Re: San Jose Sharks are homeless

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:53 pm Damn. I was pretty sure empty arenas would happen, but with NBA suspending their season tonight could be the last Blues game we see for awhile.
NHL will make a statement later tonight and I could see you being correct.
Bettman is always gonna do what the NBA does
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Beatoni12 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:56 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:53 pm Damn. I was pretty sure empty arenas would happen, but with NBA suspending their season tonight could be the last Blues game we see for awhile.
That’s gotta be a guarantee at this point. No wayNBA can suspend the season and the NHL not do the same.
The only difference is that the NBA has a player with a positive test. If it wouldn't mean missing out on millions in gate revenue, I'd have bet they'd have gone with empty arenas first. But in reality, a suspension has to be coming.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:48 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:41 am
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:24 am
Indeed, the Santa Clara County order is mandatory. But social media influencers jumping to conclusions regarding future actions does nothing but feed the spread of ignorance & poor judgment in public reactions. I am simply urging fans with a stake in the decision to "follow" what the affected organization is reporting with cautious transparency from the team's position of actual knowledge of the dynamic situation, rather than joining the bandwagon crowd who are looking for instant validation of their worst fears.
I see what you’re saying and ageee. I think John Shannon did a good job of laying out the 4, and probably only 4 options for the NHL and SJ.

This could be a nightmare come playoff time if other cities put in place a similar mandate.
They will cancel the playoffs and we will remain champions for one more year.

Edit; Happened once in 1919.
Sorry for bringing it up guys. I think this season is over.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:52 pm I mean, they might be able to cancel the rest of the regular season, wait a few months, and then do like a shortened playoffs? 5 round series? I don't know, trying to get creative here.
I imagine they'll pause for a few weeks, play the remaing games on the schedule since they have the arenas booked. I don't know what they do after that. I'd have to think it'll be a full playoffs...eventually. Somehow they have to even out the regular season games played totals.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:56 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:52 pm I mean, they might be able to cancel the rest of the regular season, wait a few months, and then do like a shortened playoffs? 5 round series? I don't know, trying to get creative here.
I imagine they'll pause for a few weeks, play the remaing games on the schedule since they have the arenas booked. I don't know what they do after that. I'd have to think it'll be a full playoffs...eventually. Somehow they have to even out the regular season games played totals.
I think that might be optimistic...projections I've seen for this have the case load getting bad between mid-April to mid-May. Thats when shit will be really bad, if the projections are correct. Hopefully all of the cancellations of stuff will make those projections wrong though.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:56 pm
I think that might be optimistic...projections I've seen for this have the case load getting bad between mid-April to mid-May. Thats when shit will be really bad, if the projections are correct. Hopefully all of the cancellations of stuff will make those projections wrong though.
Oh great!