Re: John Kelly has the rona

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pm Apologies if this was posted but I did a search and didn't see it.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-is ... -316422366

The St. Louis Blues have issued the following statement regarding FOX Sports Midwest play-by-play announcer John Kelly, who tested positive for COVID-19:

The St. Louis Blues are confirming that play-by-play announcer John Kelly has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

John has been in self-quarantine since March 13. We are thrilled to report that John is now feeling strong and symptom free.

The health and safety of the entire Blues family remains our core focus during these unprecedented times. We wish John well as he continues his recovery at home.
A couple Sens players tested positive following their West Coast trip...... Sens played the Ducks 3/10... The Blues played the Ducks the following night.
It's amazing how this virus jumps around.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pm Apologies if this was posted but I did a search and didn't see it.

The St. Louis Blues have issued the following statement regarding FOX Sports Midwest play-by-play announcer John Kelly, who tested positive for COVID-19:

The St. Louis Blues are confirming that play-by-play announcer John Kelly has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

John has been in self-quarantine since March 13. We are thrilled to report that John is now feeling strong and symptom free.

The health and safety of the entire Blues family remains our core focus during these unprecedented times. We wish John well as he continues his recovery at home.
A couple Sens players tested positive following their West Coast trip...... Sens played the Ducks 3/10... The Blues played the Ducks the following night.
With limited testing, we really haven't got a clue how many carriers that there are.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:52 pm

With limited testing, we really haven't got a clue how many carriers that there are.
That's true. And that's what makes this virus so dangerous in how many asymptomatic carriers there could be.

Didn’t the Blues have “the flu” going through the locker room right before all this started?

MissouriMook wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:37 pm

Didn’t the Blues have “the flu” going through the locker room right before all this started?
Yup

honestly...I got back from a work travel trip the last weekend in January and within days, I was as sick as I've ever been in my life. I kid you not.....I remember telling the wife several times, I thought that this was gonna be it. I couldn't even walk upstairs or take a shower without having to sit down. I lost 9lbs because I didn't eat for like 5 days other than some jello. I did get to the doctor, they just said I had the flu as well as an upper respiratory infection and they gave me antibiotics for that part of it. I think a lot of people that got sick at the beginning of the year probably had the Coronavirus and they just didn't know at that point.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 am honestly...I got back from a work travel trip the last weekend in January and within days, I was as sick as I've ever been in my life. I kid you not.....I remember telling the wife several times, I thought that this was gonna be it. I couldn't even walk upstairs or take a shower without having to sit down. I lost 9lbs because I didn't eat for like 5 days other than some jello. I did get to the doctor, they just said I had the flu as well as an upper respiratory infection and they gave me antibiotics for that part of it. I think a lot of people that got sick at the beginning of the year probably had the Coronavirus and they just didn't know at that point.
Sorry to hear that.....but the good news in your story is that there are some “experts” that think it did start over here sooner than we realize and that a lot of people have already had it. In most cases, people have had it and probably didn’t even know it because they had no symptoms or very mild symptoms. There is actually a new antibody test that can identify who has already had it and might therefore be immune.......which could allow those people to go back to work and prevent the economy from completely going to shit.

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 am honestly...I got back from a work travel trip the last weekend in January and within days, I was as sick as I've ever been in my life. I kid you not.....I remember telling the wife several times, I thought that this was gonna be it. I couldn't even walk upstairs or take a shower without having to sit down. I lost 9lbs because I didn't eat for like 5 days other than some jello. I did get to the doctor, they just said I had the flu as well as an upper respiratory infection and they gave me antibiotics for that part of it. I think a lot of people that got sick at the beginning of the year probably had the Coronavirus and they just didn't know at that point.
It's interesting to be sure. I had a god awful cough and sore throat with virtually no nasal congestion a few months ago. I chalked it up to bronchitis but it does make me wonder. The cough was INSANE.

