Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm Because you suck, you toothless rich bitch.

Is the list on NHL.com? Where find?
The poll was posted a couple weeks back. His comment came today because he was on a conference call. One in which he said he didn't see how the NHL could possibly return.

Here's the poll. Him being rated ahead of Petro is laughable, no way would I trade the two and every Kings fan would.
https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2019-20
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm Because you suck, you toothless rich bitch.

Is the list on NHL.com? Where find?
The poll was posted a couple weeks back. His comment came today because he was on a conference call. One in which he said he didn't see how the NHL could possibly return.

Here's the poll. Him being rated ahead of Petro is laughable, no way would I trade the two and every Kings fan would.
https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2019-20

Thanks. I agree on Petro. But I wouldn't of said that prior to Berube taking over. And I don't know how much higher Doughty expected to be on that list. The guy is tied with Brent Burns - ha

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:23 am Feel like this is news worthy even though its COVID related.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29 ... urn-sports

Fauci thinks sports can come back sooner rather than later if they play in empty stadiums and quarantine teams in hotels. Which I think is pretty similar to what MLB was proposing for games in spring training stadiums in Arizona.

Sounds like everything is gearing up towards a summer return in empty venues. PGA announced plans to begin in June. Golf is a different animal, but it sounds like that's the way things are headed. When "summer" is exactly for the NHL remains to be seen. I'd assume they start with the playoffs. I just don't know how you ask the Red Wings to come back and play a few games right now.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:24 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:23 am Feel like this is news worthy even though its COVID related.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29 ... urn-sports

Fauci thinks sports can come back sooner rather than later if they play in empty stadiums and quarantine teams in hotels. Which I think is pretty similar to what MLB was proposing for games in spring training stadiums in Arizona.

Sounds like everything is gearing up towards a summer return in empty venues. PGA announced plans to begin in June. Golf is a different animal, but it sounds like that's the way things are headed. When "summer" is exactly for the NHL remains to be seen. I'd assume they start with the playoffs. I just don't know how you ask the Red Wings to come back and play a few games right now.

IMO, this gives the Blues a shot to make history. They could actually 3 Peat this thing. When play resumes, the Blues will rediscover their structure and style probably quicker than anyone else in the league, with the exception of maybe some other teams that play similar like Boston & Washington.

But the Blues should be heavy favorites to win this playoff tourney IMO and then when the new season kicks off, the Blues will get a fair shot to gun for a 3 in a row. I'm calling it..............

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:02 pm I'm pretty sure that it's going to be up to the State Governors, and not the Hockey Governors, as to what they will allow and not allow. I'll be surprised if Hockey happens in Illinois anytime soon.
Not an issue if you don't play at home rinks. I'd assume they're looking at neutral site games all in one or a smattering of cities. I'm not endorsing this idea (nor condemning), just passing along.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:02 pm I'm pretty sure that it's going to be up to the State Governors, and not the Hockey Governors, as to what they will allow and not allow. I'll be surprised if Hockey happens in Illinois anytime soon.
All you have to do to keep hockey out of Illinois is start with the playoffs.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:49 pm
Not an issue if you don't play at home rinks. I'd assume they're looking at neutral site games all in one or a smattering of cities. I'm not endorsing this idea (nor condemning), just passing along.
Two things... Some State Governors will have to approve, and risk being voted out of office... and the NHLPA will also have to be okay with it. If you were ROR, would you want Marchand's nasty mouth licking your kisser?

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:49 pm
The biggest hurdles won't include finding willing venue operators. The biggest hurdles will be finding venues that are already wired for multi-camera set ups or can be fitted fairly quickly, and that will have the infrastructure to handle four teams at a time like a Frozen Four tournament. I suspect they will also avoid buildings that fit plans for NBA use as any concurrent use will blow the whole thing up from a logistics and a public health perspective. Given that St. Louis isn't particularly a hot spot at the moment, Enterprise Center should certainly be on the list for consideration. You could have a lot of NHL, AHL, NCAA and CHL facilities that could fill the bill.

Have one location for each of the four divisional rounds, up to 21 games in each venue over 4 weeks, with the first round games played on alternating nights for each first round series. Then either re-use one of these sites or move to a fifth site for two weeks of conference final and SCF play. All venues would need to have hotel accommodations available for four teams, players and staff, for the first two week period and two teams over the final two week period.

The funny thing is they didn't seem to fire anyone from Hockey Ops. Saved a bunch of money, but still a crappy team. Only possible explanation for that is he wants to wait to can Botterill until they have an idea of when they're playing next, and perhaps more importantly, when the draft is.

I still can’t figure out the Botterill thing. He was the next upcoming great GM...he learned the craft from one of the best. Outside of the trade with Army, he’s made some decent deals but it sure seems like the ROR trade is gonna be the trade he’s always remembered for. That trade is like a big monkey on his back.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"