Re: 2019-2020 St. Louis Blues

I'd prefer the NHL just stay the course and don't change a thing. If they end the season, then they just do the lottery by in order of the standings at the time they cancel the season.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:03 pm I'd prefer the NHL just stay the course and don't change a thing. If they end the season, then they just do the lottery by in order of the standings at the time they cancel the season.
You’ll be singing a different tune when the Blues win the #1 pick and trade it for Travis Konecny
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:26 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:03 pm I'd prefer the NHL just stay the course and don't change a thing. If they end the season, then they just do the lottery by in order of the standings at the time they cancel the season.
You’ll be singing a different tune when the Blues win the #1 pick and trade it for Travis Konecny
Well i didn’t take that option into consideration....I’d be all for that

"Suck a dick Johansen"

That makes the most sense, and my first instinct was to agree, BUT...this would be a great opportunity for the NHL to do something weird. For a franchise that has been spurned by the whims of fate for so long, it'd be nice for something odd to happen that actually benefits the Blues. Since the Blues have what..the second or third best points percentage right now, any change from the norm would almost have to benefit us. LET'S GET WEIRD!!!

Of course I don't have a real suggestion. If this comes to pass, I have months to come up with something though.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:14 pm
That makes the most sense, and my first instinct was to agree, BUT...this would be a great opportunity for the NHL to do something weird. For a franchise that has been spurned by the whims of fate for so long, it'd be nice for something odd to happen that actually benefits the Blues. Since the Blues have what..the second or third best points percentage right now, any change from the norm would almost have to benefit us. LET'S GET WEIRD!!!

Of course I don't have a real suggestion. If this comes to pass, I have months to come up with something though.
I'm with you. In my mind, I was imagining a March Madness style tournament. One game, winner moves on. You just have to crown a champion in my eyes. The Blues deserve a shot to repeat and the rest of the league has played so much of this season, that they deserve a shot to win the Cup.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:57 am

I'm with you. In my mind, I was imagining a March Madness style tournament. One game, winner moves on. You just have to crown a champion in my eyes. The Blues deserve a shot to repeat and the rest of the league has played so much of this season, that they deserve a shot to win the Cup.
No point of crowning a champion that no one will recognize as a champion, led by myself. The Stanley Cup trophy is not a gimmick.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:20 pm

No point of crowning a champion that no one will recognize as a champion, led by myself. The Stanley Cup trophy is not a gimmick.
I think another option is just to whittle the playoff field down. Blues vs Avs - Oilers vs Knights - Bruins vs Lightning - Capitals vs Flyers. The top two teams from each division. Just completely skip the first round. Division winners play for the conference, conference winners play for the Cup.
KA-KAW!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:19 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm The Blues twitter feed is doing a live stream of an NHL 20 simulation of tonight's "would have been" game against the Caps. The good news is that we're up 5-0 in the second. Even better, Robert Thomas just decisively won a fight.
We're all living in a simulation
Odds are pretty good that we actually are

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I only like the weird ideas for off the ice stuff like the lottery if they end up cancelling the season. If they do finish the season in some way shape or fashion, I'd want the playoffs to be as normal as possible.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:01 pmI think another option is just to whittle the playoff field down. Blues vs Avs - Oilers vs Knights - Bruins vs Lightning - Capitals vs Flyers. The top two teams from each division. Just completely skip the first round. Division winners play for the conference, conference winners play for the Cup.
AND the Cup winners get a six-week bye PLUS an equivalent number of wins credited when the 2020-21 season begins as scheduled.

MattyIce wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:20 pm

I think another option is just to whittle the playoff field down. Blues vs Avs - Oilers vs Knights - Bruins vs Lightning - Capitals vs Flyers. The top two teams from each division. Just completely skip the first round. Division winners play for the conference, conference winners play for the Cup.
These games would all be played in front of no fans - But, at least The NHL could get the TV and streaming revenues. After winning The Cup, The Blues could announce that the public celebration would be pushed back to October.

They just need to end the season. There is no reason to keep this over everybody’s head giving them hope.
Do the right thing and cancel the whole goddamn thing. I don’t want hockey in July and August. Don’t taint the season by having some meaningless non standard playoff just to crown a champion. I wouldn’t want the Blues winning something that nobody on the outside would give them credit for when all is said and done.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am I'm just surprised that this virus didnt break out last year and fuck us out of our first Cup. The curse was off by a year.
I’ve honestly thought about that......so I’ll thank God again that we won when we did! But what I don’t understand, after those asshole Cubs finally won, there was no fucking plague on mankind. It’s just not fair, I tell ya!