Re: St. Louis Blues 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!!!!!!!!!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:27 am A crazy thought crossed my mind yesterday: Could you guys imagine if the virus would have happened a year earlier during our magical run? The Blues never win the Cup. The roster may have been dismantled. Binnington never emerges. Hull doesn't get hammered on the public stage. No parade. The Blues would have been the ultimate cursed team.
Well I'm sure one of those things would've still happened.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:19 am
MattyIce wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:27 am A crazy thought crossed my mind yesterday: Could you guys imagine if the virus would have happened a year earlier during our magical run? The Blues never win the Cup. The roster may have been dismantled. Binnington never emerges. Hull doesn't get hammered on the public stage. No parade. The Blues would have been the ultimate cursed team.
The thought crossed my mind too. Off by a year.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 am
The thought crossed my mind too. Off by a year.
Another reason it was the greatest sports victory of all times.

Didn't need the bold text, Dave. And it's just as sure it won't be the last sad chapter of that part of the otherwise celebration-worthy story.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:06 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:57 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:48 pm 6 months later, Blues still living in Bruins fans' heads.

Is this @Bradley98 the alter ego of our @bradleygt89? There is a troll in our midst - SEIZE HIM!
Suck it Bruins fans. God love Bobby Orr but I never want to see him flying through the air on that goal again.
That's hysterical. A Bruins fan freaking out about a months old clip in which Binnington pushes a guy in the ass rather than the actual dirty play from Bortuzzo that he was suspended for. Best part is that the clip that didn't even involve the Bruins fan's team, hahaha. DAMN YOU FOR STOPPING ALL THOSE PUCKS IN JUNE, BINNINGTON!!!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:47 pm Everything this fool is saying proves my point. I will die on this hill.

This point is valid for one round of the playoffs, maybe two. But all 4 rounds? Not a chance in hell.

This is a butt hurt fan still trying to justify why his team lost. Don't get me wrong, I've been a butt hurt Blues fan, but I'm over it within 90 minutes of the Blues getting eliminated. Here we are, 10 months later, and this Beanhead Bostonian just can't let it go. Could it be that because of the Pats and Red Socks he thinks Boston deserves to win something ever year? Or maybe it's because Tom Brady is gone and the Red Socks aren't what they used to be and he can't handle that.

But, Boston tears are still sweet. It seems that Marchand isn't the only one crying over this.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:00 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:47 pm Everything this fool is saying proves my point. I will die on this hill.

This point is valid for one round of the playoffs, maybe two. But all 4 rounds? Not a chance in hell.

This is a butt hurt fan still trying to justify why his team lost. Don't get me wrong, I've been a butt hurt Blues fan, but I'm over it within 90 minutes of the Blues getting eliminated. Here we are, 10 months later, and this Beanhead Bostonian just can't let it go. Could it be that because of the Pats and Red Socks he thinks Boston deserves to win something ever year? Or maybe it's because Tom Brady is gone and the Red Socks aren't what they used to be and he can't handle that.

But, Boston tears are still sweet. It seems that Marchand isn't the only one crying over this.
2019 Blues demolish the 1984 Islanders

Something that seems to be lost on the fanbases of teams built around 2-3 superstars is that the team that wins it all isn't usually the one with the greatest collection of individual talent, it is the one that plays the best as a team. You need a solid game plan, great execution, and a collection of individuals willing to sacrifice their individual needs for the great good of the team. It's why McDavid + Draisaitl + 21 other guys don't stand a chance against a team that is built like (and plays like) the Blues even though they would go into a series with inarguably the two most talented players in the matchup. I hated the old Brian Sutter line that "hard work is a skill" because it isn't, but that doesn't mean that hard work can't beat skill.