Re: Chuck Lefley

Pheasant Run Apartments in Maryland Heights was a hot spot for Blues player sightings back in those days. And for frequent visitations by the local puck bunnies. No wonder Turk (the original one) left that back seat phone disconnected in his Rolls Royce - he didn't wanna to be interrupted by a call from his Monopoly buddies.

It’ seemed like Pheasant Run was where all the parties were back in the 80’s too. Seems like I was at a party there every damn weekend or at that little dance club next to the McDonalds on Dorsett and McKelvey.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Great article. Lefley was a great player. Didn't know he retired on his own, I thought the injury he had in Gm 2 against the Canadiens was the reason he ended up leaving the game. I bet Sanderson was a cool dude, too bad he got hooked on drugs/alcohol. Blues actually had some fire power on that 75-76 team, but they didn't have a great goalie or a great defenseman. Shit like that makes a difference.

My favorite story on Sanderson ..I should say a story that stands out was when he was homeless and living in Central Park. Apparently he had gotten into it with another homeless person and Sanderson gave him the old “Don’t you know who I am?” line and the other guy looked at him and said “yeah....you’re a bum just like me”.
Also does anybody remember the movie that used to air that starred Sanderson? It had a couple of names but the one I always remember was called “Winter comes early”

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:34 pm... Also does anybody remember the movie that used to air that starred Sanderson? It had a couple of names but the one I always remember was called “Winter comes early”
It was released in 1971 under the title "Face-Off" in Canada. The IMDb profile lists several former Maple Leafs as playing "Self (uncredited)." I've only seen brief clips from it, looked awful. The movie is often described as a "cult classic" - that's your FIRST clue. :roll:

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:34 pm My favorite story on Sanderson ..I should say a story that stands out was when he was homeless and living in Central Park. Apparently he had gotten into it with another homeless person and Sanderson gave him the old “Don’t you know who I am?” line and the other guy looked at him and said “yeah....you’re a bum just like me”.
:lol:

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:00 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:34 pm... Also does anybody remember the movie that used to air that starred Sanderson? It had a couple of names but the one I always remember was called “Winter comes early”
It was released in 1971 under the title "Face-Off" in Canada. The IMDb profile lists several former Maple Leafs as playing "Self (uncredited)." I've only seen brief clips from it, looked awful. The movie is often described as a "cult classic" - that's your FIRST clue. :roll:
Pretty sure I faked a sick day from school to stay home and watch it one time on good old KPLR.
Wasn’t about to miss a movie with a current St. Louis Blue being in it!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:25 pm Lefley was one of my favorite players of that era. The fact that the guy who uses his name and likeness over at HFBoards is such a miserable asshole chaps my ass more than it probably should.
Yeah, he jumped my ass for no reason at all one time on HF Boards. Some guys came to my defense and called him out.