Re: CORONAVIRUS [was: League Watch 2020]

HEADLINE: "State-assisted suicide plan launched in Belarus." They're starting with hockey fans & players ... :shock:

Reuters: 'It's better to die standing than to live on your knees' - Belarus leader on coronavirus | Reuters Video

Transcription/translation courtesy of Yahoo! News ...
SHOWS: MINSK, BELARUS (MARCH 28, 2020) (BELARUS PRESIDENTIAL PRESS SERVICE - ACCESS ALL)

1. SUPPORTERS CHEERING / HOCKEY MATCH IN PROGRESS

2. SUPPORTERS CHEERING

3. VARIOUS OF HOCKEY

4. SUPPORTERS CHEERING

5. BELARUS PRESIDENT ALEXANDER LUKASHENKO (BLACK HELMET) ATTEMPTING TO SCORE

6. SUPPORTERS WAVING BELARUS FLAG

7. PLAYERS GREETING EACH OTHER WITH HIGH FIVE, LUKASHENKO AMONG THEM (BLACK HELMET)

8. SUPPORTERS CHEERING

9. LUKASHENKO GIVING INTERVIEW

10. (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) BELARUS PRESIDENT, ALEXANDER LUKASHENKO, SAYING:

"It's better to die standing than to live on your knees (LAUGHS) (JOURNALIST ASKING IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT CAN STOP HIM FROM PLAYING HOCKEY). To stop me? But why? It is possible but why? I don't understand. There are no viruses here. Did you see any of them flying around? I don't see them too. This is a fridge. It is the best (OVER CUTAWAY OF LUKASHENKO GIVING INTERVIEW) for health. This is (BACK TO LUKASHENKO) better than sport and this fridge is the a real anti-viral cure!"

11. SUPPORTERS CHEERING, GAME IN PROGRESS

12. LUKASHENKO GIVING HIGH FIVE TO HIS TEAM

13. SUPPORTERS HUGGING EACH OTHER, CHEERING

14. LUKASHENKO (BLACK HELMET) HUGGING TEAM MATES

15. VARIOUS OF SUPPORTERS CHEERING

16. PLAYERS SHAKING HANDS AFTER GAME

17. LUKASHENKO SHAKING HANDS, CLAPPING PLAYERS ON SHOULDERS AFTER GAME

STORY: "It's better to die standing than to live on your knees," said Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko, after taking part in an ice hockey game in the capital Minsk on Saturday (March 28), adding that this is the best protection.

President Alexander Lukashenko, who has held power in the former Soviet nation of 9.5 million people since 1994, has downplayed the need for social distancing and bragged that he continues to play ice hockey and embrace fellow players.

Belarus has so far reported 94 coronavirus cases but has taken few measures to curb the outbreak. The national soccer league has continued, despite virtually no sport being played elsewhere throughout Europe.

The number of infected with the new coronavirus around the world exceeds 800,000 and over 27,000 people have died.

(Production: Maria Vasilyeva)

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:16 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:05 amHalf of the people tested in New York have it. Also...almost all of the people tested in New were already hospitalized with serious conditions....according to the guy who monitors the testing.

https://www.gq.com/story/northwell-labs ... B5mK3iRnCY
The Belarusian President & his hockey team should come to New York and cheer up those people.
How does someone in bed with lung cancer get this illness except through a Dr or healthcare worker.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:03 am
Scruffy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:20 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:18 pm 0.0033% of New York has been infected...its everywhere!!!!
I’m guessing you always grossly exaggerate to make a point?
Feeling blessed to have a fan like you, honestly.
It’s funny because I wondered if the “hoax” people would finally acknowledge that this virus was a real threat.

Guess I have my answer.

Scruffy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am
It’s funny because I wondered if the “hoax” people would finally acknowledge that this virus was a real threat.

Guess I have my answer.
Last edited by Scruffy on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:20 amHow does someone in bed with lung cancer get this illness except through a Dr or healthcare worker.
By: (a) having the virus BEFORE entering the hospital (possible indications of a longer incubation period in some patients AND the presence of COVID-19 in the U.S. earlier than commonly reported); or (b) they received a Get Well Soon card from President Lukashenko. Take yer pick.
Last edited by JMC-STL on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guess I have my answer.

The hoax is still on...I drove by the COVID-19 testing center BJC set up...there was nobody there. My cousin is in heavy manufacturing and was told by a distillery that the government was paying them $40 a gal for hand sanitizer...it costs $5 a gal to make. The hoax is real, Scruff.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm

Guess I have my answer.

The hoax is still on...I drove by the COVID-19 testing center BJC set up...there was nobody there. My cousin is in heavy manufacturing and was told by a distillery that the government was paying them $40 a gal for hand sanitizer...it costs $5 a gal to make. The hoax is real, Scruff.
if only the world revolved around only what the Capn saw and heard, it would be a very interesting place. Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way, but the opinions and views expressed by Capn sure do make it entertaining!
"Do Only Good Everyday"