Best Blues Jersey

The Blues don't have a lot of differentiation in their colors and designs over the years. For me it will always be the 89'-94' versions, this is the most vibrant blue the team has used and the gold bands tie everything together nicely. After this I would pick the current heritage uniforms. The current uniforms are boring and uninspired...the over use of the dark blue is one of the most visually boring elements in the history of sports...aside from them being the cup uniforms...they are easily one of the worst. And fuck piping.
Attachments

Re: Best Blues Jersey

As much as the idea of red on an STL Blues jersey disturbs me (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, #99), the thin red accent lines works very well to soften the white-to-golden shade transitions on that particular jersey.

More jersey color trivia: Besides smart phone & computer displays & TV screens messing with the appearances of shades of blue & gold, modern arena LED lighting will particularly alter how Blues jerseys look. The light output from newer LED lamps in arenas has very high peaks in the blue part of the visible color spectrum, which golden shades tend to absorb making them look more yellow. "Thanks, Mr. Science!"

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:59 pm As much as the idea of red on an STL Blues jersey disturbs me (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, #99), the thin red accent lines works very well to soften the white-to-golden shade transitions on that particular jersey.

More jersey color trivia: Besides smart phone & computer displays & TV screens messing with the appearances of shades of blue & gold, modern arena LED lighting will particularly alter how Blues jerseys look. The light output from newer LED lamps in arenas has very high peaks in the blue part of the visible color spectrum, which golden shades tend to absorb making them look more yellow. "Thanks, Mr. Science!"
The cities colors are blue, gold, and red.

I can’t argue with the choice. I love how the shoulders have nothing on them and the jerseys are just solid white (home) and blue (away).

The 79-84 Jerseys that have the gold trim on the shoulders might actually be the best Blues uniform.

But these 2 versions would be the top 2 IMO.

Ok...you are right.
BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:43 pm

I can’t argue with the choice. I love how the shoulders have nothing on them and the jerseys are just solid white (home) and blue (away).

The 79-84 Jerseys that have the gold trim on the shoulders might actually be the best Blues uniform.

Attachments
Blues08.png Blues08.png Viewed 18699 times 17.55 KiB

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:33 pm Ok...you are right.

Ha - thanks for posting. Wanted to post picture but was too lazy to do it :)

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:33 pm Ok...you are right.

They were pretty awesome. Plus, I love that era.

Here is what I would love to see them wear full time:

HOME
home.jpg home.jpg Viewed 18678 times 10.53 KiB

AWAY

HERITAGE

And then have some kind of creative third jersey to where on occasion. I actually loved the arch logo, but I'm with Capn where I can't stand the navy. I also am a sucker for the old trumpet logo. They could make a sweet third out of the trumpet logo. Or even recolor it:
KA-KAW!

The 79 jersey will always be my favorite. Those are the ones they should have brought back this year for the 40th anniversary instead of the 25 year anniversary of the clown jerseys
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MattyIce wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 am Here is what I would love to see them wear full time:

HOME

home.jpg

AWAY

away.jpg

HERITAGE

HERITAGE.jpg

And then have some kind of creative third jersey to where on occasion. I actually loved the arch logo, but I'm with Capn where I can't stand the navy. I also am a sucker for the old trumpet logo. They could make a sweet third out of the trumpet logo. Or even recolor it:

third.jpg
trumpet.png
I like those too MattyIce

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm The Blues don't have a lot of differentiation in their colors and designs over the years. For me it will always be the 89'-94' versions, this is the most vibrant blue the team has used and the gold bands tie everything together nicely. After this I would pick the current heritage uniforms. The current uniforms are boring and uninspired...the over use of the dark blue is one of the most visually boring elements in the history of sports...aside from them being the cup uniforms...they are easily one of the worst. And fuck piping.
For once, I agree with you. I just ordered that exact jersey a couple of weeks before all this shit went down from customthrowbackjerseys.com with Zezel - 9. I'm expecting the delivery to be pushed back with most non-essential businesses shut down, but hopefully I'll have it before they start playing again.

See how a crisis brings people together!

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm The Blues don't have a lot of differentiation in their colors and designs over the years. For me it will always be the 89'-94' versions, this is the most vibrant blue the team has used and the gold bands tie everything together nicely. After this I would pick the current heritage uniforms. The current uniforms are boring and uninspired...the over use of the dark blue is one of the most visually boring elements in the history of sports...aside from them being the cup uniforms...they are easily one of the worst. And fuck piping.
For once, I agree with you. I just ordered that exact jersey a couple of weeks before all this shit went down from customthrowbackjerseys.com with Zezel - 9. I'm expecting the delivery to be pushed back with most non-essential businesses shut down, but hopefully I'll have it before they start playing again.

See how a crisis brings people together!
Seeing you two come together has made coronavirus worth it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

By and large the Blues have had history of non-embarrassing uniforms. The clown jerseys with the red are my least favorite, but they did fit in with the times. I think that they've done a good job of freshening things up once they start to get a little stale. To be honest, the current getup is getting a little stale for me, but I'm not sure there's a dramatic redesign coming anytime soon.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm The current thirds are the best jersey that the Blues have ever had IMO
Decent jersey but the navy blue has grown stale for me. The homes are ok but the road whites don’t look all that great.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 am... I just ordered that exact jersey a couple of weeks before all this shit went down from customthrowbackjerseys.com with Zezel - 9. I'm expecting the delivery to be pushed back with most non-essential businesses shut down, but hopefully I'll have it before they start playing again. ...
China is open for business again, and the U.S. package delivery services are deemed "essential services." So I doubt there will be much delay. Just don't answer the doorbell, handle the package with gloves after the delivery guy/gal leaves, and open it outside so you can immediately discard the wrapping in the trash can and only the garbage collector suffers a quick & painful death.

Those early-90s jerseys were great. I have a hunch that, similar to music, whatever hooked you as a kid ends up being your gold own personal gold standard. And since I became a fan during Cujo-Shanny-Hull era, I’ll always love this look.

I also agree with the nod to the original-era jerseys, plus the Winter Classic look they inspired. You sir, have impeccable taste in hockey jerseys.

The Blues have never had a truly bad jersey. My least favorites were the mid 90s clown jerseys and the navy arch logo 3rds. But even those are still OK. My favorites are the current thirds, current home and away, and early 90s home and away sets.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm The Blues have never had a truly bad jersey. My least favorites were the mid 90s clown jerseys and the navy arch logo 3rds. But even those are still OK. My favorites are the current thirds, current home and away, and early 90s home and away sets.
Those are my least favorite ones too.

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 am Didn't care for these when they came out, but the Blues were a great, loveable team with these jerseys while they played under Demers.

Northstars - Blues.jpg
I can't stand the "Blues" above the note. Looks like a bad knockoff t-shirt.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!