Re: Cutting The Cable

I've had PlayStation Vue for over a year now and the only big complaint I have is the lack of NHL Network. It doesn't offer everything that DIRECTV did (which I had for 19 years) but I'm paying $35 instead of $120 per month and I'm much happier with what the freedom (no contract, no DVR fees, no regional sports fee, no HD fee, etc.) I have with Vue.

On a side note, I have an outdoor antenna and TiVo DVR for all of my locals (including sub-channels). I highly recommend anyone cutting the cord to consider getting a TiVo DVR. Two week guide, four tuners, 1TB of storage, commercial skip, and it's extremely user friendly. It means even if my internet goes down I've got tons of stuff to watch.

I jumped on the DirectvNow initial offer as it was just too good to pass up. 100 channels for $35 which is now around 110 channels. There were some growing pains for the first 3-4 months(we were basically beta testers) but the service has been really good since and the picture quality is outstanding.
I tried Sling and PS Vue but i didn't think the pic quality was as good. With that said, if something happened and I had to choose another service, I'd go back to PSVue without hesitation.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I have the $75 version of PS Vue. I love it. HBO, Showtime, NBCSports, FS MW, KMOV and Fox2 if I need local for any reason. I'm good. There is a dip in picture quality sometimes, but I think it's also my wireless as my wife is typically watching Netflix on a machine upstairs as well as being on her phone drawing WiFi. So, no big complaint really. I miss NHL Network but it's not an essential for me.

wannabebluesplayer wrote:I have the $75 version of PS Vue. I love it. HBO, Showtime, NBCSports, FS MW, KMOV and Fox2 if I need local for any reason. I'm good. There is a dip in picture quality sometimes, but I think it's also my wireless as my wife is typically watching Netflix on a machine upstairs as well as being on her phone drawing WiFi. So, no big complaint really. I miss NHL Network but it's not an essential for me.
I like the Sling interface more than VUE.

I "cut the cable" literally when I moved into my house 34 years ago. Florissant Cable Co. (or whatever they called it) was using double-coax feeds back then, and they went to very little trouble to bury their cables on the runs between the splitter box & the houses. So the first time I mowed my backyard, I got my foot hooked in a run of cable that had never been more than an inch below the ground. Out came my heavy duty wire cutters. I even yanked the runs out of my basement rafters later that weekend, to make sure NOBODY was ever tempted to subscribe.

ok i switched from ATT TV Now to Sling a few months ago. when researching, everything i read said FSMW was on sling, including in this thread. now that they are replaying games, i went looking and can't find it? i can log into foxsportsgo with sling, but don't see any upcoming blues broadcasts there either. what am i missing? can anyone help?

T.C. wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:56 am ok i switched from ATT TV Now to Sling a few months ago. when researching, everything i read said FSMW was on sling, including in this thread. now that they are replaying games, i went looking and can't find it? i can log into foxsportsgo with sling, but don't see any upcoming blues broadcasts there either. what am i missing? can anyone help?
Dude...they dropped it right before the hockey season started...I emailed them...they blamed Sinclair and said they were not getting FSMW. There is no affordable option to get FSMW...so Im going to go with YouTube TV once the season continues.

T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:44 amwell fuck. i wanted to watch some replays and the thing friday. hopefully someone will record and upload. so yeah, now before this dumb tournament thing i have to switch again.
Just a small preview of how you'll feel when you get REALLY old ...

b4cfe5ad920db598ed7412a7f47cc35a[1].jpg b4cfe5ad920db598ed7412a7f47cc35a[1].jpg Viewed 11072 times 15.92 KiB