Re: Some Perunovich news

Cujo's Mask wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:59 pm I wonder if this is really a good omen for the Blues? No contracts being signed can count toward this year (can't burn the year of ELC) and he will be a free agent, so every team will have essentially the same goods to play with. I hope I'm overthinking this!
That’s only until the league knows the final outcome of the season...either they play or they don’t. Also most GM’s don’t really care about burning the first year of the ELC anymore. Plus I think the rules are different for Perunovich since he’s already 21 and hasn’t signed a contract yet. Based on his age, I don’t believe the Blues can slide that contract. I think when he signs, the first year basically disappears...games played doesn’t matter. I might be wrong here though...contracts aren’t my strong suit.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:21 pm
Cujo's Mask wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:59 pm I wonder if this is really a good omen for the Blues? No contracts being signed can count toward this year (can't burn the year of ELC) and he will be a free agent, so every team will have essentially the same goods to play with. I hope I'm overthinking this!
That’s only until the league knows the final outcome of the season...either they play or they don’t. Also most GM’s don’t really care about burning the first year of the ELC anymore. Plus I think the rules are different for Perunovich since he’s already 21 and hasn’t signed a contract yet. Based on his age, I don’t believe the Blues can slide that contract. I think when he signs, the first year basically disappears...games played doesn’t matter. I might be wrong here though...contracts aren’t my strong suit.
I'm not sure either. I just wonder if they don't come back for any type of regular season if there will be a mechanism to get him signed for 2019-2020. If not, his options are wide open. That worries me just a little.
Last edited by Cujo's Mask on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think the way it worked in the past for guys in Perunovich's situation was that if they hadn't signed with the team that drafted them by August 15, they became UFAs (Think Jimmy Vescey spurning Nashville for NYR). Obviously that is complicated by the fact that nobody knows if they'll be playing "this" season in August or at any point. I think that Tim is right in that if the season does continue, and Perunovich signs while the Blues are still alive, a year burns up immediately. Schwartz is the most prominent instance of that case in my memory.

I don't care about the mechanics, I just want him signed and in the organization. Deal with the rest later.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pmWill they call him the "Prune Man"?
We don't want to jinx him and he ends up shitty on D.
JMC already uses Prune Man when he plays in his pick-up league.
No, that's "Spoon Man." Because I like to cuddle with the opposing forwards when they're standing in my crease.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 am
We don't want to jinx him and he ends up shitty on D.
JMC already uses Prune Man when he plays in his pick-up league.
No, that's "Spoon Man." Because I like to cuddle with the opposing forwards when they're standing in my crease.
That’s right... sorry... it’s Mrs JMC that calls you Prune Man. When I asked her why, she just blushed and said “ That’s intimate, Turk.”

“I don’t want to put too much hype or pressure or speculation, but the reason we want to keep this option is because potentially if we get up and play he could help us this year,” Armstrong said. “That’s how highly we think of him.”

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:09 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 pmJMC already uses Prune Man when he plays in his pick-up league[/b].
That’s right... sorry... it’s Mrs JMC that calls you Prune Man. When I asked her why, she just blushed and said: “That’s intimate, Turk.”
You musta been talkin' to the wrong Mrs., Rev. Mrs. JMC hasn't used the word "intimate" since the 1940s. That's when I changed my goaltending style. I invented the "hug the post" move.

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:51 pmHe's in the final three. I think there is a good chance he ends up winning it. One of the other finalists is a goalie and they very rarely win this award.
For those with access, the NCAA.com release for the Hobey Baker finalists says: "This year’s Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced Saturday, April 11, 2020 live on ESPN’s SportsCenter during the 11pm ET show."

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:38 pm YES! :dancingbanana:

Without looking ... Can you name the former St. Louis Blues players who were Hobey Baker Memorial Award winners? Hint: There were 5 of them (much to my surprise).
Actually there are 6 former Blues that have won the Hobey Baker

"Suck a dick Johansen"