Re: League Watch 2020

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:43 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:20 pm Well said and my views have nothing to do with youTubers or info wars.
Again 330 mil citizens...1250 cases or so...30 something deaths....all elderly people with other conditions.
St. Louis county just issued a state of emergency and we have just one confirmed case. Will there be more...of course.
Who remembers the media panic of of H1Z1 in 2009? Nobody because there wasn’t one. I wonder why?
H1N1 wasn't nearly as deadly. And also, while I'm not giving the media a gold star for their coverage of this (there has certainly been problems) I don't think I've ever seen the media "panicking" or telling people to panic (although admittedly I don't watch cable news). Its the media's job to report whats going on...are they just supposed to not tell us how bad shit's gotten in Italy and Iran? With that said--have peopled panicked in response to media coverage? Absolutely, but I don't think we can blame the media for that--thats members of the public being dumb and panicking despite every expert on this telling people to remain calm.
Agreed. People don’t need the media to panic them. They’re already halfway there by nature.

I prefer to look at any potential disaster from worst case, and then work from there. If my town is in the direct path of a tornado, I'd rather know that, instead of having the weatherman tell me that there's a tornado in my area, but it probably won't hit my house. The problem with this virus is that there are too many unknowns, and that we currently don't have the infrastructure in place to deal with anything remotely near the worst case.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:43 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:20 pm Well said and my views have nothing to do with youTubers or info wars.
Again 330 mil citizens...1250 cases or so...30 something deaths....all elderly people with other conditions.
St. Louis county just issued a state of emergency and we have just one confirmed case. Will there be more...of course.
Who remembers the media panic of of H1Z1 in 2009? Nobody because there wasn’t one. I wonder why?
H1N1 wasn't nearly as deadly. And also, while I'm not giving the media a gold star for their coverage of this (there has certainly been problems) I don't think I've ever seen the media "panicking" or telling people to panic (although admittedly I don't watch cable news). Its the media's job to report whats going on...are they just supposed to not tell us how bad shit's gotten in Italy and Iran? With that said--have peopled panicked in response to media coverage? Absolutely, but I don't think we can blame the media for that--thats members of the public being dumb and panicking despite every expert on this telling people to remain calm.
I've tried to stay out of the melee here but having watched multiple broadcasts I've come to the conclusion that it's mostly political. Schools around me are closing, which isn't a bad thing considering grandpas and grandmas love them some grandkids. Friends went to the store, no tp, water not there. I've got a mother in her 90s and an aunt in her high 90s, and I've told them I love them and I'll see them in a month or so. Aunt Gert, god rest her soul, was a wise woman who lived through the Spanish flu and many other so called end of times calamities, and we will too. God bless everyone, do what's right and for the love of God don't panic.

Regardless of your love/hate of politics, news media, governments, bradleygt89's, etc....this is not a joke so here is some information to look at, and if you know folks who are in this higher risk category, make sure they are informed and understand:

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease are so commonplace that everyone reading these words likely knows somebody with at least one of these maladies.

They are also the “underlying conditions” most associated with severe cases of COVID-19, based on early clinical profiles on the disease. Even though 80 percent of COVID-19 cases are mild, these reports reveal that the novel coronavirus can endanger people other than the elderly and infirm.

The idea that the virus only poses a threat to older people comes from focusing too heavily on COVID-19’s death rate, which the World Health Organization updated last Wednesday to 3.4 percent. This rate is an average across ages, and the chances of dying do rise among older people.

But evidence also shows that COVID-19 is more fatal across all age groups than seasonal influenza, with death rates six to 10 times higher for those under 50. Moreover, death isn’t the only danger, and severe cases of COVID-19 are more common among young adults than you might think.

Read full article:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... 1948A86639
"Do Only Good Everyday"

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:33 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:20 pm... Who remembers the media panic of of H1Z1 in 2009? Nobody because there wasn’t one. I wonder why?
You've been mainlining Rush Limbaugh podcasts again, haven't you TIM?
Nah..not a Rush Limbaugh fan plus I only listen to NHL Radio for the most part and Jim Rome.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Racism

I think most people other than a few neanderthals are smart enough to differentiate between the Chinese people and the Chinese government and certainly based on conversing with everyone here, nobody on this forum.

Come to Asia and see for yourself how the PRC is trying to destabilize and infiltrate independent Asian countries. People are rightfully fearful and even moreso now with the hell they (mistakenly?) unleashed on the rest of the world.

Is that racism?

By the way, mouthpieces of the Chinese government are now trying to propagate the theory that the virus was made by the US and released into China to make them the culprit. And that is not a conspiracy theory.

So decide for yourself and use some logic as to what really happened.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:27 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:20 pm... Who remembers the media panic of of H1Z1 in 2009? Nobody because there wasn’t one. I wonder why?
Nah..not a Rush Limbaugh fan plus I only listen to NHL Radio for the most part and Jim Rome.
Back to the original intent of this thread (if ever so briefly) ... My Sirius XM trial has expired. So what is NHL Radio saying about resuming the season & effects on the June draft?

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:55 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:27 pm
Back to the original intent of this thread (if ever so briefly) ... My Sirius XM trial has expired. So what is NHL Radio saying about resuming the season & effects on the June draft?
Some are saying the obvious that it’s all going to be pushed back into July and a couple of guys , Boomer being one believes the season will be cancelled all together. If you are familiar with Boomer though, you know he can be negative and a bit of a flip flop. His whole outlook could be totally different on Monday.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:30 amAre the Blues going to issue refunds to season ticket holders?
Still nothing official re. ticket refunds/comps. STH's that I work with have been chatting about promises of crediting remaining portions of their package to their running accounts, but I don't believe any of that was official from the club.

