Re: CORONAVIRUS [was: League Watch 2020]

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:04 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:15 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:12 pmWe've been drifting into a Monarchy/Oligarchy.... and some people think that that's great.
I'm more of a fan of Veronica than archy.

Veronica Lodge.jpg
If cartoons give you a stiffy, your soul is lost.
EVERYBODY'S soul is lost. That's why God gave us COVID-19. Might as well meet your Maker with your flag held high.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:04 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:15 am
I'm more of a fan of Veronica than archy.

Veronica Lodge.jpg
If cartoons give you a stiffy, your soul is lost.
EVERYBODY'S soul is lost. That's why God gave us COVID-19. Might as well meet your Maker with your flag held high.
Meet your Maker??? Ha! You and your flag will never get past St. Peter.

A friend of mine was hit in the face with a bottle of Jack Daniels by some little punk piece of shit...fractured six facial bones, dislocated his jaw, and broke his nose. The police released the guy an hour later because of the Roni. This little fuck told the cops my friend was standing too close to him (he hit him from behind), and they only gave him second degree assault. Fuck...keep your head on a swivel.
Attachments
robert burroughs.jpg robert burroughs.jpg Viewed 22283 times 9.38 KiB

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:07 pm A friend of mine was hit in the face with a bottle of Jack Daniels by some little punk piece of shit...fractured six facial bones, dislocated his jaw, and broke his nose. The police released the guy an hour later because of the Roni. This little fuck told the cops my friend was standing too close to him (he hit him from behind), and they only gave him second degree assault. Fuck...keep your head on a swivel.
... another reason to "Hunker down at home!"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:07 pm A friend of mine was hit in the face with a bottle of Jack Daniels by some little punk piece of shit...fractured six facial bones, dislocated his jaw, and broke his nose. The police released the guy an hour later because of the Roni. This little fuck told the cops my friend was standing too close to him (he hit him from behind), and they only gave him second degree assault. Fuck...keep your head on a swivel.
No shit!

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:33 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:34 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:07 pmA friend of mine was hit in the face with a bottle of Jack Daniels by some little punk piece of shit...fractured six facial bones, dislocated his jaw, and broke his nose. The police released the guy an hour later because of the Roni. This little fuck told the cops my friend was standing too close to him (he hit him from behind), and they only gave him second degree assault. Fuck...keep your head on a swivel.
No shit!
Where were the two of them when this assault occurred - O'Fallon Park? :?

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:10 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:17 pmSo whatever happened to this Coronavirus thing, anyway?
I was seeing some chatter about how the league is desperate to have some kind of a season to avoid losing a ton of money to obligations to media contracts and advertisers rolling over to next season.
Now you're really confusing me. I thought hockey was a sport, not a business. Is this that "woke" thing that all the kids are talking about lately?

I live in an old home and what I hate about it more than the ghosts are the centipedes. I Googled house centipede and it says they are beneficial and eat spiders. Is that supposed to be comforting? How is living in an insect war zone beneficial? Does this logic apply anywhere else? Don't chase the snakes out of your bed they eat the mice. Its good to let bears live in your closet because they keep the salmon population under control. Got roaches? Sprinkle some scorpions on the floor...they are natural enemies. Should you get a pet serial killer to protect your home from burglars? They are very territorial and fanatically loyal.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:44 pm I live in an old home and what I hate about it more than the ghosts are the centipedes. I Googled house centipede and it says they are beneficial and eat spiders. Is that supposed to be comforting? How is living in an insect war zone beneficial? Does this logic apply anywhere else? Don't chase the snakes out of your bed they eat the mice. Its good to let bears live in your closet because they keep the salmon population under control. Got roaches? Sprinkle some scorpions on the floor...they are natural enemies. Should you get a pet serial killer to protect your home from burglars? They are very territorial and fanatically loyal.
Many serial killers like to kill prostitutes, so you may want to re-think that one.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:44 pmI live in an old home and what I hate about it more than the ghosts are the centipedes. I Googled house centipede and it says they are beneficial and eat spiders. Is that supposed to be comforting? How is living in an insect war zone beneficial? Does this logic apply anywhere else? Don't chase the snakes out of your bed they eat the mice. Its good to let bears live in your closet because they keep the salmon population under control. Got roaches? Sprinkle some scorpions on the floor...they are natural enemies. Should you get a pet serial killer to protect your home from burglars? They are very territorial and fanatically loyal.
Many serial killers like to kill prostitutes, so you may want to re-think that one.
How does any of this nonsense relate to the pandemic? Or do I need to have @T.C. change the thread title for a second time? It ain't like he's got anything else to do.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:15 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:44 pmI live in an old home and what I hate about it more than the ghosts are the centipedes. I Googled house centipede and it says they are beneficial and eat spiders. Is that supposed to be comforting? How is living in an insect war zone beneficial? Does this logic apply anywhere else? Don't chase the snakes out of your bed they eat the mice. Its good to let bears live in your closet because they keep the salmon population under control. Got roaches? Sprinkle some scorpions on the floor...they are natural enemies. Should you get a pet serial killer to protect your home from burglars? They are very territorial and fanatically loyal.
How does any of this nonsense relate to the pandemic? Or do I need to have @T.C. change the thread title for a second time? It ain't like he's got anything else to do.
Them Arsenal Street strumpets better practice proper social distancing around the Capt'n unless they want a cement blanket in his basement.

Have any BNF members "dined in" since some areas have eased business restrictions? I'd be interested in hearing what anyone has experienced with infoor dining service. Me 'n' Mrs. JMC took a drive around West & Southwest STL County this afternoon, and it still looks like the vast majority of restaurant business is still either curbside (which we did for an ice cream stop) or drive-thru.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:39 pm Have any BNF members "dined in" since some areas have eased business restrictions? I'd be interested in hearing what anyone has experienced with infoor dining service. Me 'n' Mrs. JMC took a drive around West & Southwest STL County this afternoon, and it still looks like the vast majority of restaurant business is still either curbside (which we did for an ice cream stop) or drive-thru.
Still carry-out where I live... we bought an abandoned bank drive-thru and are having it relocated to the TDC property, Church members will be able to call in their orders, and charge their food and their weekly offering to their TDS-Express Card, and when they pull up, Calvin can shoot them some wings or ribs along with a copy of this weeks sermon, through the tube. Upon returning, the tube will drop into a U.V. disinfection chamber and be replaced with a newly disinfected one.