.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:10 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:39 pm Lol at these clowns starting the season in freaking August. Just wait another month and give us a full season for 20/21.
It's idiotic. I still think it's a publicity stunt to keep alive interest in the League.
yep. if it's truly for the smaller market teams, just throw this away and give a full regular season on time. quit fucking up the next few years entirely.

but the board sees this as an opportunity to try different things and see what people like, i bett. here's what we like: quit fucking with the game. go away.

BillP. wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:03 am 24 teams with a shot at the Cup. WTF, why not? How often will we get to see a wide open free for all? You can all bitch but you'll be watching...............
I’m sure I will watch but honestly right now I have a complete lack of interest. I don’t want hockey in August especially when I know it’s going to fuckup starting next season in October which is one of my favorite things in life every year. They will also be competing with College football come September and I’m not about to give that up.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:41 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:03 am 24 teams with a shot at the Cup. WTF, why not? How often will we get to see a wide open free for all? You can all bitch but you'll be watching...............
I’m sure I will watch but honestly right now I have a complete lack of interest. I don’t want hockey in August especially when I know it’s going to fuckup starting next season in October which is one of my favorite things in life every year. They will also be competing with College football come September and I’m not about to give that up.
How is this any different than a year when they would play the World Cup?

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:32 pm
The world cup doesn't really affect the season starting on time in October and I don't really care about that World cup of hockey anyway....it's not my favorite hockey or anything.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:38 am

The world cup doesn't really affect the season starting on time in October and I don't really care about that World cup of hockey anyway....it's not my favorite hockey or anything.
It in't ideal... what is?

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Figuring out a way to start the 20-21 season on time with fans in the stands. They are starting in August....another month and teams would have been reporting to training camp anyway.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:48 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pm

Figuring out a way to start the 20-21 season on time with fans in the stands. They are starting in August....another month and teams would have been reporting to training camp anyway.
There won't be any fans in any stands until January in my amateur, unlicensed medical opinion.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:20 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:37 pmIt in't ideal... what is?
There won't be any fans in any stands until January in my amateur, unlicensed medical opinion.
In what year do you figger, Doc?

Super League rugby was live on ESPN 2 last night and their stadium was packed. How can mass protesting here be ok , yet we can’t have fans in the stands at sporting events? We live in the Bizarro world

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:42 pm Super League rugby was live on ESPN 2 last night and their stadium was packed. How can mass protesting here be ok , yet we can’t have fans in the stands at sporting events? We live in the Bizarro world
It's almost like one is a constitutional right and the other is a sporting event ;)

Hypothetical question for those on this board, if the NHL allowed fans for playoff games right now, would you go?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:00 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:42 pm Super League rugby was live on ESPN 2 last night and their stadium was packed. How can mass protesting here be ok , yet we can’t have fans in the stands at sporting events? We live in the Bizarro world
It's almost like one is a constitutional right and the other is a sporting event ;)

Hypothetical question for those on this board, if the NHL allowed fans for playoff games right now, would you go?
No.... just because things are opening back up, that doesn’t mean the danger has passed.... it just means that, right now, they have an empty hospital bed for you to die in.

Yes but not if I had to wear a mask

"Suck a dick Johansen"

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:00 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:20 pm
In what year do you figger, Doc?
No later than 2027.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:22 am

Yes but not if I had to wear a mask
:lol: :lol:
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:37 pm I like what MattyIce said today at work. He said Blues would win Cup against Montreal and get their evens with the Canadiens too.
Wouldn't that be cool!!!! 8-)
It’s gonna be the Class of 67 showdown...Blues vs Flyers! Which by the way I’m about ready to finally pull the trigger on a custom SuperChexx Pro ....Blues and Flyers of course. Getting close ....something I’ve been dreaming of since I was 16 or so.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:52 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:37 pm I like what MattyIce said today at work. He said Blues would win Cup against Montreal and get their evens with the Canadiens too.
Wouldn't that be cool!!!! 8-)
It’s gonna be the Class of 67 showdown...Blues vs Flyers! Which by the way I’m about ready to finally pull the trigger on a custom SuperChexx Pro ....Blues and Flyers of course. Getting close ....something I’ve been dreaming of since I was 16 or so.
This looks awesome!!!

I’ll take Flyers vs Blues. I grew up pulling for the Flyers as a kid. Hate that their jerseys have tilted more towards orange though. I liked them more back in the day.