Re: Mac Mac Coming Back

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:55 pm Looks like they're really trying to nail down all the RFAs. De La Rose is one I'm interested in seeing what happens with...not good enough to be in the top 12 when people are healthy but still a useful player.
I expect he'll still get a one way deal, but I think he starts next season as our 15th forward. Doubtful anyone claims him given how many times he's cleared in the past. Kind of like the new Paajarvi.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:31 pm I think that Faulk is gone before the draft, and Petro stays.
Normally, I’d say GM’s usually don’t like to admit their mistakes, especially this quickly. But if Army decides to dump Faulk, he’s got that fresh Stanley Cup in his back pocket and can tell his critics to suck his dick! Still, I’d be surprised to see it happen.

Matangama wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:49 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:31 pm I think that Faulk is gone before the draft, and Petro stays.
Normally, I’d say GM’s usually don’t like to admit their mistakes, especially this quickly. But if Army decides to dump Faulk, he’s got that fresh Stanley Cup in his back pocket and can tell his critics to suck his dick! Still, I’d be surprised to see it happen.
Not really a mistake...Faulk being signed long term makes him an major asset. Put him on the market, he'll bring back good value. If Army has to move him to keep Petro, I think that he'll move him.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:46 pm

2 years, 900k per. Good for him. I thought he was a career AHLer or a AAAA guy at best, but he's absolutely proven he belongs.
Has he though? Barring half the team being hurt, he can't crack the lineup, and can't even get in over DLR.....he's a Kostin call-up away from being in the minors. Anything over the league minimum is too much.

netboy65 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:25 am

2 years, 900k per. Good for him. I thought he was a career AHLer or a AAAA guy at best, but he's absolutely proven he belongs.
Has he though? Barring half the team being hurt, he can't crack the lineup, and can't even get in over DLR.....he's a Kostin call-up away from being in the minors. Anything over the league minimum is too much.
DLR vs. Mac is a Center vs. Wing thing. I think he's a clear NHL 4th liner. His problem is that he's part of the deepest forward group in the league. Guys like Kostin and Kyrou aren't going to be called up to grind away on the 4th line, so Mac is a fit for the role he's got. This is pretty much his ceiling as a player even if he doesn't play every night, but good for him for actually getting there.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Who the fuck is Blais' agent? Mac gets 2 at 900K per and Blais gets 750K. You got to be fuck'n kidding me. Did Mac even play 1 playoff game last year? When Blais has his game cookin, he's game. I believe he played a huge part in the first goal we got in Gm 7 against Bruins. Whatever, it's a bargain for the Blues and Blais is going to have to suck it up to earn his pay day.

BillP. wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:37 am Who the fuck is Blais' agent? Mac gets 2 at 900K per and Blais gets 750K. You got to be fuck'n kidding me. Did Mac even play 1 playoff game last year? When Blais has his game cookin, he's game. I believe he played a huge part in the first goal we got in Gm 7 against Bruins. Whatever, it's a bargain for the Blues and Blais is going to have to suck it up to earn his pay day.
Blais is getting $1.5/year starting next year.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:24 am

DLR vs. Mac is a Center vs. Wing thing. I think he's a clear NHL 4th liner. His problem is that he's part of the deepest forward group in the league. Guys like Kostin and Kyrou aren't going to be called up to grind away on the 4th line, so Mac is a fit for the role he's got. This is pretty much his ceiling as a player even if he doesn't play every night, but good for him for actually getting there.
Maybe. To me he's just a guy.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 am
BillP. wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:37 am Who the fuck is Blais' agent? Mac gets 2 at 900K per and Blais gets 750K. You got to be fuck'n kidding me. Did Mac even play 1 playoff game last year? When Blais has his game cookin, he's game. I believe he played a huge part in the first goal we got in Gm 7 against Bruins. Whatever, it's a bargain for the Blues and Blais is going to have to suck it up to earn his pay day.
Blais is getting $1.5/year starting next year.
Oh, I thought it was 1.5M total over 2 years................1.5M per year for 2? Good for him. That's fair.

netboy65 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:59 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:24 am

Maybe. To me he's just a guy.
Oh for sure he's just a guy. If he gets included in some trade to open up cap space to sign Petro or somebody else this offseason, I won't shed a tear. But to me he's an NHL "just a guy", and I'm shocked that he made it that far.

MacEachern knows how to play Berube’s style and fits in really well. He might be just a guy, but he’s a pretty good one in that 4th line role. With a salary cap, you need guys like this that can play their roles well. For those dollars, they could do a lot worse.