Thursday's statement from St. Louis Blues President and CEO Chris Zimmerman ...
As many of you are aware, Commissioner Gary Bettman announced today that the National Hockey League has paused our season in light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus. I can assure you that the St. Louis Blues and the NHL are following the mandates of health experts and local authorities to ensure that anyone who joins us for events at Enterprise Center and Stifel Theatre are in a safe and healthy environment.

We will continue to monitor all of the appropriate medical advice, and will encourage everyone affiliated with our organization and all of St. Louis to take all reasonable and appropriate precautions. Our goal is to resume play and host other events as soon as it is appropriate. We expect to complete this season and defend the Stanley Cup."

We are in constant communication with health experts, the city of St. Louis and the NHL and we will update you on further developments. Until then, we thank you for your patience and your support. Stay healthy and safe - we look forward to seeing you back at an event here very soon.

And for your near & far future social planning (or distancing) purposes ...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues announce events impacted by paused NHL season
by St. Louis Blues / Press Release
March 13, 2020

The St. Louis Blues announced today a list of team events impacted by the National Hockey League's (NHL) decision to pause the 2019-20 regular season due to concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

The list and current status of the events can be found below.

Postponed until future notice
• Little Blues Practices (3/14 & 15)
• First Responder Night including Police vs Fire Game (3/15)
• Wells Fargo First Game Program (3/15 & 3/29)
• Little Blues Graduation (3/21)
• Fan Appreciation Week Events (3/29 - 4/2)
• Blues Girls Hockey League Learn to Play - (3/28)
• This Bar Bleed Blue Back Yard BBQ Event (4/4)
• All Street Blues Ball Hockey, Blues Bookworms, & Future Goals school visits (various dates through 3/27)
• All corporate partner private practices (various dates through 4/2)

Postponed until 2020-21 season
• Blues Alumni Fantasy Camp (moved to September 2020)
• Hockey Is For Everyone Celebration (TBD)
• Event Series: Captains Corner (TBD)

Cancelled
• All scheduled Louie, Blue Crew, Street Team appearances in crowds larger than 100 people (various dates through 3/27)
• MVP/HOF Season Ticket Holder On Ice Photo (3/29)

Apparently, many team ownership groups are stepping up for their hourly employees who have no income now. Many aren't.

The Giving:
Anaheim Ducks – Henry Samueli
Dallas Stars – Tom Gaglardi
Detroit Red Wings – Chris Ilitch
Florida Panthers – Vincent Viola
Nashville Predators – Ownership group, largest stakeholder and chairman: Herb Fritch (approx. $600 million)
New Jersey Devils – Joshua Harris
Philadelphia Flyers – Brian L. Roberts
Pittsburgh Penguins – Ronald Burkle
San Jose Sharks – Hasso Plattner
Tampa Bay Lightning – Jeff Vinik (approx. $600 million)
Toronto Maple Leafs – Larry Tanenbaum
Washington Capitals – Ted Leonsis

The Stingy:
Arizona Coyotes – Alex Meruelo
Boston Bruins – Jeremy Jacobs
Buffalo Sabres – Terrence Pegula
Calgary Flames – N. Murray Edwards
Carolina Hurricanes – Tom Dundon
Chicago Blackhawks – Rocky Wirtz
Colorado Avalanche – Ann Walton Kroenke
Columbus Blue Jackets – John P. McConnell
Edmonton Oilers – Daryl Katz
Los Angeles Kings – Philip Anschutz
Minnesota Wild – Craig Leipold
Montreal Canadiens – Geoff Molson
New York Islanders – Scott D. Malkin (approx. $200 million)
New York Rangers – James L. Dolan
Ottawa Senators – Eugene Melnyk
St. Louis Blues – Tom Stillman (net worth unknown)
Vancouver Canucks – Francesco Aquilini
Vegas Golden Knights – Bill Foley (approx. $500 million)
Winnipeg Jets – Mark Chipman (approx. $500 million) and David Thomson (*$36 billion*)

Sergei Bobrovsky even put in $100k of his own $.

Some of the stingy names aren't a surprise (Kroenke, Jacobs, Melnyk) but I still think they could step up, considering their some of their colleagues are.

Contrast Bobrovsky to the Bruins players:

$1000 Pastrnak? Really?

Jeremy Jacobs is the 481st wealthiest person on the planet, but here can't throw is employees a bone, when other owners help theirs.

What's worse, the Flames actually sent out an email flat-out stating they WON'T be paying anybody.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:34 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:17 pmIn other positive economic news ... ESPN.com: NHL players will be paid final 3 checks through end of season
The power of a union. Hope the arena workers get the same treatment
Seems increasingly unlikely, now that the owners have agreed to shell out for the players not playing. 3 weeks of Justin Faulk's salary would cover the entire payroll @ EC, with enough left for popcorn & beer for everyone.

To briefly get back on my epidemiology 101 I’ve been doing here—this is what happens if we don’t do prevention activities. Cases start doubling in decreasing periods of time until shit is out of control. 50% of the cases in the ICU being people under 60 is not great either. Please take this seriously.